Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

Search This thread

fly4awhtgye

Apr 13, 2013
Florida Panhandle
Haha. Touche'

Two of my favorite few lines I still use to this day are, "It's all ball bearings these day." and when we are out to dinner, I ask to charge it to the Underhill Account. No one gets it, but I laugh on the inside.
"Can I use your towel? I just hit a water buffalo?"
Fletch...Classic. I DVR'd it last month.

Short delay in updates, Google App update 6 won't be included. Has Issues we need time to figure out, so we will upload what we have now.....

To explain what's changing....we are no longer going to do bulk updates...YAY you say? Yes sir YAY! That means once it passes testing it will be uploaded right away...like hangouts 10 has been done for weeks..my bad! Been a busy month but now all devs will be trained to update. Also send notifications of said update...you might see beta versions so they can get your reaction. Kinda mass testing and way more releases..might have a few fix it updates but better then waiting. You can always revert if too broken and report to us the issue. This will help us better and get you guys more involved on seeing why we take so long to release updates...it's a lot of work just testing so you can help us now! B_boytm was a fan of BOOM SHAKALAKA updates with huge releases...I was too but change is good!

So with a new updater coming and more frequent releases I'll have more time for training. TBO-Academy was on a long break but it's going full force soon then we will start class 2 for those who wanna learn how to maintain and update apps for us. The 6 we have now are leaning so much but we are leaning too, getting organized and creating a curriculum so next class shouldn't take as long.

My personal things: As you all might not know my son is a cancer survivor now 3 years but now my mother is facing cancer at 73 years old so I moved back to assume her house since its being too much for her...I'm busier then I thought I'd be after moving back to Chicago but with these changes I'll get more time back for the team.

Don't let what's going on in my life get you down, it is what it is and I'm already a pro at this cancer fighting stuff...old hat now so fear not Android is why I don't go postal..it's my way to escape the world and have peace in my mind...I thank you all for supporting us thru the years and I'll tell you this...until the dark is gone from the knight TBO will never die!

So let's celebrate a new chapter in TeamBlackOut with hopefully New apps and revival of old keeping what we have fresh and new for our awesome users!

Thank you!

DJ
TeamBlackOut

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Strange that it hasn't happened to me.. I turn off auto update on the store - I almost daily flash an update for the Rom that I'm running (Factory Reset etc Flash) Don't know if that's why... But Play Store is as Black as TBO's work is Golden ?

ef94bbd9e12396e3bc951f9ef01dace3.gif

Sent From My SM-N910W8 Running CMRemix 6.01

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Strange that it hasn't happened to me.. I turn off auto update on the store - I almost daily flash an update for the Rom that I'm running (Factory Reset etc Flash) Don't know if that's why... But Play Store is as Black as TBO's work is Golden ?

ef94bbd9e12396e3bc951f9ef01dace3.gif

Sent From My SM-N910W8 Running CMRemix 6.01

Turning off auto updates is for app not THE store app. I also have I turned off.
I have to go into manage applications and uninstall updates every time it does it.

NLBeev

Jul 4, 2007
Scheveningen
would it work, to sign Playstore with Zipsigner
I don't expect this will work.
Reading the TBO posts regularly gave me the impression that Google does a lot to make it difficult or impossible to kill the white ui.

When I am positive I think it's for security.
When I am negative I think G forces us to use that ugly light material.
But the work of TBO keeps me positive ?.

triathlete66

Jan 21, 2012
I don't expect this will work.
Reading the TBO posts regularly gave me the impression that Google does a lot to make it difficult or impossible to kill the white ui.

When I am positive I think it's for security.
When I am negative I think G forces us to use that ugly light material.
But the work of TBO keeps me positive .
i have signed the Playstore-app for testing and it seems to work.
My Apps and Updates are listet in beautifull black UI and it's possible to buy.
But I will restore my Nandroid to prevent possible problems.
Thanks TBO for all the work :good:

Last edited:

ar59

Jan 2, 2015
Hello
I like your Clear telegram.
But I try to change the text color in colors.xml but it doesn`t work.
Can you tell me how I can do this?
would be very nice.
Regards
OpaJogi

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive RC & RT
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
Hello
I like your Clear telegram.
But I try to change the text color in colors.xml but it doesn`t work.
Can you tell me how I can do this?
would be very nice.
Regards
OpaJogi
Hi there, all the text colours (and background colours and icon colours) are hard coded in smali. colors.xml controls nothing unfortunately.

#WhiteUIMustDie #ThemesMatter

Reactions: Thebear j koss

ar59

Jan 2, 2015
Hi there, all the text colours (and background colours and icon colours) are hard coded in smali. colors.xml controls nothing unfortunately.

Thank you.
I will try it

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

After decompiling, were I can found smali.colors.xml
Thanks for answer

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive RC & RT
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
Thank you.
I will try it

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

After decompiling, were I can found smali.colors.xml
Thanks for answer
No it's not like that, smali is a different language and also a folder. It contains a lot (read: thousands) of files that have .smali at the end of their name. Each file contains different code which is very difficult to read. You need to search for things like setTextColor and getColor but there is a lot of different variations of the code. Smali is very different to normal xmls, when xml has a colour set as #ff555555 smali has it set as -0xaaaaab. Yer its about as easy to understand as that language from The Gods Must Be Crazy movies. I suggest doing a little research into smali, there is a great thread here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...de-understanding-creating-smali-mods-t2488033

Have fun!

