FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Kernel][G900F|M|T|W8][XXU1CPGK][22Aug][Marshmallow] Omega v20 ●Omega Files●

6,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,324

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from ::indie::: Omega Rom - Kernel Samsung Galaxy S5
20th April 2016, 01:00 AM |#6471  
Flag Ulaanbaatar
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Boot animation change not working
I was converted my some boot animation.zip's to QMG formats (bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg). So i was copied them to system/media folder. Boot animation not processed when phone starts. There was just "Samsung Galaxy S5" word. Then i was think it's maybe my boot animation got issue, so i need to take some clear qmg formatted animations. My choice was AOSP Marshmallow boot animation, but it's not working like previous my boot animations. Just shutdown animation works. How to set my own boot animations?

3rd May 2016, 10:13 AM |#6472  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What to do to install 6.0.1 over Omega?
I'ld like to install the 6.0.1 over an existing Omega installation. How can I do this?
Any experiences?
3rd May 2016, 02:24 PM |#6473  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Like every other Installation… nandbackup, all needed wipes, than flash.. Lg

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA-Developers mobile app
5th May 2016, 12:05 AM |#6474  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
The v13 says g900F, where is the g900T link? I got corrupt zip error when I tried it anyway. Also I suggest using md5 checks as developer so we can verify files. I have no way of telling if the zip is indeed corrupt or that is a generic error due to it being for the wrong model.
11th May 2016, 11:21 AM |#6475  

More
Has anyone made a pros/cons list for using the stock kernel vs omega kernel? I don't see any documentation on what a custom kernel even does, but for now I'm going to assume that a custom kernel is required for custom CPU clocking... can someone confirm please?

edit: I never did find an answer to this, but it is probably pointless because I read all the documentation on the boeffla kernel and it sounds amazing. I would **** my pants if your kernel actually offers that many useful things considering the state of the ROM itself. I will definitely be trying the boeffla kernel out at some point but I seriously doubt I will touch another custom ROM after this one. I gave XDA like 10 strikes on this... I wanted to find that amazing reason to even bother with flashing but it just didn't happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe7dust For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe7dust Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 09:12 AM |#6476  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7dust

Has anyone made a pros/cons list for using the stock kernel vs omega kernel? I don't see any documentation on what a custom kernel even does, but for now I'm going to assume that a custom kernel is required for custom CPU clocking... can someone confirm please?

On 2nd thought don't bother, I believe this is the 10th or so custom ROM that I have tried which seems utterly inferior to stock. I guess there just aren't any worth flashing to for the s5 in my opinion, or at least I am no longer willing to hunt for it anyway.

Some closing thoughts before I wipe this off my system:

1) Don't claim to be properly debloated when after properly deselecting sammy bloatware to not install it gets installed regardless.
2) Certainly don't add 7 to 10 of of your own custom bloatwares in the form of useless apps. (I lost count after around 7 of these)
3) If you expect a ROM to be useful, then at least make sure the wifi doesn't drop randomly at least once an hour.
4) You are definitely either a) a marketing genius, b) had a huge following before starting on this ROM, or c) this ROM was vastly superior to available stock FW back when you first started but then you were beaten by a real team of pros who designed the stuff in the first place. I wouldn't feel too bad about that last part, 1 man (and perhaps a few helpers) can only do so much.

Regardless of all the above shortcomings, the dev of Omega here is certainly a God among lemmings.
I am absolutely amazed at how you managed to get such high ratings, review count and # of followers on this steaming heap of wolf excrement. You definitely did some things "right" apparently to get such high numbers, but creating a ROM better than stock 5.1.1 (ACTUALLY debloated) was certainly not one of them.

That being said, I have 99% lost faith in XDA in general slowly over the last few weeks trying to find a custom ROM that is better than extreme debloated 5.1.1 stock on s5. Not only are the custom offerings lackluster and full of issues, but the community seems to be more or less dead for this device. Maybe it is just selfishness and the majority are too busy playing with the new things like s7. Either way, it doesn't seem like very many people at all want to have more discussion on it. So I too, am done.

Back to my personally debloated 5.1.1.... (which means pretty much anything that CAN be removed and the sytem is stable while google play still works, it is gone) The performance, stability and battery life simply can't be beat doing it this way. I could be wrong about that since I didn't try literally every custom ROM out there, but considering how many of the seemingly "major" players I did try out it was quite a waste of time. Cheers all.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe7dust For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe7dust Ad-Free
24th May 2016, 11:15 AM |#6477  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7dust

1) Don't claim to be properly debloated when after properly deselecting sammy bloatware to not install it gets installed regardless.
2) Certainly don't add 7 to 10 of of your own custom bloatwares in the form of useless apps. (I lost count after around 7 of these)

I think maybe your personal experience is a bit different to others personal experience. I tried 5 other custom ROMs before Omega and all of them had fundamental issues right from the outset (e.g. play store crashing ever 5 seconds). Omega loaded up quick and on my phone, has no issues except the private mode not working (i.e. minor and not important). As for improvements over the stock ROM, I get another half day real battery usage, 2Gb more internal storage, some RAM gain and just the general good feeling that not having Samsung bloatware brings. I suspect all the others like me are providing this ROMs following...

I left in the two quoted points because I do still have reference to the magazine slide after debloat (although it doesn't work) and I did untick most of the useless apps added in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lymond For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lymond Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 08:44 AM |#6478  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Hi friends...

Im using Omega 13... My cellular network just started the LTE service... Somehow my phones still giving me the 2G service... I went into the settings>More networks>Mobile Networks>Network mode... These are the options that I found:

WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
WCDMA only
GSM only

Somehow I dont see an LTE or a 4G option...

Can anyone help me on this issue???

Thanks in advance

Sent from my S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
1st June 2016, 08:51 AM |#6479  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5,815

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Hi friends...

Im using Omega 13... My cellular network just started the LTE service... Somehow my phones still giving me the 2G service... I went into the settings>More networks>Mobile Networks>Network mode... These are the options that I found:

WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
WCDMA only
GSM only

Somehow I dont see an LTE or a 4G option...

Can anyone help me on this issue???

Thanks in advance

you most probably need an updated version of your CSC
1st June 2016, 08:59 AM |#6480  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx

you most probably need an updated version of your CSC

Thanks for replying...
Im just wondering should there be an LTE or 4 G option in there???

Perhaps Im on GSM Modem and probably thats why its not showing me the LTE option...

1st June 2016, 09:22 AM |#6481  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5,815

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Thanks for replying...
Im just wondering should there be an LTE or 4 G option in there???

Perhaps Im on GSM Modem and probably thats why its not showing me the LTE option...

yes, you most probably need a combination of a newer modem and csc. If you have sufficient know how you might manage to get this running with this rom here but it would probably be easier to go for a more updated rom which is working out of the box for LTE and provide you with the latest android security updates.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
omega, omega rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)