How do I turn off the headphone symbol at the top of my screen?

Search This thread

TheKid1

Mar 29, 2011
I don't know why I have a pair of headphones at the top of my screen in the menu bar, but I don't k ow how to remove it. I can't hear people when they call and I can't hear people when I call them. Its almost like its showing like a headset is plugged into the phone but there is no headset plugged in. Where do I find the setting? I'm on Hellfire Rom by the way.

noahk423

Sep 4, 2011
I don't know why I have a pair of headphones at the top of my screen in the menu bar, but I don't k ow how to remove it. I can't hear people when they call and I can't hear people when I call them. Its almost like its showing like a headset is plugged into the phone but there is no headset plugged in. Where do I find the setting? I'm on Hellfire Rom by the way.

First thing, I'd say reboot your phone. If not, then put some headphones in, then pull them back out again. If that doesn't work, reflash the rom.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

TheKid1

Mar 29, 2011
First thing, I'd say reboot your phone. If not, then put some headphones in, then pull them back out again. If that doesn't work, reflash the rom.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

The only thing I did not try is the headphones because I don't have headphones. That being said, I think I may send my phone to LG to get fixed, so:

1) Do I need to relock my phone first and how?
2) Since I am rooted, how do I unroot and get the phone back to normal.

Again, right now I am Unlocked, Rooted, and running Hellfire Rom.

The only thing I did not try is the headphones because I don't have headphones. That being said, I think I may send my phone to LG to get fixed, so:

1) Do I need to relock my phone first and how?
2) Since I am rooted, how do I unroot and get the phone back to normal.

Again, right now I am Unlocked, Rooted, and running Hellfire Rom.

Have you tried using a can of compressed air and blowing out the headphone jack?

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite

willie wilson

Jun 9, 2016
I have a west max mx 110 phone the headphone symbol at the top of the screen and the headphone are not plug in and no one can hear my voice Will.E.Wilson