FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Win32 Tool]GUI Root with Check and Recovery!

476 posts
Thanks Meter: 326

By amoamare, Senior Member on 2nd March 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th December 2011, 10:26 PM |#221  
Flag Johnstown, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

More
An update would be nice... LAST NIGHT! LOL

I used it to root my wife's phone last night, after going through the downgrade, etc...

I kept having troubles getting the program to run ADB. I finally got it to work after flashing the hboot manually. I had to mount the sdcard and check the md5 on my pc though, because the md5sum would not run. Ugh...

Thanks again for putting this out for us to use!

22nd December 2011, 03:42 PM |#222  
Flag Tinley Park IL
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
An update would be great, I ran my RUU and was going to use this to reroot. Seems that some information needed in the first post is not there. What files are needed, android sdk, java development, htc sync? Im trying to figure it out on my own now.
28th December 2011, 10:14 PM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this method still work, I recently had a crack in my phone and had to send it in to get it fixed. During all of this, I suppose the assholes either factory reset it or they gave me a new one entirely because I am back to running stock. I'd like to use this method if necessary, hopefully OP will read. Thanks.
28th December 2011, 11:00 PM |#224  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrug

Does this method still work, I recently had a crack in my phone and had to send it in to get it fixed. During all of this, I suppose the assholes either factory reset it or they gave me a new one entirely because I am back to running stock. I'd like to use this method if necessary, hopefully OP will read. Thanks.

It still works, if you are on froyo 2.2
If you're on gingerbread 2.3, then you'll have to downgrade your hboot to 2.2 then root through this method. Im on mobile or else I'd get you a link, but I think you can find the downgrade method in general forums.

Shifted from my EVO
15th January 2012, 05:12 AM |#225  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,399

More
Just used this the other day to reroot a couple of phones. Worked like a charm.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prboy1969 Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 06:51 PM |#226  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoamare

THIS IS FOR XDA MEMBERS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN OTHER FORUMS AND PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THE PROGRAM.

I don't understand why you would post this request while mirroring this post in other forums yourself.
11th February 2016, 10:12 PM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone have a link to a working download of this? (Shiftrr)
6th June 2016, 08:09 PM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does anyone have a copy of this that they'll share privately...please ??
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)