Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2012, 09:43 AM |#51  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj chitwood

1) Turn off phone.
2) Press and hold Volume-Down button. Or Volume-Up. I forget which. Down I think.
3) While holding Volume button, hold Power button.
Phone will now enter bootloader. At the top of the screen will be some information, among the info is HBOOT and version number.

If the power button simply turns on the phone, rather quickly, regardless of which Volume button you hold down, you have fastboot enabled. To disable:
1) Settings, Power, Fast boot (uncheck it).

Cheers

It's volume down and power.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

29th December 2012, 06:43 PM |#52  
Boulder, CO
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This ia great! Thanks.

However, the above did not always work for me (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post36032065). I need to:
  1. Extract the "boot.img" file from the zip file on my PC
  2. Reboot the phone into Recovery
  3. Perform a nandroid backup
  4. Wipe data/factory reset
  5. Format system,data, and cache (my machine does not have dalvik. Also, I think data and cache were already done by the previous wipes)
  6. Boot the phone into fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
  7. Run fastboot flash boot boot.img
  8. Reboot the phone into Recovery
  9. Flash the zip file
  10. Reboot the phone.
31st December 2012, 05:45 PM |#53  
Flag Cowford, FL
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Isn't that how it's been recommended to flash it all this time? You have to do everything everyone else does for a flash, with the added step of fastboot flash boot boot.img at some point since we're S-ON.

Or did I miss something you were saying?

--
Sent from my Leader Impression i10 sportin' a newly flashed, more functional, Ice Cream Sammitch...
31st December 2012, 09:27 PM |#54  
Yeah pretty sure you need to flash rom first then kernel, if you do it the otherway it would get overwritten

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium
7th April 2013, 10:05 PM |#55  
Flag Ogden
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
OH thank GOD!!!
I thought my phone was screwed i am not S-OFF but i have an unlocked bootloader thank you for showing this method to the world!
31st January 2014, 09:31 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
its waiting for device continuesly....plz help me
31st January 2014, 07:42 PM |#57  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipusmart

its waiting for device continuesly....plz help me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th June 2016, 12:31 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limewirelord

This only really applies to those with S-ON Unlocked, HBOOT 1.45.0013. Once we figure out how to get S-OFF on all phones, this guide will become unneeded! In the meantime, this is here for those of us that are S-ON but want to play with ICS.

THIS TUTORIAL ALSO APPLIES TO ANY CUSTOM ROMS THAT REQUIRE A CUSTOM KERNEL.

If you're S-ON LOCKED, go HERE and UNLOCK your phone!

I'm assuming you have

• Fastboot set up as a PATH, or copied to the folder you are extracting boot.img to
  • HTC Drivers installed
  • Clockwork Recovery

1.) Grab your ROM of choice.
2.) Open up your ROM in 7zip or another file compression program.
3.) Extract the "boot.img" file that's inside to a folder.
4.) Open the command prompt and go to the folder you extracted the "boot.img" file too.

"cd" in the command prompt stands for "change directory", so you will need to type that before the path to where your boot.img file is located.

5.) Reboot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this, turn off your phone by holding down the "Volume down" and "Power" buttons until the fastboot screen arrives. There should be three Androids on skateboards on the bottom.
6.) Press the power button once on the "fastboot" option. Your phone should now connect to the computer and it should say "fastboot usb" on your phone.
7.) In the command prompt, type the following command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8.) Assuming you've done everything properly, this will overwrite the existing kernel on your phone with the kernel that comes with your ROM.
9.) Now, reboot your phone into Recovery. At this point, flash your ROM by flashing the zip file.
10.) Reboot and enjoy your new ROM!

Thanks to Blue6IX for telling me how to do this and to yogi2010 for making me realize I forgot to tell people to actually flash the ROM itself. Figured I'd make a guide for those that didn't know about it since it's probably hidden somewhere underneath pages and pages of comments on other ROMs.

Something really amazing! I was stucked at Mytouch 4G logo. I make this proces and my device boots again. THANKS TOO MUCH!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)