[ROM][P900][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow | 20160406

Search This thread

Godmol

Oct 5, 2008
You're very welcome, this may sound like a stupid question but is there a certain app that you use for the handwriting input method if you can explain to me how you normally use it and if there's an app I,d be quite willing to give it a try and let you know how it works out, I always use the voice typing for input so I don't know anything about the handwriting apps or software.

The own keyboard that comes by default the note 12.2, both KIT KAT as lollipop, has an option that recognizes handwriting to bring the S Pen to the screen in the area of writing, this is the functionality that I I mean in this ROM. The same is true also in other tablets Samsung, Note 8 and Note 10.1

for example, you can handwrite "hello" with the S Pen or press the "h", "e", "l", "l", "o" keys and the result is the same, I don't know if I explain correctly

Thank you

Don B

Mar 31, 2016
The own keyboard that comes by default the note 12.2, both KIT KAT as lollipop, has an option that recognizes handwriting to bring the S Pen to the screen in the area of writing, this is the functionality that I I mean in this ROM. The same is true also in other tablets Samsung, Note 8 and Note 10.1

for example, you can handwrite "hello" with the S Pen or press the "h", "e", "l", "l", "o" keys and the result is the same, I don't know if I explain correctly

Thank you

OK I see what you mean, as far as I can tell that functionality is not there ( a handwriting area as well as the keyboard displayed at the same time)
With the "Google handwriting input" app installed it seems that either the handwriting keyboard is up or a normal keyboard, a tap on the little world icon switches back and forth from one input method to the other but I don't see we're both can be displayed/used at the same time.
Sorry this is the best I can say for now, hopefully at some point maybe someone will chime in with some real world experience with the handwriting input methods.

Good luck:)

Reactions: Godmol

Godmol

Oct 5, 2008
OK I see what you mean, as far as I can tell that functionality is not there ( a handwriting area as well as the keyboard displayed at the same time)
With the "Google handwriting input" app installed it seems that either the handwriting keyboard is up or a normal keyboard, a tap on the little world icon switches back and forth from one input method to the other but I don't see we're both can be displayed/used at the same time.
Sorry this is the best I can say for now, hopefully at some point maybe someone will chime in with some real world experience with the handwriting input methods.

Good luck:)

thank you very much for the information, really do not work at the same time, if accessed with the S Pen to the field where you must include the text, the area for handwriting is activated and if approaching finger, type keyboard is activated qwerty to press the keys

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
apologies if you're already way ahead of me on this, but with regards to the "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" issue: I recently encountered this after installing an official final build of cm13 on a galaxy s4 mini, and as far as I understand it, it happens because setup wizard expects to be run the first time the device is booted.
as long as you flash gapps immediately after flashing the rom, before booting it for the first time, it should be fine.

it goes wrong when you flash the rom, boot the device up, go through cyanogenmod's own setup wizard, then install gapps after. it happens in marshmallow roms because of the way permissions management works in marshmallow. that's why it doesn't matter in lollipop or older, you can flash gapps at any time, because older versions of android have a different permissions system.

m-joy

Nov 1, 2012
Hello,

can i install this on CM12.1 without loosing my personal data? if so... how ?

Greetings

fsad

Jan 21, 2016
Couple things that might be useful:

I've found this to be a good replacement for the quick screenshot editing on the stock ROM: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flextrick.universalcropper&hl=en
I heard it's going to get IAPs soon (new features like blur), but the basic stuff works great and should remain free.

Also, I managed to get Hancom Office working by backing up Galaxy Apps and installing from there. I used Backup+ ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.k2.backup&hl=en ) on the App+Data setting. Only issue is updating Galaxy Apps; that seems to break the ability to update Hancom -- results in a crash -- so you may need to stay on the version of Galaxy Apps that you restore.

Thought I'd update about the eraser problem. I checked further in the thread I linked (for CM13 on Note 10.1) and the author seemed to fix the issue by merging the palm rejection fix. Anyone else using a stylus with eraser and experiencing this issue?

Just switched over from stock and things are looking pretty good. Nice work!

Noticed one problem when I tested LectureNotes: the separate eraser button on the 2-button stylus isn't being detected. When I enable the pointer in the CM input settings, it detects motion for the eraser end of the stylus, but it's not registering the eraser button being pressed. I looked around and it seems the issue is with the palm rejection. It was patched in an earlier CM, but the fix wasn't carried over to CM13.

