[ROM] 6.0 Android MarshMallow Pure AOSP for Google Nexus 7 2012 WIFI+3G

Search This thread

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
hmmm.... have flashed this 5 or 6 times and cannot seem to get gapps working though each time i've installed the gapps install tells me success. originally tried banks gapps but then tried several open gapps but each time i have no google apps (using arm 32bit marshmallow). the rom itself installs just fine as does supersu. also wiped d & cache after each install.

HAPPYFATHER

Mar 11, 2010
i had do full wipe and flash the rom, but what it does is really pure that no google play services (i had installed gapss in twrp). now the recovery was lost and i dont know how to do. please help

haribos

May 10, 2011
i had do full wipe and flash the rom, but what it does is really pure that no google play services (i had installed gapss in twrp). now the recovery was lost and i dont know how to do. please help

You need to install nexus root tool on your computer and to flash recovery again. Keep in mind that this ROM requires F2FS type of partitions, so covert partitions using TRWP to that type before flashing ROM.

Zanzy90

Feb 20, 2016
i installed the room successfully but after few reboot looks like my nexus is dead.Pc can't even recognize it and won't charge....advises?
edit
i had to push the power on button for a 15/20 seconds to turn it on ...don't know why

Last edited:

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
You need to install nexus root tool on your computer and to flash recovery again. Keep in mind that this ROM requires F2FS type of partitions, so covert partitions using TRWP to that type before flashing ROM.

Perhaps this is why I couldn't get any gapps to work? I didn't see any mention of converting to F2FS before installing the rom in the OP though. I might try again next week when I have time.

kanchudeep

Aug 27, 2015
Anyone able to get device encryption working with this ROM?

In my case after first restart to carry out encryption, gets stuck in the Marshmallow animation... Waited 20minutes.

I'm running MOB30J (20160505).

Perhaps this is why I couldn't get any gapps to work? I didn't see any mention of converting to F2FS before installing the rom in the OP though. I might try again next week when I have time.

@vocoderism Is it only recommended to format asF2FS before flashing or must I do that? Sadly I can't find an up to date Kitkat-ROM, so I will give this ROM a try in the next days.

NIK3SH

Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone succeeded running GAPPS?
At my end everything gets installed properly without any error but on boot it just shows ROM only...
Tried Unicorn as well opengapps but same issue... ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Henley7

Apr 16, 2013
Quick setting and recent button is not working after flashing r46 build

Hi, I downloaded the latest build and flashed. The tablet booted up normally, but recent button is not working. Besides, after I drag from the top, I cannot drag again to open quick setting. Am I the only now who face this? Or is there anything I did wrong while flashing?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Hi, I downloaded the latest build and flashed. The tablet booted up normally, but recent button is not working. Besides, after I drag from the top, I cannot drag again to open quick setting. Am I the only now who face this? Or is there anything I did wrong while flashing?

After changing the file system to be f2fs and factory reset, the recent button and quick setting is working correctly.

Reactions: vocoderism

vocoderism

Sep 5, 2012
Milan
Wipe all including system then go to mount untap flag on system then flash ROM gapps supersu and reboot system

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5x utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: NIK3SH

NIK3SH

Apr 12, 2012
Wipe all including system then go to mount untap flag on system then flash ROM gapps supersu and reboot system

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5x utilizzando Tapatalk
Thank You for your prompt response... ?

Earlier also I wiped everything except Internal Storage but had faced same issue...

As you suggested,
I'll proceed with below steps,
1. Wipe Everything except Internal Storage
2. Mount System Partition
3. Flash ROM + GAPPS
4. Reboot System and Check...

Please correct me if I've mistaken anywhere.

alexloz

Feb 27, 2008
wifi tethering

Is this ROM supports USB OTG and Internet tethering, as i install it on Nexus 3G?

Hi, i found this solution for tether. http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/enable-free-wifi-tethering-android-marshmallow-0167832/

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

is it possible to activate tethering?
the adb command "settings put global tether_dun_required 0" was not successfull

Hi, i found this solution for tether. http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/enable-free-wifi-tethering-android-marshmallow-0167832/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] 6.0.1_r46 Android MarshMallow Pure AOSP for Google Nexus 7 2012 WIFI+3G CodeName Tilapia

android_6_marshmallow_logo.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY to TWRP 2.8.7.0
    2. FACTORY RESET (needed if you have LP or other custom LPor MM Roms)
    3. Download ROM Build 06/07
    4. Gapps 6.0
    5. Root (Optional) Direct Download
    6. Optionally,to speed up device,consider to flash ParrotMod
    7. Reboot and enjoy... :cool::cool:

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google,Dmitry Grinberg for great initial support on build

Known Bugs
    During Google Account registration if you choose Restore device phone return to same screen.After that choose Configure as new device and restore start normally!!!
    Stock rom browser generate random soft reboot if you enable Location sharing with device only mode in Location options!!!

Changelog
    Beta Release 0.1 Build 10/15
    Initial support for N7 2012 WIFI on AOSP MarshMallow
    Kernel compiled with Christopher83 4.9 arm toolchain based on google asus 3.1.10 lollipop-mr1 and kernel patch of Dmitry Grinberg
    Enable sparsemem option on kernel to optimize memory managemnt and free up memory quickly
    Add some options to speed up first boot and dex2oat compilation
    Hack ril vendor files to try to activate 3g on MM code

Beta Release 0.2 Build 10/16
    Possible fix to rild daemon permission to try to acticate SIM (test needed!!)

Beta Release 0.3 Build 10/19
    fix 3g Data Connection broken
    fix to libstlport bootloop stuck

Beta Release 0.4 Build 10/30
    Kernel 3.1.x compiled with last 4.9 toolchain reworked to avoid random freezes after deep sleep
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.0_r1
    New BootAnimation based on Nexus factory Images MM
    Possible fix to autorotate sound and GPS bug and random sensor problems (test needed!!)

Beta Release 0.5 Build 10/31
    fix NFClost on Settings-->Other
    fix bootloop

Beta Release 0.6 Build 01/12
    Kernel 3.1.x compiled with last 4.9 toolchain now support f2fs
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r10

Beta Release 0.7 Build 02/15
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r16

Beta Release 0.7 Build 03/08
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r17
    Update to security bulletin 1st March 2016

[/I][/B]Beta Release 0.8 Build 04/15
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r24
    Update to security bulletin 1st April 2016
    Added reboot shortcut to developer options

/I][/B]Beta Release 0.9 Build 05/07
    Kernel 3.1.x compiled with last 4.9.2 toolchain now support f2fs
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r43
    Update to security bulletin 1st May 2016
    Added patch to prevent Gapps Error on first boot.Thanks to Rock-86

/I][/B]Beta Release 1.0 Build 06/07
    Kernel 3.1.x compiled with last 4.9.2 toolchain now support f2fs
    Compiled with latest commits of AOSP sources 6.0.1_r46
    Update to security bulletin 1st Jun 2016

Sources
    Google
    Kernel tree
    @vocoderism: no more updates taking into account the latest security fixes?
    I am n holidays i think in september i rebuild for nougat

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
    [ROM] 6.0.1_r46 Android MarshMallow Pure AOSP for Google Nexus 7 2012 WIFI+3G CodeNam

new build is up
    This ROM together with ParrotMod makes for the smoothest N7 (2012) I've had in a loooong time.
    Thanks, Dev!!
    New build up follow link on first page

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk