Highly recommended video player for HD content and LAN streaming

Search This thread

addisdar

Apr 12, 2006
I would recommend BS Player Lite.... I tried DICE, MX, Mobo, Vplayer and many others last night and BS was the only one that would play everything (even 1080p) smoothly, even over a network connection from a local share. Best part, it's free!!

Market location: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en

Tips for best playback:

- If you use it over a network, go into BS Player and use its LAN mode. The decoder must be the BSEngine Hardware Decoder to stream.

- For local playing content, change the decoder to the system hardware decoder and not the BSEngine hardware decoder. Works so much better.

So far I have been able to play (both locally and streaming from a network share), 1080p and 720p video including DTS Audio from the following formats: MKV, WMV, AVI, F4V, MP4, FLV, DIVX and M4V.

Last edited:

bnl552

May 28, 2007
Just tried it on an 1080p file. System HW decoder- video looks great but no sound. BS Player HW decoder- video looks like crap but audio works. Having the same issues with mxplayer. Very dissapointing.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Dice player seems to be king of media players. just make sure if you watching movie from internal memory/external or removable(micro SD card) that its using HW decoding.

Danny-B-

May 6, 2005
Scotland
I Agree with the OP ... BSPlayer has been flawless for every video bar 1 for me ... Dice player isnt free but the trial was the same as BSPlayer for the files i tried.

madefl

Aug 24, 2010
How do you connect in lan mode? When I go in LAN MODE my ip adress is already in. I cant change it. I put in user name and pw and i get an invalid host message.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
I Agree with the OP ... BSPlayer has been flawless for every video bar 1 for me ... Dice player isnt free but the trial was the same as BSPlayer for the files i tried.

New Prime owners who want to watch video on their shiny new tablet will be pleased to know that a full version of Dice Player (ad-supported) is now available on the Android Market.

Links & barcodes for your phone here.

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
Just tried it on an 1080p file. System HW decoder- video looks great but no sound. BS Player HW decoder- video looks like crap but audio works. Having the same issues with mxplayer. Very dissapointing.

Your file is to blame.

TF201 | XDA Premium

v Ralle v

Nov 27, 2011
Jena
www.vrallev.net
I use the BSPlayer as well. Works perfectly. I also use the Lan mode and stream from my Windows 7 machine. 1080p .mkv movies are sometimes laggy, but sometimes they aren't. I think it differs from file to file because of its size and my local network isn't fast enough.

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Did not play my mp4 version of a high res movie only really slow! Tried multiple settings and now I am back to mx

daanvh2

Jun 1, 2009
I also tried it on Prime and it works. Full HD sometimes still lags on wifi streaming (smb through ES explorer) but pausing for a minute sometimes help. The best player I tried, and I tried a lot of them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would recommend BS Player Lite.... I tried DICE, MX, Mobo, Vplayer and many others last night and BS was the only one that would play everything (even 1080p) smoothly, even over a network connection from a local share. Best part, it's free!!

Market location: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en

Tips for best playback:

- If you use it over a network, go into BS Player and use its LAN mode. The decoder must be the BSEngine Hardware Decoder to stream.

- For local playing content, change the decoder to the system hardware decoder and not the BSEngine hardware decoder. Works so much better.

So far I have been able to play (both locally and streaming from a network share), 1080p and 720p video including DTS Audio from the following formats: MKV, WMV, AVI, F4V, MP4, FLV, DIVX and M4V.

New Prime owners who want to watch video on their shiny new tablet will be pleased to know that a full version of Dice Player (ad-supported) is now available on the Android Market.

Links & barcodes for your phone here.