[TUTO] Enable Adoptable Storage on MM

Search This thread

cook

Mar 7, 2008
Tested on Z3 tablet compact and MM 23.4.A.0.575

Works quite well. Camera do not recognize internal memory anymore so format SD Card "Mixed" is mandatory to use Camera (with regular external SD partition)

Move data to adoptable SD move some data that cannot be moved on regular external SD. on a clean phone (cleaned by sd maid) with everything possible moved to regular external SD, I saved 3GB more. nice.

Move app give no gain. only app can be moved on regular external SD can be moved on adoptable SD. nothing more. I kept it on regular external SD to avoid the hassle to move them one by one. move directly app from external SD to adoptable SD crash and reboot tablet. Need to process in 2 steps via normal Internal memory.

Some memory count in setting / storage show crazy negative number. Sony clearly do not update their "written with the foot" code. Just a cosmetic issue.

The only application degraded is Sony Camera. What a shame for Sony.

Envoyé depuis mon SGP621 avec Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: HearseRider

zulkhamsyah

Aug 6, 2014
Hey Guys
please help
i'm running Rooted Stock ROM Marshmallow .570 on my Xperia Z2 D6503
i got this message

Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '200 volume partition disk:179,6
4 private' failed with 'null'

when i changed to mixed, it showed same message
can anyone solve this problem ???

crox72

Jul 11, 2007
Z3 Compact now has 2 SD Cards?

So, I applied this to my Z2 Compact using a new Samsung Pro Plus 128gb card and now I have 2 x 64Gb SD Cards listed, not quite what I was expecting...

When I look at apps say Clash Of Clans, it still says it's in internal, but I can change it, that gives me 3 options,
1) Internal
2) SD Card (I've renamed it adaptive)
3) SD Card

If I select 2, it moves the entire app to SD Cards, where as before it'd only move part of the app, so I see that as an improvement. However that's not what I was expecting to see and some apps still can't be moved (No change option)

p.s. when I did sm list-disks I saw disk:179,64 is that the correct format for the id?

Reactions: HearseRider

freaky2xd

Jan 9, 2015
i am trying this right now on my z2... at the moment i have very confusing gb values...
first i tried to use 50% of my 64 gb sd card as internal storage, but i get an error wich says that the number 50 isnt allowed to use.... then i tried using the whole 64gb as adoptable. it seemed to work but i cannot put more than before on my internal storage.... i formatted the sd card before the process... now i can restore 50gb of data lol and no result

PelsonMX

Mar 26, 2014
Trawniki
i have got this problem with m4 aqua device
beztytuu1mkfr.png

Clavius78

Jan 12, 2010
...But I still can't move certain apps to the adopted SD card space. Much like I couldn't move them to the unadopted SD card. So, what's the benefit of this procedure then?! Or am I missing something? Is there a way to force the 'unmovable' apps to move?

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
I have a samsung on5 with 6.0.1. I have tried to do the adb commands and it just doesnt work. i type the commands and i dont get an error or anything, it simply doesnt work. i have checked and am certain it hasnt worked at all. is there some reason it wont work on this device? this is exactly the device it NEEDS to work on. i havs a sandisk 32 gig class 10 ultra plus. no reason this shouldnt work. im bummed, any suggestiins?

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have a samsung on5 with 6.0.1. I have tried to do the adb commands and it just doesnt work. i type the commands and i dont get an error or anything, it simply doesnt work. i have checked and am certain it hasnt worked at all. is there some reason it wont work on this device? this is exactly the device it NEEDS to work on. i havs a sandisk 32 gig class 10 ultra plus. no reason this shouldnt work. im bummed, any suggestiins?

Go buy a Xperia or ask on your device forum ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: whodisname

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
On Xperia XA, didn't work, ended with an error, but erased the SD card content. The phone hang as well after the procedure, and destroyed the screen, now I have a yellow mark burned in on top of the screen, very strange, don't know how this could happen, but it did while the phone was freezed and I tried to power it off, without success for five minutes.

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
On Xperia XA, didn't work, ended with an error, but erased the SD card content. The phone hang as well after the procedure, and destroyed the screen, now I have a yellow mark burned in on top of the screen, very strange, don't know how this could happen, but it did while the phone was freezed and I tried to power it off, without success for five minutes.

I'm not okay with you, it works well on XA!! Reported working on XA Ultra too!

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
I'm not okay with you, it works well on XA!! Reported working on XA Ultra too!

I have the XA Dual Sim.

Could be SD card, could be firmware, model, could be anything, could be God giving me a ****ty day. Have a nice day.

And yea it doesn't work, tried it three times.

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have the XA Dual Sim.

