FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,050

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th July 2016, 09:15 AM |#11001  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychofrantics

Guys, Sorry if it has been asked thousand times already but I am unable toi find any definitive answer.
How can I root PA 6.0.1 in system mode? I am suning a custom kernel. When I flash latest supersu, it always install in systemless mode.
I know that for obtaining system mode, you have to make sure that /data/.supersu doesnot exist. I cannot find that file in PA. However there is a supersu folder´╗┐

Search for compatibility mode on this thread or the beta thread it must been answered many times by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to grep_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grep_i Ad-Free

17th July 2016, 10:06 AM |#11002  
Flag Kunfunadhoo, Baa Atoll
Thanks Meter: 2,884

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

Yeah, it's odd that it doesn't work on two completely different devices.

This may be the problem:

Code:
|[email protected]:/data # ls -l su.img
-rw------- root     root     33554432 2016-07-17 01:52 su.img
[email protected]:/data # resize2fs su.img 96M                                    
resize2fs 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013)
The filesystem is not need to resize.It is very close to size to resize
Then again, maybe that's because the image is in use on the phone. If I 'adb pull' it to my laptop, I can resize it there without issue.
notauseranymore
17th July 2016, 11:19 AM |#11003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm a bit out of touch with the SuperSU news (only been installing via Play Store) and the search function didn't give me much info on my question.

I'm currently running a stock 5.1.1 rom, so now the 2.76 stable flashable zip here is auto-systemless right, and to edit the settings I'll need the Play Store manager, because the zip did not install the app itself. Am I right?
17th July 2016, 11:53 AM |#11004  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grep_i

You do not need to install a custom recovery to use it you can also only boot it with the use of adb and fastboot commands.

On a live system with USB debugging enabled you do from A shell on your computer with your phone connected through USB

Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
Code:
fastboot boot path-to-recovery-image
Now it will boot your TWRP recovery without it being installed on your phone

I thought that this didn't work on (some) Samsung devices. Am I wrong? It's an S7 Edge in this case.
17th July 2016, 12:48 PM |#11005  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
On my moto g2 to root it.
I flash three version of super su but every time got bootloop.
Version 2.51 ,2.74,2.56 etc.

sent from moto g2014 with cm13
17th July 2016, 12:52 PM |#11006  
Thanks Meter: 1,966

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumQueen92

I'm currently running a stock 5.1.1 rom, so now the 2.76 stable flashable zip here is auto-systemless right, and to edit the settings I'll need the Play Store manager, because the zip did not install the app itself. Am I right?

2.76 when flashed through recovery goes through a series of checks to decide if it should/could be installed systemless. Else it installs as a system app. The apk through the play store updates an existing root install. They both have the settings available after install. The play store apk is included in the flashable zip.
17th July 2016, 03:31 PM |#11007  

More
Quote:

I thought that this didn't work on (some) Samsung devices. Am I wrong? It's an S7 Edge in this case.

I see two TWRP images for Samsung galaxy S7 on the selection page.
The normal S7 and the edge both with exynos based processor so if you don't have the Qualcomm version it should work don't know the procedure for Qualcomm based processor devices

But there is a thread with descriptions on it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...overy-t3334685

17th July 2016, 03:40 PM |#11008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grep_i

I see two TWRP images for Samsung galaxy S7 on the selection page.
The normal S7 and the edge both with exynos based processor so if you don't have the Qualcomm version it should work don't know the procedure for Qualcomm based processor devices

Ha, sorry, no that's not what I meant. I meant that I don't believe that fastboot works on Samsung devices. At least, that's what I've read, so I've never actually tried it.
17th July 2016, 03:45 PM |#11009  

More
Quote:

Ha, sorry, no that's not what I meant. I meant that I don't believe that fastboot works on Samsung devices. At least, that's what I've read, so I've never actually tried it.

No I am not aware of that I guess you should try to find out.

17th July 2016, 03:53 PM |#11010  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,803

More
@grep_i is correct, my command was incorrect.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112
17th July 2016, 04:23 PM |#11011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

The correct second command is

Code:
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

That's what I thought too but I tried it last week and couldn't get it working with that command with adb version 1.0.32
It only worked with

Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
So maybe try both, one of them will work for a version
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread