[Q] LG G2 bootloop, No recovery mode, only download mode

1,081 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

By SPBoss, Senior Member on 23rd February 2014, 06:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2016, 10:19 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried and tried and tried the volume down and power button suggestion that everyone keeps saying, but other than the LG logo popping up, then the screen goes black and the phone stays shut off. I then tried the volume UP button with the power button and was then given the option to erase all data after selecting yes twice. Super simple and it worked!

26th April 2016, 09:19 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help
[[SOLVED]]
Hey Guys,

I have a LG G2 (D805) with CloudyG2 3.3.
Today the phone just turned off and is stucked at the LG Logo screen.
I try to get into Recovery mode(TWRP), but it is not working.
I turn off the phone, press Volume Down + Power button, when the LG logo shows up I release both buttons and press them again, then the LG logo flickers and the phone turns off.

I can get to Download mode by turning the phone off, pressing Volume UP button and connecting it to the computer via USB.

What can I do?

I have some files on the phone that I need.

Flashing a KDZ will overwrite the sdcard partition?

What are my options?

[[SOLUTION]]
So finally I got it done.
I have soft bricked many phones and recovered all with success, but all the time I have that feeling that this time the case is impossible, so first of all calm down, take a break and have in mind that you will solve your problem, just don't expect to do it over night, maybe it will take days of research.

Here is what I did:
1-SRKTool Version 2.1 - 20150507
Option 4.Fixed Utility
Option 3.Nuke Download Mode
This will allow your phone to go to FastBoot Mode.

Option 4.Fixed Utility (Again)
Option 4.Fixed Recovery Mode
Here is the trick, for many times I tried the item 5.D805 which is my phone version, but ended up with an error, so I finally tried the item 3.D802 and it worked, it reinstalled TWRP \o/.

2-Booted in recovery mode.
3-Transfered all my files(I was very concerned about my files) from sdcard partition to my PC via adb.
4-Transfered CloudyG2 3.3 (Which was the ROM installed before this tragedy) from my PC to sdcard via adb.
5-Flashed the ROM(Wiping caches, data.... all that stuff you gotta do to flash a ROM).
6-\o/ RELIEF!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nortcele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nortcele Ad-Free
30th May 2016, 06:18 AM |#43  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneel1491

Thanks man, but the solution was actually very simple... When I booted to the 2 button recovery there was no settings, but pressing the power button 3 times in a row quickly before it rebooted itself got me back into recovery... I'm so stupid!!

I have the same problem, exactly when do I have to press power button 3 times?
Thanks in advance

Edited

I Did it. Phone needs to completely power off. Actual Key Combination for CM13 is Vol Down + Power Button, then wait for LG Logo, Release both button. then immediately press Vol Up + Vol Down until Recovery menu appears. Wipe Data/cache/Dalvik. Install rom agian.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stupidomonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stupidomonkey Ad-Free
30th May 2016, 03:45 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 207

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidomonkey

I have the same problem, exactly when do I have to press power button 3 times?
Thanks in advance

Edited

I Did it. Phone needs to completely power off. Actual Key Combination for CM13 is Vol Down + Power Button, then wait for LG Logo, Release both button. then immediately press Vol Up + Vol Down until Recovery menu appears. Wipe Data/cache/Dalvik. Install rom agian.

Yea, This is with the new bootloaders. I hate this method though, takes me like 5 tries to successfully get it right..😂
The Following User Says Thank You to shaneel1491 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaneel1491 Ad-Free
20th July 2016, 11:01 AM |#45  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Same problem i'm facing no recovery mode and in download mode i am trying to flash stock rom but its stuck in 0% and Giving me error that your phone is disconnected and other errors is there other way to solve this problem ?
other way to enable ADB MODE also my fastboot mode its not working.
20th November 2016, 02:15 PM |#46  

More
@nortcele

Dude.. I'd like to thank you, both for the useful information (SRK tool saved me) and for the encouragement.
3rd January 2017, 02:58 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I cant mount sistem from recovery,how to put rom in to phone,mount not see my phone?
7th February 2017, 10:16 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabo

I cant mount sistem from recovery,how to put rom in to phone,mount not see my phone?

try using a otg flash for flashing rom in twrp with usb storage
8th February 2017, 10:31 AM |#49  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel377

try using a otg flash for flashing rom in twrp with usb storage

Hey what's yp
27th February 2017, 05:23 PM |#50  

More
how to fix my galaxy duos? i try to press power, volume up and home button but, it returns to logo and Continuously booting.
reason of bootloop: i try to flash the twrp. then i power off. when i try to open recovery system and this will happen. pls help.
28th March 2017, 12:25 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
LG g2 - D802

While using the Alligator Toolkit 3.1 attempting to get TWRP / a custom bootloader installed, the phone kept booting to the security error and the phone couldn't boot. Although I didn't mess with the Original LP rom I could not boot into it. I thought the phone was dead and was looking through all the complicated methods to restore the phone. However I realised through another clip that my download mode was still accessible by holding volume up while plugging into the usb cable to the desktop. Using the lg support tool found through ...

https://www.mylgphones.com/unbrick-y...e-support-tool

In download mode this app was able to download 1.69 GB and then restored to the device which is once more booting properly. Better boot into Lollipop than a black screen! @least for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, bootloop, lg g2, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)