Could be SD card, could be firmware, model, could be anything, could be God giving me a ****ty day. Have a nice day.

And yea it doesn't work, tried it three times.

It could be because you used "mixed" command, one my device I got same problem, make full Adoptable and it should be better :)
For the damages it probably because you have a defective device, Adoptable Storage can't destroy your phone. I think you are the first one.

Last edited:

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
It could be because you used "mixed" command, one my device I got same problem, make full Adoptable and it should be better :)
For the damages it probably because you have a defective device, Adoptable Storage can't destroy your phone. I think you are the first one.

After the failed procedure the phone freezed for five minutes, couldn't be turned off or rebooted, once it did, there was a burn on the screen.

I think I tried both commands, well I will try it again once they send me a new phone, I'll use the USB on the motherboard as well.

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
Now I think I have adaptable storage, even though it looks weird with the size.

But three games that I just downloaded and they worked, doesn't work. One is just shutting down with an error before it starts. And the other two are giving me "Failure to initialize!" Your hardware does not support this application, sorry!

Last edited:

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
No I think I have adaptable storage, even though it looks wierd with the size.

But three games that I just downloaded and they worked, doesn't work. One is just shutting down with an error before it starts. And the other two are giving me "Failure to initialize!" Your dardware does not support this application, sorry!

You can't move all apps, same problem on almost all phones. Use integrated app2sd to move your apps to get better results. Tried with big games like Real Racing 3 and no problem, with Firefox the app disappear after phone reboot :eek:

@Virtual anomaly, yes you can, no problem reported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM bring the ability to devices which support it to share SD card with system to install apps on SD card. But Sony disabled this on MM. Here is to Enable this functionality ;)
    (Be aware that your shared partition will be hidden on other devices)

You will need adb installed on your computer
    If you doesn't have it :
    http://lifehacker.com/the-easiest-way-to-install-androids-adb-and-fastboot-to-1586992378

Then connect your phone with adb debugging enabled.

Type "adb shell"
    Once you're connected to your device : "sm list-disks"
    This will return the ID of your sd card.
    Now, if you want the whole sd card to be shared type "sm partition disk:ID private"

If you want your sd to be partitionned type "sm partition disk:ID mixed:%"
    (replace ID with your own card ID and % with the STANDARD stockage percent you want on your sd card)

You're done !
    (Sizes of partitions are not reported as they should but it seems to work)

Before/After
    Before :
    wGU4U21.png
    After :
    2wsS6S9.png

Source :
    mocado.com
    This is Mocado's work, not mine !
    @roland101 @fqj1994 Yes the partition created for apps cannot be use to store files. Mixed will create 1 partition for apps and 1 for files :)
    About the Google Photos app I guess it store photos in app data and if we cannot write that partition it doesn't allow us to delete these files but should work using Google photo app since it's is own files. If Gphoto was baked with your rom maybe it have arlready the permision needed. You can also check in per apps permissions in settings ;) Check if it delete the cloud backup when you delete local photo. :)
    Tested on Z3 tablet compact and MM 23.4.A.0.575

Works quite well. Camera do not recognize internal memory anymore so format SD Card "Mixed" is mandatory to use Camera (with regular external SD partition)

Move data to adoptable SD move some data that cannot be moved on regular external SD. on a clean phone (cleaned by sd maid) with everything possible moved to regular external SD, I saved 3GB more. nice.

Move app give no gain. only app can be moved on regular external SD can be moved on adoptable SD. nothing more. I kept it on regular external SD to avoid the hassle to move them one by one. move directly app from external SD to adoptable SD crash and reboot tablet. Need to process in 2 steps via normal Internal memory.

Some memory count in setting / storage show crazy negative number. Sony clearly do not update their "written with the foot" code. Just a cosmetic issue.

The only application degraded is Sony Camera. What a shame for Sony.

Envoyé depuis mon SGP621 avec Tapatalk
    Once you shared the SD card would removing it pose any system error or the phone will revert to its stock stated partition?
    Z3 Compact now has 2 SD Cards?

So, I applied this to my Z2 Compact using a new Samsung Pro Plus 128gb card and now I have 2 x 64Gb SD Cards listed, not quite what I was expecting...

When I look at apps say Clash Of Clans, it still says it's in internal, but I can change it, that gives me 3 options,
    1) Internal
    2) SD Card (I've renamed it adaptive)
    3) SD Card

If I select 2, it moves the entire app to SD Cards, where as before it'd only move part of the app, so I see that as an improvement. However that's not what I was expecting to see and some apps still can't be moved (No change option)

p.s. when I did sm list-disks I saw disk:179,64 is that the correct format for the id?