Last edited:

ar59

Jan 2, 2015
No it's not like that, smali is a different language and also a folder. It contains a lot (read: thousands) of files that have .smali at the end of their name. Each file contains different code which is very difficult to read. You need to search for things like setTextColor and getColor but there is a lot of different variations of the code. Smali is very different to normal xmls, when xml has a colour set as #ff555555 smali has it set as -0xaaaaab. Yer its about as easy to understand as that language from The Gods Must Be Crazy movies. I suggest doing a little research into smali, there is a great thread here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...de-understanding-creating-smali-mods-t2488033

Have fun!

That what I see it`s to hard for me.
Tough I better keep the white color.
Thanks alot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ForumTBOmain.jpg

Click the quote above to access the site

BEFORE YOU START READ THIS:

Also located in the updater Help and Guide section!
    Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!

Signed Install:
    Before you do anything uninstall all stock versions that you normally get from the playstore!
    You cannot install our apps with the stock app installed anywhere!

-Click on the DOWN arrow in the top right hand corner
    -You will see the download in progress
    -Then a prompt to install the apk after the download completes
    -Enjoy the Themed apps

Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!
    Flash in Recovery:
    You must uninstall updates from the playstore before flashing the zip...

-click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner
    -you will see the download in progress
    -then a prompt to reboot in to recovery to flash zip once download completes
    You will still need to go to the "downloads" folder to flash manually!

Click the TBO icon to get the updater app

OR

CLICK HERE

Team Black Out is a team of both veteran app "Inverters" and new-comers that want to learn. With over A lot of popular Blacked Out and Transparent Android apps in our list, we are sure to not only amaze you but to guarantee once you use our Themed Apps you'll Black Out for a while.. The Team isn't doing ROMS though. We are simply combining the great minds of some of the Best in the Business when it comes to making apps Blacked Out or Transparent. We have only a few team members now because some are planning on being lightly active, so if you're already into doing Blacked Out apps, hit us up if you wanna join. We don't want to train people from the ground up but you don't have to be the best either. We will are hosting guides on this site to help walk people through the process of Inverted Apps...

T-BOTS.png

T-BOTs are the Team Black Out Testers. When we update an app or start a new one from scratch, we can put anywhere from 20 minutes to 10 hours into 1 app for all of you and then testing that app can take 10-60 minutes and we don't use every app we Black Out so we're bound to miss some hidden things. Well, this is where our Loyal T-BOTs come into play. Once we update an app they get busy looking for issues for us. This gives us more time to be able to update more apps, start new apps or just have some non-android fun. So make sure you thank the T-BOTs when you get blown away from how amazing these apps are!

Obviously this style is the most popular. We don't theme our apps with images but rather Invert the Colors so you'll have Dark backgrounds and Light texts. This is very popular and has become something that many avid Android users have come to thoroughly enjoy so we will do our best to give you more of what you love!

Transparent.png

Transparent apps have become more popular the last year or so and some members of the Team have been offering them for a while now. Our transparent series of apps are called Clear Apps. Being able to see your wallpaper while you're using your favorite apps is just cool! We'll be offering our own wallpapers soon for you to use!

Ok kids... click on "Welcome to the Dark Side" at the top and it will take you to our official Team Black Out website! All downloads are hosted there only to keep track of everything. If you've used any of our apps in the past in your Aroma installers or in your ROM, you can still use them. Link back to our SITE wherever you post our content tho. Do not post something in a different forum using our work and then PM us to let us know and hope it's ok with us.... It isn't. Ask first and we'll work with you but ask for forgiveness and we have a problem.

Thanks
    TBO
    GO AND GET 'EM!
    6a2f1a3a65eb6371ac3e70f317d45b39.jpg
    1c1b29b4c54f21e8691ce03ae15372b7.jpg
    7267dd4fa1dd241c9f3b84a94a7b9345.jpg
    abc17946783205a8d5041b97f79beae8.jpg

Saving eyes from bleeding, one app at a time.
    Attention:

TBO will do one more nice size batch of updates then be back next year after holiday break. The thread will be closed meanwhile. Thank you and happy holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    So much love in the updater and a little surprise appearance....pictures>words..have a look:

3a943b4bc2956d4ec11d22a418f326fe.jpg
    4a2368cd6f3a08b038ef937854d3c1b4.jpg
    fe1c19e545354fbdacbbfb56574b2478.jpg
    c325c3db6ee71b9f9a148bb40ef891e6.jpg
    eb25e178acbdd3bbb32640096e21900c.jpg
    b8cab62f31cc80c044ba488a8afc2cb9.jpg
    505779a5cbab6dc1196909e4200d9df4.jpg
    f1cda090db6c4ca509d81a20e0aeca0e.jpg

OP and site updated to v6.2 New updater!

Many updates for the holidays we will close the thread tomorrow night to get update issues fixed if any reported. This is the LAST update until the New year but I will add some wallpapers in the next few days...keep an eye out!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM TEAMBLACKOUT

DJ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk