Thanks Meter: 49

By XdividerX, Senior Member on 19th April 2014, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2016, 03:34 PM |#1911  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomb101

Back on lolipop boj2 fw. With boeffla kernal 1.4. Its the best setup i have used.

Is there boeffa kernel for g00i cm13

24th June 2016, 05:57 AM |#1912  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My limited experience with the S5 - root and rom
I'm a complete noob here, so it's likely I am repeating things already well known. Maybe someone will find something useful here.
To gain some experience I had played around with a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 before attempting anything with my Australian post-paid S5. That was worthwhile, as I doubt I would have had the confidence to experiment with the S5 - lest I end up with the dreaded brick rather than a fairly new working phone.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile / Optus network. It is the G900I with baseband version G900IDVU1BOJ2 originally upgraded to Android 5.0
I have rooted the phone using the Chainfire CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg900i.tar.md5 flashed from Odin. Worked fine. Warranty now voided of course.
I have had a couple of soft brick situations and have found the "escape" is to hold the phone buttons in the download mode configuration until the phone enters download mode. In that circumstance I have then re-flashed the Samsung Optus Stock Android 5.0 G900IDVU1BOJ1_G900IOPSBOJ1_OPS.zip obtained from the Sammobile web site.
I use TWRP recovery which (again) I flash with Odin - the TWRP build used is twrp-3.0.2-2-klte.img.tar. The klte option works OK although any ROMS I use are designated as kltedv compatible. TWRP is good for doing Nandroid backups - which is essential in my opinion. TWRP also allows one to install custom ROM and GAPPS (zipped) builds concurrently. If one doesn't install these concurrently (i.e. in the same TWRP install session before reboot), then problems such as a boot loop may arise on system reboot. I use the Open Gapps builds consistent with the Android ROM version being installed - generally I load the smallest (pico) versions.
I have tried several custom ROMS. In Marshmallow I have found Cyanogen CM13 kltedv nightly builds worked well and remain the most appealing personally. Resurrection Remix Marshmallow also works well - I used ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.0-20160618-kltedv.zip. In the case of Android Lollipop ROMS which I also tried, I like the Team Nocturnal and Validus Android 5.1.1 builds which (again) work well. The latter two I found by doing a search on the Androidfilehost website using the generic term "kltedv" which came up with some 80 options.
One final note - I found installing a supplementary SuperSU over any custom ROM made a mess on the subsequent reboot. Typically I get into the endless loop of "Unfortunately blah blah has stopped ..."
I'm happy to add any further detail if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Trevor.
25th June 2016, 02:21 PM |#1913  
Flag Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Meter: 324

More
New update available for INS/INU MM... but not available on Sammobile yet.
13th July 2016, 01:01 AM |#1914  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does anyone know the best latest custom rom for 900I at the moment ?
thanks
13th July 2016, 02:06 AM |#1915  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaugi

thanks

out of the box, probably Omega. If you're a bit more capable with modems, bootloaders, adapting 900F roms to work on 900I and don't need NFC then Alexndr or xXx
The Following User Says Thank You to xchim_24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xchim_24 Ad-Free
16th July 2016, 01:32 AM |#1916  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaugi

thanks

Sixperience

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA-Developers mobile app
19th July 2016, 10:57 AM |#1917  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Hello G900i users... King_Rat here from Godzone ^^

Got my mits on a second hand S5 today...

Recovery: TWRP (latest)
Rom: Resurrection

Rooted with CF-Root... via Odin
TWRP'd with Flashify app... Play store

Now I'm looking for kernels to test o_0

Last Android ph was the S2...
Have a GPad 8.3 that's just recently jumped to CM12.1...

Current ph is works i.e. a Blackberry Z10...

29th July 2016, 07:46 PM |#1918  
Flag adelaide
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfinlay10

Sixperience

Thunderbolt N5 port. Ive tried them all and to me that is the best all round.
2nd August 2016, 09:19 AM |#1919  

More
what am I doing wrong?
Hello all,

I'm trying to get Xposed installed on my G900I (telstra/australia).
I read that it doesn't work with stock rom so I've tried to install both Omega and Alliance but it still didn't seem to work.
Here's a run down of what I did, can someone please let me know where I went wrong and also how do I know the rom was installed properly.
My phone was originally 4.0 from 2014

First of all I upgraded to the stock 5.0 using odin and enabled install from unknown sources/dev mode:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/d...ITEL1BOJ1_TEL/

Then I rooted using CF Auto Root for 900I 5.0:
https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Then flashed TWRP 3.0.2 using odin

Loaded up TWRP from recovery and did a factory reset/deleted dalvik/art and cache

Installed Omega via zip from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6004
Now this is where I started to think I had issues, because it booted up in about 1-2min, whereas most sites say it can take 10-15 (was this because the phone had been completely wiped and was just faster or did something go wrong, and how do I know it's installed?)

Back in the phone now I installed the Xposed apk, then went back to recovery and installed Xposed framework.
http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk21/arm/
Using hardware info I found my phone to be arm7, and since I was using 5.0 I downloaded and installed latest version the sdk21 arm since the options were arm/arm64 and x86

Reboot phone and get the samsung logo, just sat there. I had a fully charged phone so i figured I'd leave it for a while to see if it worked (after 3 total attempts) and came back to a dead battery, charged it up, and nope, still the samsung logo.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I don't really care what rom or anything else is installed, I just want to install Xposed is all.
2nd August 2016, 02:49 PM |#1920  
Flag Khairpur Mir's
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattitude13

Hello all,

Generic xposed build don't work with stock tw roms so you need unofficial build specially made for touchwiz, here for 5.0 tw,

hope this helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=65373013

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mmtrt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mmtrt Ad-Free
2nd August 2016, 03:02 PM |#1921  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtrt

Generic xposed build don't work with stock tw roms so you need unofficial build specially made for touchwiz, here for 5.0 tw,

hope this helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=65373013

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You're a legend mate, thanks. I'll go test it out now.

Edit: Worked like a charm mate. Much appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)