FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WM Kitchen] OsKitchen Zero v1.33.5: The Easiest & Most Complete Kitchen (20/10/2010)

1,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By airxtreme, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2016, 05:33 PM |#3611  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich-C

I am making a WinMo Rom for a WinMo device (Toshiba portege G910), so why do you advice me the HTC aria ? (it's an android smartphone!)

So... when OS-Kitchen starts, it asks to me to inport an Official-Update-File, I don't have it... but I have the stock rom of the HTC Touch pro 2 (very similar) .
Will it work or could I brick my device?

(the resolution is the same, CPU and ram are similar, both have qwerty keyboard but different layouts...)

The aria/photon comparison was intended to be an example of interchangeable packages because of similar hardware.

You can try to contact toshiba's support to send you the rom file...

Uploading a false rom to your phone will either not work in the first place or may brick your phone.

3rd June 2016, 12:34 AM |#3612  

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin7529

one thousand thanks to you,
it's working perfectly now, i'll keep this preciously
i'll be able to try cooking my ROM again, you made me happy
many thanks again

maybe you can use this too, as the kitchen sometimes need this files.
unpack them to your /Resources/Tools folder.

ImgfsToNb.exe
implantxip.exe
Attached Files
File Type: zip ImgfsToNb ImplantXIP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (208.3 KB, 10 views)
3rd June 2016, 05:57 PM |#3613  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheque

maybe you can use this too, as the kitchen sometimes need this files.
unpack them to your /Resources/Tools folder.

ImgfsToNb.exe
implantxip.exe

thank you, i saved them in the tool folder and i keep the archive preciously.

many thanks for sending them to me
7th June 2016, 02:23 AM |#3614  
Flag Last Of Us (Pittsburgh)
Thanks Meter: 306

Donate to Me
More
Gonna try
7th June 2016, 01:27 PM |#3615  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,
does enyone have the "Visual Studio 2003 (7.1) Runtime Libraries"? The Link in the first post is broken and Google has no answer to download this libaries. The search funktion on xda returns only this and an other thread, which also links to the broken mediafirelink.

Thank you in advance for your response!
Alex
7th June 2016, 02:36 PM |#3616  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 620

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex023

Hi,
does enyone have the "Visual Studio 2003 (7.1) Runtime Libraries"? The Link in the first post is broken and Google has no answer to download this libaries. The search funktion on xda returns only this and an other thread, which also links to the broken mediafirelink.

Alex

In this post, you should find what you are looking for.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3607
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperSport Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 10:20 AM |#3617  

More
Thanks a lot SuperSport!
Sorry, I could have come up with the idea to read the previous page.
I would like to fix the SHA-2 problem with this guide. And it works with the stock rom for the HD2. It connects to the outlook-server again.
But normaly I use the cooked Energy rom from NRG.
Is it possible to fix the SHA-2 bug in a cooked rom (i.e. energy rom)? Because the energy(...).nbh couldn't import to osKitchen_Zero.

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex023 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex023 Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 12:11 PM |#3618  

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot SuperSport!
Sorry, I could have come up with the idea to read the previous page.

haha, that's what i thought when I saw it yesterday, as i posted this package 2 weeks ago.
Quote:

I would like to fix the SHA-2 problem with this guide. And it works with the stock rom for the HD2. It connects to the outlook-server again.
But normaly I use the cooked Energy rom from NRG.
Is it possible to fix the SHA-2 bug in a cooked rom (i.e. energy rom)? Because the energy(...).nbh couldn't import to osKitchen_Zero.

that is normal, only stock .nbh can be imported. You could ask the energy ROM chef to upload his complete kitchen, or at least share some of the rare packages, so you could re-theme your's accordingly if you wish.

Currently i am cooking a new ROM myself, so please tell me more about the need to fix support of sha-2!

I just took a quick, brief look into your cited link and this is what i would say: Why don't you just replace the crypt32.dll in your working ROM on the device? why is there the need to re-build the ROM? you could even create a .cab for that purpose and publish it for others on XDA-develpoers
8th June 2016, 03:15 PM |#3619  

More
I'm realy new to the cooking metier, so I don't have much idea about all of this.
Quote:

Currently i am cooking a new ROM myself, so please tell me more about the need to fix support of sha-2!

Since about january microsoft has changed their certification-system from outlook.com. So they only accept certifcates with sha-2 algorithm. In my understanding Win mobile 6.5 can't handle sha-2 certificates. But Windows Embedded Handheld (WEH) is still supported and updated by microsoft and can handle this.

Quote:

I just took a quick, brief look into your cited link and this is what i would say: Why don't you just replace the crypt32.dll in your working ROM on the device? why is there the need to re-build the ROM? you could even create a .cab for that purpose and publish it for others on XDA-develpoers

I had only followed the linked guide (original from the microsoft forum) and didn't think or research for other solutions.
Now I trie to get the compiled crypt32.dll but I can't.
On the phone: Total comander can't copy the dll (acces denied).
From OsKitchen: Import new package --> install on device: only installs the S000 ... S004 files.

Quote:

You could ask the energy ROM chef to upload his complete kitchen, or at least share some of the rare packages, so you could re-theme your's accordingly if you wish.

Does NRGZ28 still have the complete kitchen? And would he share this with a new unknown guy? I don't think so.

It seems to me you were very familiar with cooking and OsKitchen. Do you have any idea to replace the crypt32.dll in a running system? How can I create a cab-file from the windows build packages?

Alex
8th June 2016, 09:05 PM |#3620  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks Meter: 2,592

More
I have extrated cryp32.dll from my cooked rom 29315 AKU 6.5.3.12.37 (enable/fix SHA2) using ROM Extractor. Maybe files can be copied to windows folder with total comander.

Other option could be recmod the crypt32.dll & crypt32.dll.0409.mui folders with this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=576027

Not sure if it will work. Please report.

Use at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crypt32.zip - [Click for QR Code] (185.1 KB, 36 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poyensa Ad-Free
9th June 2016, 01:57 PM |#3621  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poyensa

I have extrated cryp32.dll from my cooked rom 29315 AKU 6.5.3.12.37 (enable/fix SHA2) using ROM Extractor. Maybe files can be copied to windows folder with total comander.

Hello, thanks for your Help.
The good News: total comander can copy/replace the files. But (Bad News) then the HD2 would not start. I tried your files and I extracted the crypt32.dll & crypt32.dll.0407.mui files from my modyfied stock-rom. Both the same result. Only hardreset or new flashing could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyensa

Other option could be recmod the crypt32.dll & crypt32.dll.0409.mui folders with this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=576027

I download this tool, but I don't know how to use, respectively what does it make. I installed it according to the instructions. But during the installation errors occurred. I run it with admin rights.
What is recmod for?

Do you, or anyone else have an idea?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)