Here's the relevant info:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64557213&postcount=110
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60983/

JCordero31

Apr 3, 2008
Bronx
Just replace the battery on the t900 or p900 issue is gone. It's the battery not the screen

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Any chance this getting ported to t900 @thompatry

Mr Creosote

Nov 25, 2013
Also, I managed to get Hancom Office working by backing up Galaxy Apps and installing from there. I used Backup+ ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.k2.backup&hl=en ) on the App+Data setting. Only issue is updating Galaxy Apps; that seems to break the ability to update Hancom -- results in a crash -- so you may need to stay on the version of Galaxy Apps that you restore.

if you've already overwritten your stock rom without backing up galaxy apps, you can also download it straight from samsung here:
http://apps.samsung.com/venus/mw/apk_en.as?COUNTRY_CODE=GBR

shonkin

Oct 15, 2012
I had to bail and go back to Cyanogen's Lollipop 5.1.1. At least Hancom isn't giving me fits there (I had it run for about a day on Marshmallow but then it started with the endless font downloading again). Also, not really in love with the way Marshmallow uses external microsd cards. Oh, and the camera's back with Lollipop. ;) But I'll keep checking here. Thanks, all.

Johnc5411

May 10, 2016
I spoke too soon.

Hi guys,
Sorry if I missed something but the flickering screen is Samsung's battery. I installed a new 3rd party battery (look on YouTube).
Problem solved. Thank-you for this ROM and in advance....the Camera fixers!!

Guys I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw my (unnecessary) post. After about 6 trouble free months with the new battery, the damn flickering is back as bad as ever:(

jeff862

Mar 5, 2007
Will yjis work on t900 ,,... t900 and p900 have the same hardwsre specifications... how to make cm 13 for p900 work on t900?using twrp for p900 then flash cm13 p900 on recovery mode on t900?do i havre to vhange prop from p900 to t900?

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Hey Everyone. Sorry i disappeared for about a month. It has been beyond hectic with moving, finishing school, and getting started at my new job. I did not forget about you or the development of this rom or any others. A little backstory, I got moved to my new place and got all set up. Well I needed to wait for the internet to be set up. Finally that was set up, my build server motherboard died so I have been trying to come up with something new. I finally have another dev helping me out with this (they would like to remain anonymous). So this week I will be getting into the nitty gritty of the work again. I am currently building a version that has all the latest CM update but I have not made any changes on the device since my last build. As soon as that is finished, I will post it. I am going to be working on the camera a lot this week and hopefully I can get that going. Last but not least, thank you for all the feedback. I can't test everything on my own so this feedback is valuable. So with all that, I hope you had a great weekend and a new build will be posted soon. :)

DaveUK

Feb 19, 2005
Hi Tom .....just installed nightly and tried Chromecast ... still have black screen but audio works. It was the same in the previous build but used to work in the one before that.

Had some problem with the merged storage but after manually unmounting and remounting it came back.

Have a strange popping sound through the speaker every now and then.

No other problems as yet.

If you need any help towards development costs I and I'm sure other members would greatfully contribute a few $€£.
A new nightly is up. No device modification. Just updates from CM source. Link

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

hansonc8

Jun 20, 2012
Bolton
@thompatry hope I didn't sound ungrateful! Just liver the ROM and was wondering if Dev was continuing. You've made me a happy man. Hope finishing school went OK and your properly settled after your move. Did you move far?

bsilverthorn

Apr 11, 2016
Screen rotation issue

Is it just my tab or does screen rotation not work quite right in cm13? My screen refuses to rotate under cm13. If I go back to 12 it seems OK. Its on under settings, all four options checked etc... If I use an app I can force to rotate, but just flipping from landscape and back it never rotates. Search ing forums but haven't found a "newbie" section address this. I did see where it says sometimes the services don't start. Not sure how to check this.

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Is it just my tab or does screen rotation not work quite right in cm13? My screen refuses to rotate under cm13. If I go back to 12 it seems OK. Its on under settings, all four options checked etc... If I use an app I can force to rotate, but just flipping from landscape and back it never rotates. Search ing forums but haven't found a "newbie" section address this. I did see where it says sometimes the services don't start. Not sure how to check this.

Do you have p900 or t900?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By request, I have made my own LineageOS 13.0 thread. I will work on this when I have time during the evenings and after work.

Thanks
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

@Valera1978 - Setting up the initial build and getting it to device work
    @deadman96385 - For continuous support on helping me make a better ROM
    @ZakooZ and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the Camera
    @deadman96385 and @javelinanddart - For helping me fix the IR blaster

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

Instructions
    1. Install custom recovery Link
    1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v1awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
    2. Download the zip(s) - ROM and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    3. Backup all partitions in TWRP - this will be your recovery point if things don't install correctly.
    4. Full wipe all
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Flash GApps

Note: Please make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader. Below are the steps to flash it.

Known Issues
    Lower than stock audio volumes
    MHL out to TV not working

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: 12/23/16
    Device Builds

GApps
    http://opengapps.org/
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 6.0

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    2. Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    3. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar.md5 file.
    4. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    5. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Sources
    In the readme file (see device tree) all instructions for build.
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Device: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_v1awifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Vendor: https://github.com/exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung
    New Build
    As promised here is the new build. The list of the changes are below. It captures 99% of the changes but I might have shorten some of it since there has been a lot that changed.

As always feedback please. I can't make a better ROM without your feedback!

Enjoy! Link

Changelog
    • Changed the lock screen so it no longer says slowly charging
    • Updated the camera to the MM blobs (Camera is a lot faster and the picture quality is better)
    • Cleaned up the camera configs
    • Fix OTG permissions
    • Enabled multi-window by default
    • Enabled Samsung Bluetooth
    • Cleaned up the Bluetooth configs
    • Enabled multi-threaded decode for the boot animation
    • Fixed WiFi Display and allow it to display DRM content
    • Enabled extended file system support at the kernel level (NTFS and EXFAT)
    • Tuned the CPU/GPU for the interactive kernel (A lot of performance gain here)
    • Updated the audio to the i9500 hal
    • Updated the media profiles and codec MM
    • Fixed the IR blaster (Moved the initialization back to the on parameter in the ramdisk)
    • A lot of GPU/CPU performance tweaks from the kernel level
    • Updated various blobs at the vendor level to the MM version (Sound Effect, Sswap, Mobicore, Mfc_bin, libstagefright, scranton_RD)
    • Modified the Wolfson DAC settings (The sound should be a little bit louder. This is still a work in progress.)
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update, I have posted a new build today with usual updates. Nothing really changed on the device or kernel side of things. OK Google is still broken and the default audio levels are still not set. We are getting close to having them finalized.

In other exciting news, I have released CM-14.1 for the P900 (v1awifi). Everything is super stable. I hope this is a good Christmas present! Here is the thread. Link

New CM-13.0 nightly posted. Link

As always, keep giving the great feedback.
    Hey Guys,

Long time no talk. Been busy with the holidays and works. I am working Nougat. So far it is looking good. I am working on getting it bug free before I release it. In other news, the next release will have some battery optimization in it. I have been testing it and it looks very promising. I will release that as soon as I can get something out that is ready for the public. Last item of business, the Exynos5420 Team has been working really hard developing a kernel auditor for the Exynos5420 devices. It going to awesome. It practically can control everything kernelwise. We are looking to release it sometime and December.

In other news, thank you all for the logs on the S Pen. I know the issue now. It is now the battle of trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last bit but not least, @DGT79 is helping me out on getting responses back to faster. I have been so busy trying to fix things and work on N I don't have a ton of time to respond on XDA. As always, if you have issue or questions, please feel free to ask but search the thread first to make sure it hasn't been asked. @DGT79 and I enjoy making this device the best it can.

Alright that is all I got for right now. Keep giving the feedback and I will keep fixing items.
    Hey Everyone. Sorry i disappeared for about a month. It has been beyond hectic with moving, finishing school, and getting started at my new job. I did not forget about you or the development of this rom or any others. A little backstory, I got moved to my new place and got all set up. Well I needed to wait for the internet to be set up. Finally that was set up, my build server motherboard died so I have been trying to come up with something new. I finally have another dev helping me out with this (they would like to remain anonymous). So this week I will be getting into the nitty gritty of the work again. I am currently building a version that has all the latest CM update but I have not made any changes on the device since my last build. As soon as that is finished, I will post it. I am going to be working on the camera a lot this week and hopefully I can get that going. Last but not least, thank you for all the feedback. I can't test everything on my own so this feedback is valuable. So with all that, I hope you had a great weekend and a new build will be posted soon. :)