Installing Google Framework/Playstore without Root 5th Gen Amazon Fire 7in 2015 ONLY

Search This thread

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
Same here. Except i can´t even install new Apps. Any solution? Thanks!

I ended up uninstalling three of the four apps installed with this script (I can't remember exactly which now, it was a week or so ago) and ran the full root/Google again, found here: http://xdaforums.com/amazon-fire/general/root-playstore-busybox-optimize-flash-t3281804

I used the no-unbloat version as a personal preference, I wanted to keep the Fire Amazon in general nature. Anyhow, I don't know what caused the shenanigans in the first place, but I've been running with no issues for a week now after deleting most of the Google framework and running the full one-click. Hope that helps you.

guyver2077

May 18, 2006
Miami, FL
ads didn't dissapear either for me. Is that a known issue at this point or is that no longer possible? Will try to read a few pages back.

donm76

Dec 29, 2011
It appears that this tool is no longer valid on 5.1.2...well atleast for me. Anyone else?

donm76

Dec 29, 2011
I just restored the tablet. Still the same.:( Could not establish connection to server crap still. It's weird that my other fire tablets( all bought at the same time) updated to 5.1.2 but still work fine.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I just restored the tablet. Still the same.:( Could not establish connection to server crap still. It's weird that my other fire tablets( all bought at the same time) updated to 5.1.2 but still work fine.
Not surprising. The sw configs probably weren't as identical as you might have thought. Consider returning it if still in warranty. Might get a refurb with 5.0.1 or 5.1.1.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Daedlaes

Mar 9, 2011
I previously installed using this script and things were fine, but the Play store stopped responding recently, I suspect the 5.1.2 upgrade broke it. I managed to get it working again this morning....

I did a couple things, all using the RootJunkys package.

1. On the device i uninstalled the 4 google packages that showed under Manage Applications, then rebooted the device. These were "Google Account Manager, Google Play Games, Google Play Store, and Google Application Framework"
2. After I rebooted, I tried re-running the rootjunky's package and it failed to install, as it said the packages were already installed. I checked again under Manage Applications, and it said they were installed but "Not Installed for this user".
3. I modified the 1-Install-Play-Store.bat script and added the "-r" option to each of the adb install commands so that it would reinstall the app if already present, and ran the script. It failed to reinstall due to the app on the device being more recent than the app it was "re-installing"
4. I manually uninstalled "com.google.android.gms and "com.android.vending" using "adb uninstall".
5. I then re-ran the install script, and just did the normal install process for "Install Google Play store and remove ads from lock screen". This time it successfully installed all 4 apk's. I had to setup Google Play store again, but I was immediately able to install apps from Google Play, such as Minecraft, which is what he wanted in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB126

kelemvor33

Mar 6, 2012
Howdy all,

I followed the instructions in the batch file that someone made that installs the apps for you automatically and it seemed to work fine. The problem I have is when I open the Play Store, none of the images show up. I see a list of available programs and can even install them, but the thumbnails of each app, the header image when I choose an app, etc all don't load at all.

Has anyone run into this problem before and do you know how to fix it? I do have the latest OS from Amazon since I just set it up so not sure if there's a compatibility problem or what.

Thanks.

kywildcat

Mar 11, 2013
Howdy all,

I followed the instructions in the batch file that someone made that installs the apps for you automatically and it seemed to work fine. The problem I have is when I open the Play Store, none of the images show up. I see a list of available programs and can even install them, but the thumbnails of each app, the header image when I choose an app, etc all don't load at all.

Has anyone run into this problem before and do you know how to fix it? I do have the latest OS from Amazon since I just set it up so not sure if there's a compatibility problem or what.

Thanks.

Same issue, probably some google/amazon app confiction

dbelya01

May 22, 2016
Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]

Was able to install google playstore and services on Kindle Fire HD
When first starting up the Play Store asked for a google account and appeared to have gone through fine (the two step verification worked)
but then the Play Store simply displays the error :
"Error Retrieving information from server. [RH-01]"​
Any ideas what may be happening?

Tried clearing data for all of the four google apps and restarting the device.
Also tried uninistalling the four apps and re-installing again.
Didn't help.

IDSG

Feb 24, 2013
Installed playstore successfully with the script, but i have a problem, when i try to turn off the tablet the ok button dont do anything, did a factory restore and it works, install the script again and the problem returns

aslomagic

Nov 10, 2012
Los Angeles
Couldn't sign in to google

Hi Guys, I just got a new Fire (5th gen) with 5.1.1 on it. I tried to install google play from various sources using various methods to no avail. I tried the instructions in this thread, I tried the "SuperTool", and I tried to manually downloads APKs from apkmirror, and I always get the same outcome: as soon as I try to log in, google shows me the dreaded "There was a problem communicating with Google servers" error message. At the same time, I'm receiving thousands of emails from google informing me that someone logged in from a new android device, so clearly it is communicating with google, and the username/password is correct.

I tried searching online for solution, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, rebooted even more times ... I really have no clue at this point. Anybody has any idea?

zullinux

Feb 25, 2011
Hi Guys, I just got a new Fire (5th gen) with 5.1.1 on it. I tried to install google play from various sources using various methods to no avail. I tried the instructions in this thread, I tried the "SuperTool", and I tried to manually downloads APKs from apkmirror, and I always get the same outcome: as soon as I try to log in, google shows me the dreaded "There was a problem communicating with Google servers" error message. At the same time, I'm receiving thousands of emails from google informing me that someone logged in from a new android device, so clearly it is communicating with google, and the username/password is correct.

I tried searching online for solution, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, rebooted even more times ... I really have no clue at this point. Anybody has any idea?

same problem for me ...

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Even worse, didn't root quickly enough, now it updated to 5.1.4 overnight even though I left it in airplane mode. Great. I might just return this one, get another, root it quickly, then figure it out ...
Before returning you might try sideloading 5.1.2 which is the latest version that can be rooted. Two potential benefits:
- you get a rootable version of FireOS
- community learns if 5.1.4>5.1.2 rollback is possible
And a liability:
- device may brick
If the latter occurs you can still return it but the community will benefit from your experience.

Reactions: sd_shadow

popoyaya

Oct 23, 2010
London

This worked for me...

"turn on 2-step authentication. after doing that i happily came across the error “couldn’t sign in: to access your account you must sign in on the web. touch next to start browser sign in.” which i knew would work. case solved for my issue. hope this helps others."

olympicchicken

Nov 28, 2007
Thank you, the solution is perfectly working!
This worked for me...

"turn on 2-step authentication. after doing that i happily came across the error “couldn’t sign in: to access your account you must sign in on the web. touch next to start browser sign in.” which i knew would work. case solved for my issue. hope this helps others."

Top Liked Posts