FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Difference between nandroid backup & Titanium backup?

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By emigre, Member on 27th November 2010, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2015, 06:27 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Confused a little :(
ok so if a use nandroid for backing up my phone image (i.e. OS, apps, settings) and then flash a new rom.... do i still have to go back to nandroid to redeem my settings?? if so then will the old rom be redeemed too??

11th February 2015, 03:37 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia10

ok so if a use nandroid for backing up my phone image (i.e. OS, apps, settings) and then flash a new rom.... do i still have to go back to nandroid to redeem my settings?? if so then will the old rom be redeemed too??

Yes. As posted earlier in this thread: Nandroid backups are full system images. To restore them, you restore the whole system, so your old ROM. If you want to get the old apps to a new ROM, you should use Titanium Backup which backups only apps and the settings / data of these apps. Afetr installing your new ROM alongside Titanium Backup, you can decide to restore only the apps or the data / settings of the apps as well.
13th February 2016, 08:11 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i have another question. My phone was freezing up randomly and I could not figure out the reason. The only thing changed was a new charger for my s5. So, I did a nandroid and titanium backup. I wiped the phone and tried restoring with titanium backup in hopes it would resolve my problem, however, i've been running into problems with titanium backup and am now restoring the nandroid backup. SO, my question to you guys is, if I had a freeze up problem and want to start fresh and keep all my apps and data, on the same rom, is there a difference between restoring with titanium versus nandroid in trying to resolve my previous freezing problem? I really hope one of you guys on here can help me with this, as it's really frustrating me in trying to solve this problem!i have another question. My phone was freezing up randomly and I could not figure out the reason. The only thing changed was a new charger for my s5. So, I did a nandroid and titanium backup. I wiped the phone and tried restoring with titanium backup in hopes it would resolve my problem, however, i've been running into problems with titanium backup and am now restoring the nandroid backup. SO, my question to you guys is, if I had a freeze up problem and want to start fresh and keep all my apps and data, on the same rom, is there a difference between restoring with titanium versus nandroid in trying to resolve my previous freezing problem? I really hope one of you guys on here can help me with this, as it's really frustrating me in trying to solve this problem!
1st July 2016, 11:51 AM |#24  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zervic

You don't need two of the same thing. I haven't used titanium but nandroid is a, if you will, what-you-see-is-what-you-get backup....what I mean by this is it will back up your phone in the exact state it is...you can't choose to exclude this or that, etc. I prefer mybackup pro because the one time I used titanium I couldn't figure out what to do cuz the GUI was so scrub. That's just me tho.

Sent From My HTC Aria Using XDA App

Thanks for the post bro. But i can't understand properly. Can you make it more clear.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)