Which platform is best for developing android apps, android studio or eclipse??

Search This thread
Sep 21, 2013
I've no problem with android studio except the fact that it is damn slow. I'm sure that it will improve in the future.

Eclipse is a very familiar tool. It feels like home when I use eclipse and a lot faster.

basechat

Apr 16, 2015
Androi Studio for sure

My personal favorite is android studio. Its much better then eclipse and it surely improves productivity in certain tasks.

vrock25

Apr 27, 2015
Pondicherry
Android Studio.. IDEA based software is best ever.. You guys must learn its featured and then you would say wow. From multiple selection to Floating Navigation Bar to Any File Go to lot and lot of features..... Extremely customisable... I don't know how many have used legendary code editor sublime text.
Buy this android studio.... Completely Brings all features of Sublime Text into an IDE. Learn the features of this ide... And u will hate all other ide altogether:D:D:D:D:D

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: damponting44

luq_

Apr 16, 2014
Eclipse is faster, but Android Studio has more features and is built for Android specifically (while Eclipse is built for Java generally). If your computer can run it smoothly, go with Studio.

Dina Destreza

Jun 12, 2015
I personally believe one should always use the one which is best and up-to-date. Saying that, Android Studio fits in best as this is the latest development platform with loaded features and easy to use.

The only factor that it takes time and effort for the developers to learn new things. For, developers who starts fresh doesn't make much difference to them as they need to learn either one of the platform and they can start with Android Studio. If one learns Eclipse first, they eventually need to learn Android Studio and upgrade themselves at some point.

Moreover, there are additional features on any new releases than the older version. Similarly, we see some of the well known features that are available on Android Studio and not present in Eclipse, mentioned here:

1. Maven-based build dependencies
2. Build variants and multiple-APK generation (great for Android Wear).
3. Advanced Android code completion and refactoring.

Finally, new and advanced features in these new released platforms helps developers to produce apps faster.

Happy Coding
Cheers!

xydromax

Jun 29, 2015
For low performance laptop Android Studio wouldnt be as efficient, on the other hand it have a lot of advantage rather than eclips.

10apples

Jun 30, 2015
I'm looking to create an app for android (which I can eventually add to the play store), that contains buttons of a sort in the fact that if you tap on the screen in once place one thing will happen and in another place, something else. Can anyone recommend which I should use to create this app? Also, do they both use need java? (android studios or eclipse)
Thanks!

Reactions: Suwit Showwiwattana

blackangus

Jul 6, 2015
aaronjwood.com
I've found the newer versions of Android Studio to be much more efficient as well as having less issues than they used to. I highly recommend using Android Studio, especially since Google is ending support for Eclipse by the end of the year.

Reactions: Suwit Showwiwattana

MageSpider

Aug 3, 2016
Ahmedabad
Hi,
Android Studio is great.The framework is sleek and it is perfect platform to develop your apps.

If you are new to android programming i would suggest you can take courses from Udacity (Android Basics Nanodegree program by Google)Here you will be taught by the Google developers themselves and it's really cool and interactive.

damponting44

Sep 30, 2016
Android Studio.. Thought based programming is best ever.. You all must take in its included and after that you would say stunning. From different choice to Floating Navigation Bar to Any File Go to parcel and part of features..... To a great degree customisable... I don't know what number of have utilized incredible code editorial manager radiant content.

Purchase this android studio.... Totally Brings all components of Sublime Text into an IDE. Take in the elements of this ide... What's more, u will despise all other ide by and large

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am working on eclipse from 6 months but recently I downloaded android studio and i found it good too. So i am confused which platform should i keep using?
    thanks.
    Eclipse is d best i feel..developing on it since ice cream sandwich

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app
    Android Studio.. IDEA based software is best ever.. You guys must learn its featured and then you would say wow. From multiple selection to Floating Navigation Bar to Any File Go to lot and lot of features..... Extremely customisable... I don't know how many have used legendary code editor sublime text.
    Buy this android studio.... Completely Brings all features of Sublime Text into an IDE. Learn the features of this ide... And u will hate all other ide altogether:D:D:D:D:D

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app
    Also google positions Android Studio as the official development environment.
    Eclipse is faster, but Android Studio has more features and is built for Android specifically (while Eclipse is built for Java generally). If your computer can run it smoothly, go with Studio.