Nexus 9 and 10: Remix OS 2.0 ROMs now available

Search This thread

w1nst0n sm1th

Feb 3, 2016
I didn't tried to root it since i still have to flash it but remix is very conservative when it comes to root (from what i know from my experience with remix v1 in Teclast x98 Air 3g).

To root v1, i had to learn how to root from an unpacked system.img before flashing it because remix blocked the ability to access root shell from adb.

I expect something similar in v2 version, unless maybe you can flash a custom recory and flash that way...

perfect_

Aug 17, 2013
For Nexus 10;
How can i disable NFC without root?
How can i disable Notification Light without root?
How can i change Dpi without root?
How can i root this without pc?

- This rom sucking 9000mAh battery aprx. 2-2,5hrs. Battery percent downs with plugged in original charger. Its little bit fixed with Avast Battery Saver.

- Developer options and Accesibility resetting every restart. It doesnt stay as i left.

- Rom doesnt have Battery History.

- Rom doesnt have Battery Saver mode.

- Rom doesnt show us x mins until full battery.

- I disabled User Experince Program but this JideAnalytics service still works in the background.

- Wifi Sleep policy doesnt work properly. It doesnt turn off Wifi when sleep.

- Rom doesnt have Running Apps tab. We have to look every app one by one.

- Hp print service doesnt work. I cant print my documents.

- Rom doesnt support themes.

- Rom doesnt support Widgets.

- Sleep with Jide button has a so slow animation.

- We cant deactivate any App.

- I cant see Material design in every touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedi21

MpandAUS

Feb 17, 2015
Google Pixel 5a
These steps that worked for me on HTC Nexus 9 (WiFi) and hope this will help some people :)

---- Download OFFICIAL factory image LMY48T (bootloader-flounder-3.44.1.0123.img)
--- Put your device in bootloader mode (fastboot usb)
--- extract the (images-aosp_flounder-2.0-5.1.1-B2016040801-signed.zip) folder in your platform tools folder or wherever your adb folder is

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flounder-3.44.1.0123.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

and enjoy RemixOS, awesome ROM developers <3

Last edited:

Frodo1910

Feb 6, 2011
These steps that worked for me on HTC Nexus 9 (WiFi) and hope this will help some people :)

---- Download OFFICIAL factory image LMY48T (bootloader-flounder-3.44.1.0123.img)
--- Put your device in bootloader mode (fastboot usb)
--- extract the (images-aosp_flounder-2.0-5.1.1-B2016040801-signed.zip) folder in your platform tools folder or wherever your adb folder is

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flounder-3.44.1.0123.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

and enjoy RemixOS, awesome ROM developers <3

There are not a lot of comments about the ROM in the intertnet, what about battery life ? ( Video loop). Any major bug that you've noticed so far? Thx in advance

Reactions: MpandAUS

MpandAUS

Feb 17, 2015
Google Pixel 5a
There are not a lot of comments about the ROM in the intertnet, what about battery life ? ( Video loop). Any major bug that you've noticed so far? Thx in advance
No major bugs and battery life is good, videos playing well on browser / video players as well game emulators but I'm running elementalx kernel on remix os n was impressed to see it was working perfectly after flashing it without any bootloops. There's no themes, task manager or launchers on this ROM, I flashed this ROM first without root and Gapps. Did the first boot into remix OS. I later flashed cf auto root via fastboot. In settings section where about phone is, if you press build number 10 times as well the about ROM / kernel version, it gives you additional experimental settings.

Last edited:

MpandAUS

Feb 17, 2015
Google Pixel 5a
Here's the preview of settings, just discovered that system updates for the ROM won't work if you root the device. 1465487418041.jpg1465487432121.jpg1465487439782.jpg1465487446821.jpg

Sent from my AOSP on Flounder using XDA-Developers mobile app

Attachments

• 1465487389175.jpg
    1465487389175.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 214

Frodo1910

Feb 6, 2011
Here's the preview of settings, just discovered that system updates for the ROM won't work if you root the device. View attachment 3777598View attachment 3777599View attachment 3777600View attachment 3777601

Would you say It is smooth enought to have it as a daily driver? (compared to the default ROM? , and please might You specify the total amount of hours of screen you get (if you could put a video in loop and say how much the battery lasted that would be amazing!) . Also, did you noticed any overheat during the multitask?
And the updates..if you don't root it do you get updates frequently? becuz this forum seems so fukcing dead.

I know they are many questions, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you!

Last edited:

NexusLif3

Jun 21, 2016
Just installled on my N10. The OS lacks any documentation. Is there even a menu key or whatever you might call it? It is still used by many apps.

