FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which of the following recovery you use the most? (Multiple options supported)

Clockworkmod (CWM) Recovery

57 Vote(s)
14.14%
PhilZ-Touch Recovery

143 Vote(s)
35.48%
TWRP Recovery

244 Vote(s)
60.55%

[POLL] CWM v/s PhilZ-Touch v/s TWRP

540 posts
Thanks Meter: 549

By Bhargav97, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd October 2015, 07:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I just use them but here's my take:
  1. CWM - Older and more known. Works when all others may fail.
  2. Philz - Almost the same as CWM but has more features - including touch for some devices when CWM doesn't have it - and little extra features like cleaning for new ROM which automatically does what you need.
  3. TWRP - IMO it's prettier and has very good features - but the support on devices is less than the older CWM.

So currently I use PhilZ, but using AROMA for GAPPS seems like TWRP would have worked - failed on PhilZ. Found workarounds.

As stated, everyone has reasons for their choices and preferences. Really, I didn't see that much of a pull to go TWRP (used on other devices) since I had alternatives, and I didn't need to go CWM because - IMO - PhilZ is the same with added features.

29th June 2016, 02:05 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have only used TWRP, stock recovery and CF-Auto-Root custom recovery that flashes SuperSU.
29th June 2016, 03:58 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 3,412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrGrochowski

I have only used TWRP, stock recovery and CF-Auto-Root custom recovery that flashes SuperSU.

It was fun helping Phil port his recovery to other devices, but it is now deprecated, and the dev no longer active. TWRP is the way forward now.
13th August 2017, 10:56 AM |#14  

More
Philz is the best, always
Hello folks Philz is my favourite and the best recovery always. Maybe u for not know, after the release of TWRP I had contacted Koushik Koush Dutta to involve the special features of TWRP in the next version of CWM. But he was busy working in Cyanogen so he appointed Philip who then developed the CWM Advanced edition Philz Touch.

Now let me say why should u must use Philz or if not possible then CWM touch. Recovery refers to a mode on an Android device to recover and save your device during any emergency. By chance of the touch screen of it phone gets damaged then u can use non touch facility in CWM or Philz.

So if possible use CWM and Philz, and if it's not available for urgent device then contact me on : abitatharoy@gmail.com
I will help u out.
Thank You...
14th August 2017, 07:23 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i like: "They are all good recoveries and choice is good"
27th August 2017, 10:05 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I have only used TWRP for the time being, but it seems to be the only recovery I will ever need.
Feature-packed, simple to use and just plain awesome!
5th November 2017, 06:45 AM |#17  
Flag somewhere on the universe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav97

Hello folks,

Since a long time now...we all are using mostly these three recoveries:

1)Clockworkmod(CWM) Recovery (by @Koush)
2)PhilZ-Touch Recovery (by @Phil3759)
3)TWRP Recovery (by TeamWin)

...for getting our ROM flashing and other jobs done.

This thread is meant to compare these three recoveries in terms of it's global usage. It's just like a survey.

So...everybody is requested to vote on the poll for their most used recovery. Thanks

Just a few words before you vote:

You are welcomed to post the reason for liking and using the recovery you voted for. But please don't post something like: "I have only Advanced version (without any GUI and Touch) of PhilZ-Touch Recovery for my device, so I like TWRP", "Touch doesn't work in my TWRP, so I like CWM", "I have the latest version of CWM but not of PhilZ-Touch Recovery for my device, So I vote for CWM". These reasons are because your device is not officially supported by the developer of the recovery. Vote here only if you are using/used the officially supported build of the recovery.

Recovery is a choice. So, everybody is gonna like different recovery for their different aspects/advantages. Just vote on the Poll and leave a post so that we can know that which of these recoveries are mostly used by users and why. Multiple options are enabled in the poll but please try to vote in only one option...for the recovery you use the most.

Please NOTE: This thread is no way meant to insult any of the developer(s) of above recoveries. This thread is just to know the popularity of these recoveries among the users...can be rather called a 'survey'.

in my opinion, twrp is better as it offers more options and it has an interface built from scratch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm vs philz-touch, cwm vs philz-touch vs twrp, cwm vs twrp, twrp vs philz-touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)