Thanks Meter: 204

Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2016, 10:05 PM |#71  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmandrigo

What's the difference between "Format All + Download" and "Firmware Upgrade"?

In case of flashing stock roms I normally use Firmware Upgrade on my MTK phone, but what does exactly Format All does?

Don't use it, it will erase your nvram (imei and s/n). it's for special cases
The Following User Says Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerstavros Ad-Free

29th June 2016, 09:12 AM |#72  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Guys i need a batch to automate "readback" of "recovery.img", "boot.img", "System.img".
Any ideas?
2nd February 2017, 04:22 AM |#73  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 0

More
spflashtool
spflashtool linux only 64 bit
19th February 2017, 06:17 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 1,410

Donate to Me
More
I use SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Linux_v5.1628.00.100.zip works for me, I just download/read with it though, I don't use format.
20th March 2017, 05:39 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a question regarding this tool.. I used readback on EMMC_USER region, start address 0x0 and length 0xe4000000
the length value I got from the scatter file
Quote:

partition_index: SYS23
partition_name: userdata
file_name: userdata.img
is_download: true
type: EXT4_IMG
linear_start_addr: 0xe4000000

There to be exact. So I made the readback and it went fine, 3GB+ file got made.

Now to the question, I rooted my phone and I cant revert back to be able to do the OTAs. Question is now, can I write this back without risk? Using write memory. I cant use the MTK tool as it gives errors, so I cant split the dump.

If its okay to do it, should I just select region EEMC_USER and set the begin address to 0x0 or the 0xe4000000 I used as length during the readback?

Thanks a lot in advance.. <3
20th March 2017, 09:23 PM |#76  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony32

I have a question regarding this tool.. I used readback on EMMC_USER region, start address 0x0 and length 0xe4000000
the length value I got from the scatter file

There to be exact. So I made the readback and it went fine, 3GB+ file got made.

Now to the question, I rooted my phone and I cant revert back to be able to do the OTAs. Question is now, can I write this back without risk? Using write memory. I cant use the MTK tool as it gives errors, so I cant split the dump.

If its okay to do it, should I just select region EEMC_USER and set the begin address to 0x0 or the 0xe4000000 I used as length during the readback?

Thanks a lot in advance.. <3

Begin address is the 0xe4000000. Length IS NOT this number. So your readback image is useless.
The Following User Says Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerstavros Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 10:35 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerstavros

Begin address is the 0xe4000000. Length IS NOT this number. So your readback image is useless.

Oh, thats unfortunate.. I just followed some youtube guide. Damnit. Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)