Pagozzi

Nov 20, 2013
As another user said, if this os doesn't require rooting for work properly, this implies that the stuff for modding (for example) led notification, navbar, xposed framework and others things, are not supported by the os itself(and it has a sort of sense since it is born for productivity and not for funny modding stuff)....but in case of rooting, then I won't be able to receive future ota update, right? And if this is the case how do you suggest to do if I'd root and would to stay update with the os? (Manual flashing of the new zip of the updated os I suppose)
And the gapps? They're not included so I have to manually flash them, isn't it?
I'm a noob so be patience��
P.s remix os 2.0 it's still based on android lollipop ?

Last edited:

Sypin

Aug 20, 2010
Geneva
I've just finished flashing remixOS and I'm absolutely loving it! Apps download and install just fine, I just can't save anything into storage (I tried downloading some wallpepers and documents) but everything is 0.00b; empty.
Anyone know what I can do?
Cheers

zxcvbad

Oct 14, 2010
Neverland
Jason, what about RemixOS GPU driver on Nexus 9? Is it an old v343 that came with N9 release (and never changed) or you managed to obtain recent Nvidia's one with gl es 3.2 and Vulkan support?

Reactions: chinimen and borxnx
We’ve just announced the release of Remix OS 2.0 ROMs for Nexus 9 and Nexus 10. The Nexus 9 and Nexus 10 ROMs are now available for download here:

Nexus 9 ROM
http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/nexus9
Nexus 10 ROM
http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/nexus10

We’ve been conscious of all the interest that Nexus 9 and 10 users have expressed in being able to experience Remix OS 2.0 on your tablets. We definitely heard your comments and are excited to finally have Remix OS 2.0 ready for you to experience.

Thanks!

Jason, what about RemixOS GPU driver on Nexus 9? Is it an old v343 that came with N9 release (and never changed) or you managed to obtain recent Nvidia's one with gl es 3.2 and Vulkan support?

I am also curious about this.

Reactions: chinimen

zxcvbad

Oct 14, 2010
Neverland
@zxcvbad @borxnx - Let me ask the PM tomorrow and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your patience!

Any updates? I thought you could also ask PM if it could be considered for the future builds (if not implemented yet) this could be one of the major reasons for the community to install RemixOS over Google's N as they're not going to push Vulkan and ES 3.2 drivers to Nexus 9.

RemixOS_Jason

Remix OS Rep
Jan 22, 2016
Beijing
Any updates? I thought you could also ask PM if it could be considered for the future builds (if not implemented yet) this could be one of the major reasons for the community to install RemixOS over Google's N as they're not going to push Vulkan and ES 3.2 drivers to Nexus 9.
@zxcvbad - I just got confirmation from our PM that the GPU driver on Nexus 9 is v343, the one that came with N9. I did share with him your suggestion and they will be looking into the feasibility of it moving forward.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We’ve just announced the release of Remix OS 2.0 ROMs for Nexus 9 and Nexus 10. The Nexus 9 and Nexus 10 ROMs are now available for download here:

Nexus 9 ROM
    http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/nexus9
    Nexus 10 ROM
    http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/nexus10

We’ve been conscious of all the interest that Nexus 9 and 10 users have expressed in being able to experience Remix OS 2.0 on your tablets. We definitely heard your comments and are excited to finally have Remix OS 2.0 ready for you to experience.

Thanks!
    I'm impressed with this OS. It makes sense on a bigger tablet like my Nexus 10. There are not very many issues I have come across. It makes me want to get a dedicated mouse and keyboard and use it as more of a laptop. I know Remix OS is still new and developing, but I can only think of a few things that I look forward to seeing.

1. Widgets. I did see a video that 2.0 had widget support. Am I missing it or is it just not in this build yet. https://youtu.be/ledz0FTlzKA
    2. Removing apps from the home screen.
    3. Persistent notifications. I've always used apps like battery widget reborn and weather apps and Calendar Status Pro that give me notifications that stay in the notification shade. They seem to go away once the app is closed on this OS. Maybe it would cause multitasking issues if it had to keep stuff like that in memory and that's why they don't exist but if it's possible, that would be nice.
    4. And on a not so important note, the lock screen could be more useful as far as notifications and all.

Also, questions about updates. I think I read somewhere that Remix OS is updated pretty often. Will the Nexus 9 and 10 get the same updates every other devices get? Will they be OTA and do we need the recovery that came with the download in order to use the OTA (I am using TWRP still)? And will being rooted effect the OTA (I rooted with SuperSU)?

Thanks for this awesome new OS. I love how different it is from normal Android but is still Android.
    Here's the preview of settings, just discovered that system updates for the ROM won't work if you root the device. 1465487418041.jpg1465487432121.jpg1465487439782.jpg1465487446821.jpg

I am also curious about this.
    @zxcvbad @borxnx - Let me ask the PM tomorrow and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your patience!