By gzibell, Member on 12th February 2011, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2012, 01:31 PM |#61  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange kia

hi guys I'm a newbie to all the blue tooth stuff (old school )
just got a ELM 327 blue tooth adapter and i have a htc desire 5 with torque pro loaded
can you link me to a step by step how to connect the elm to the phone where do you but the 6789 code in ?
the elm lights flash when i conect it to the OBD11 port put wont conect to the phone ?
thanks

Goto settings on your phone. Select bluetooth. Start your vehicle. Plug in the elm. Then press scan for new devices on your phone in bluetooth settings. You should see a chx appear. Select the chx and attempt to pair with it. The phone should prompt you for the 6789 bluetooth pin number. I think the elm only stays in pair mode for 10 to15 seconds. If you follow the steps in the given order your device should work. Hope this helps.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

12th June 2013, 11:39 PM |#62  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00mred00

thanks guys! I think I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and order mine along with the anycom bluetooth to ipod dock connector.

thanks for all the input!!!

I'm loving the app, myself but my luck, now I get an abs/traction control
Anybody knows of another app that does all like torque but also reads and clears trouble codes
25th November 2013, 05:22 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white00gt

I'm loving the app, myself but my luck, now I get an abs/traction control
Anybody knows of another app that does all like torque but also reads and clears trouble codes

Not sure of any apps that does that, but you can always go to autozone and have them erase the codes for you.
If you find an app that does that, I'd like to know of it too.

Please report back
6th January 2014, 06:49 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
I got a couple questions about torque if anyone can help.

I just got my adapter. This one : http://m.ebay.com/itm/300870978320?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

It seems to run ok in my 98 jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm mostly interested in mpg and fuel cost and checking for the fault codes. But I'm a bit confused.

In the vehicle info, it asks you to guess how much gas you have. When I look at sensors, I've got one that is my estimate. Then I've got a couple fuel trim bank sensors that read it a percentage. Are the trim bank sensors reading how much gas I have? If that's the case, what's my estimate for?

Nextly, are these the only sensors I'll have access to, regardless of the obd2 bt scanner I buy? Or will other models read different results?

Also, does the scanner need to be connected to torque in order for the scanner to store data? Because it says it needs to run everytime the car runs for accurate mpg results. Can I just leave the scanner in and check on torque when I need to? Or torque need to be running and connected as well? I live in Minnesota and let the car warm up 20 min sometimes. It'd be a pain to have to connect n leave my phone in the car ask the time.

Oh and when it reads fault codes, am I getting every actual fault code the car is shelling out, or could I not be recieving some based on the whats available to the scanner in my paticular model jeep? All I have is one for my powertrain. But Idk if it just doesnt have as good of a connection with my 98 laredo as it would with a 2012 loncoln... Thanks in advance.

Tapatold from my Galaxy S4 running Wicked v7

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Also, I'm trying to find out what exactly custom pids are. How do I find some for my 98 jeep Grand Cherokee? I'm searching but I'm having a hard time finding my vehicles info for torque

Tapatold from my Galaxy S4 running Wicked v7
23rd June 2014, 08:55 AM |#65  

More
i use easydiag instead of ELM327 bluetooth and it works very well.
i buy it on obd2works ...their product are very good
23rd May 2016, 11:04 AM |#66  

More
we offer the latest version of easydiag software update
we offer the latest version of easydiag software update
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymale

i use easydiag instead of ELM327 bluetooth and it works very well.
i buy it on obd2works ...their product are very good

24th June 2016, 07:29 PM |#67  

More
I'm quite happy with my Kiwi 3
I bought a $20 adapter, but unfortunately it quit after a month. I bought (just Google Kiwi 3 adapter) Kiwi 3 obd2 car to smartphone adapter and so far has been great. A little more pricey than knockoff clones, but well worth it - autoconnects whenever I enter my car and works great on my Note and my iPad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)