- INSTRUCTIONS to Install CWM Recovery - (For Everyone)

Search This thread

Justin09

Sep 24, 2013
how to remove cwm and return to stock recovery please. everytime I factory reset my phone it bootloops i just want my stock recovery

Reactions: shem.Nero

irfanadli97

Oct 12, 2014
Bandar Baru Bangi
Install CWM Recovery for Xperia C2304/2305 devices

Your phone must be rooted

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* on your phone. Click service info, check software info.

-If your S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.2.6 , 2.14.J.2.13 or 2.14.J.2.16

1) Download recovery.img from below

2) Put recovery.img to your phone's memory(not into folder)

3) Download Mobileuncle Tools from play store and open, click Recovery Update and choose your file.
It is done :good:

-If your S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.0.68

1- Download 16.0.B.2.16 ftf version from below.

2- Use wmshua perfect flash program to flash this ftf file
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2695344
"Wait until it finishes %100. If it stops at 97%, wait 30 min, if it does not continue, disconnect your phone from pc"

3- Turn on your phone

4- Download recovery.img from below

5- Put recovery.img to your phone's memory(not into folder)

6-Download Mobileuncle Tools from play store and open, click Recovery Update and choose your file.
It is done :cool:

Thanks kiyee and rocker00 :good:

This instructions is prepared by TacoNikky
Do not copy without showing my name!

It works on all devices

Xperia C 16.0.B.2.16 (Latest Version) ftf Download
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0ByD5wbrFNbeAdEV2bFk3SXU1NG8&export=download

Alternative Link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!959WiSqB!q5VjhHdo4JxfPKBfU421Z9DlUDsfayEe9L-vFixJARQ

Hello I tried your steps detailedly correct but it failed. Button shortcut, adb boot recovery as well as MTKTool recovery, neither boot into CWM.

Could you double-check the image if this is compatible with the LATEST firmware of this device (C2305), also the phone is rooted via Framaroot 1.9.3 using the Boromir exploit. Also hyperlinks of recoveries for this device? (Google really didn't help me)

jayvl

Nov 8, 2015
My S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.0.68 and my software version is 16.0.B.2.16. If I understand correctly by (re)flashing that 16.0.B.2.16 *software* image it will also change the boot version to a more recent version like 2.14.J.2.13? Why can't I use WMShua to only flash the bootloader? There is no seperate ftf file for it?

jayvl

Nov 8, 2015
Why can't it be flashed with a different S1 boot version?

This. I got it working following the OP, but I am still curious why the recovery is specific to newer bootloader versions. The technical reason. Also where did it come from, did taconikky (OP) make this CWM version somehow?

Mukhammad Rizo

Feb 21, 2016
Is there anyone who can help me?
my sony xperia p lt22i is not accepting any rom, not connetting via usb and not turning on? It is becoming just a piece of brick.
HELP ME!!!

Last edited:

amoni

Jan 15, 2016
Screenshot_2016-02-23-10-44-26.png

3) Download Mobileuncle Tools from play store and open, click Recovery Update and choose your file.

"Wait until it finishes %100. If it stops at 97%, wait 30 min, if it does not continue, disconnect your phone from pc"

3- Turn on your phone

6-Download Mobileuncle Tools from play store and open, click Recovery Update and choose your file.

It works on all devices

Alternative Link:

shmisingh09

Mar 12, 2016
Hi
While flashing my Xperia c using WMShua on step 2 after selecting .ftf image and pressing the start button am getting this error "Flash Fail NoScript". Can anyone help me to resolve this issue

carnby24

Nov 10, 2014
Penang
Hi mine is 87...anyway I can get the recovery IMG file and flash recovery using adb?

Sent from my E5563 using Tapatalk

karthikaithal

Sep 21, 2012
Flash Ftf from CWM

Can anyone help me to flash .ftf file from CWM as my usb connection not detected? Do we have any other option to flash other than using flash tool?

hahaha1111

Jun 18, 2015
root ,install "CWM"(i think it like twrp more than a CWM)Success:D

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Can anyone help me to flash .ftf file from CWM as my usb connection not detected? Do we have any other option to flash other than using flash tool?

First,you cannot flash .ftf file from CWM because CWM is an recovery ,CWM is not support .ftf file. I think you may not know what is the topic of this post. This post is about an instructions to install recovery. If your S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.2.6 , 2.14.J.2.13 or 2.14.J.2.16,you can directly download software to update recovery.Only 2.14.J.0.68 S1 Boot Version need to flash .ftf to let it become above version , but not 2.14.J.0.68.

Second,wmshua perfect flash program is the safest program for you to flash the .ftf file. Another software may need more time and unsuccessful probability will be biggerthan wmshua perfect flash program. 2.14.J.0.68 S1 Boot Version cannot directly update recovery because of it's special program.

Finally,if you have any requires,please ask me,i will help you:)

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

My S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.0.68 and my software version is 16.0.B.2.16. If I understand correctly by (re)flashing that 16.0.B.2.16 *software* image it will also change the boot version to a more recent version like 2.14.J.2.13? Why can't I use WMShua to only flash the bootloader? There is no seperate ftf file for it?

Yes,flashing .ftf will change the boot version. Actually my english is bad and i do not know the meaning of "Why can't I use WMShua to only flash the bootloader? There is no seperate ftf file for it?"

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

how to remove cwm and return to stock recovery please. everytime I factory reset my phone it bootloops i just want my stock recovery

C2305 is my old phone. Actually I do not know what is "bootloops" because of my english.:silly:
Method of remove CWM:
I remember that everytime when you exit CWM , it will pop up an message shows about"Will you let CWM to recover Stock Recovery?",if you choose No,You can remove CWM.

If you cannot get back to stock recovery:
You need flash an new OS in your phone,the OS will "help" you uninstall CWM recovery and give you back your stock recovery:)

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

My S1 Boot Version isn't any of the cited, it is 2.14.J.1.15... How should I proceed?

First,try below method,the flashing method is for 2.14.J.0.68 which cannot directly flash the recovery.
Second,you can try the flashing method(Strongly not recommended because it may not match your phone and your phone may be damage after flashing)
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2695344
3- Turn on your phone

freeZbies

Dec 2, 2013
First,try below method,the flashing method is for 2.14.J.0.68 which cannot directly flash the recovery.
Second,you can try the flashing method(Strongly not recommended because it may not match your phone and your phone may be damage after flashing)
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2695344
3- Turn on your phone
My phone was already in the latest firmware, so I flashed it anyway, and it worked normally :good:

Also, I see you said you don't know what bootloop is, so let me explain. Bootloop is when your phone looks like it's gonna turn on, but restarts in the middle of the process. In other words, you see the Sony's logo when you press the power button, then the phone restarts and you see it again... And this keep happening and the phone never turns on.

johny018s

Jul 6, 2016
Please Help !! i was follow instruction by downloading "recovery img." and "Mobile Uncle Tools" i used this app and load the img. when it says "boot to recovery?" i click ok then now my phone is dead cant charge or click nothing! please help T____T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3- Turn on your phone

It works on all devices

Alternative Link:
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    I'm going to make a rom for this device for sure :)

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk
    This is a big day for all the xperia C owners.
    Wow, hats off to the people who worked really hard to do the impossible :D
    Personelly, I think we just beat sony and mediatek :D
    People if possible, try to spread to news of this.

Now we just need to persuade some developers to help with porting of roms and we're in business
    I want to know what to do in 2, 3, 4. There is also a mark checked and i don't know what it means...

ok wait I will post Images here

after following the 3 imgs in next screen its starts flashing with Circle showing% it takes sometime & after that @97% it will be stuck don't worry & let it run for abt 10 to 20 mins it will complete 100% & it will restart or you restart.
    Thanks all of you guys! I know everybody worked a lot like me.
    Specially Thanks to Xenon1978, prashh17, devstaff, someshch, metalrules321, kiyee and rocker00.

what costum roms can we use for xperia c?

Not yet, but we will develop it soon ;)