FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HOW TO: How I SIM unlocked my N7105, Includes downgrading to 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 insts

466 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By BorgCymru, Senior Member on 16th January 2014, 12:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2016, 04:17 AM |#21  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,517

More
I have unlocked the North American version of s2, s3, s4, and note2 using a free method and all phones remained unlocked after flashing newer version of stock ROMs to all phones.

24th July 2016, 06:53 PM |#22  
Flag Toronto,, ON
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works 100 on SGH-i317m (Samsung Note II) i0lte (Rogers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgCymru

How to SIM unlock and/or roll back firmware on Samsung Note 2 N7105.

Absolutely works 100% on the Rogers Network - Samsung Note 2 SGH-i317m.

After reading/learning a lot on XDA Develop and gathering all the tools (Kies, ODIN, various ROM/Drivers/Modem files,....), after I did a full backup of my phone/apps/data I then flashed the Baseband (Modem/Radio) to version I317MVLALJ2 using ODIN (I believe this to be the version included w/ Android v4.1.1. After that I just followed instructions for special menu options and it worked. I tried with a Wind Mobile SIM. I did this without ROOT'ing the phone. Once SIM was unlocked I then installed TWRP, and used SuperSU to root. Now my phone is SIM unlocked and rooted.

Many thanks, for this post and the many other on XDA that helped a novice like me learn a few interesting things about mobile devices, gave me full-control of my device and saved me a few $ along the way.
14th August 2016, 06:40 AM |#23  

More
this maybe is too late to answer but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrele

It doesn't seem to work on SG Note 2 N7100.
Tried all the 4.1.1 fw from sammobile for all carriers here in PH (Globe, Smart, Sun and Open Line)
The menu code doest lead me to the Perso SHA256.
After the Network Lock menu it says Command don't exist or something like that.
Help me what to do please.

I think if you use Odin and flash the full stock firmware from a compatible USA LTE model you can then SIM unlock your device. You basically trick your phone into thinking that its a USA phone and it should allow you to perform the necessary mods to sim unlock from that point.

You can download the full 4.1.1 firmware for model i317 ATT from... ...i just found out i cant post links... what a bother...

You'll have to Google it. Use this as your specific search term "I317UCALJ2 4.1.1"

You can find the Odin flash program for the i317 device by Googling "Odin3_v3093"

Make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed on your PC you can find the ones you need here in the forums.

Download the drivers first, then install the drivers. Make sure your device is unattached when you install. Then reboot your PC.
Then download Odin, unzip and install it.
Then download 4.1.1 and unzip once.
Navigate to the Odin program, open Odin as administrator.
Put the firmware into the PDA slot by clicking the PDA button and navigating to the unzipped file.
Put your device (that is not attached to the PC) in download mode by powering on and during boot holding Vol-Down, PWR, and HOME buttons
Now attach your device to the PC.
If you rebooted your PC your device should be recognized by Odin
Confirm that Odin recognizes your device by showing a colored COM slot and it will say Attached! in the output window.
Make sure the only check marks are in the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes.
Click start and when your device reboots you will have a AT&T i317 running 4.1.1 !

This is possible only because almost all variants of the Note 2 possess the same hardware.

After you are on 4.1.1 follow the instructions in the OP. BUT make sure you install a custom recovery after rooting with CF-Auto. To preserve root don't use Kies to upgrade. You will want to install a custom recovery using Odin. Then use your custom recovery to load a 4.4.* ROM for the N7100 or N7105 to your device. I personally prefer the ROM put out by Omega, you can find it here on xda along with instructions on how to fix your WiFi after you upgrade directly from 4.1.1. MAKE SURE you pay close attention to the instructions on every download page, the steps must follow the guidelines in this post. ALSO be sure if you use Omega that you download the modem for your device and also the WiFi fix .tar they recommend beforehand so if necessary you can flash it through Odin and get your WiFi capabilities back after upgrade to 4.4.2

I think that's it. These are the steps I personally followed to transform my i317 AT&T Note 2 into an unlocked N7105 International Note 2 LTE.
14th August 2016, 06:58 PM |#24  

More
No one knows why my note 2 can not be 4G LTE? Please....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.1, 4.1.2, downgrade, sim unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)