Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2012, 06:32 PM |#11  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 463

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderthandos

And, by the way, in regards to Team DRH's April Fools joke, I did a second install when I saw that thinking the install had actually failed. I guess I don't read all the instruction right on the first pass. Same problem I had in school as a kid.

Have Xoom on EOS Wingray and Gtab, now happily running ICS

Ha, I got a good laugh out of this

14th April 2012, 08:19 AM |#12  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 5

More
dimensions
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2

When you have your tablet opened up take a clear plastic bag and set it across the tablet. Mark the 4 screw holes and mark the reset hole on it. Then take this "guide" and flip it around and match up the 4 screw holes you drew with the ones on the back cover. Mark the reset hole location and drill the hole. Seriously, before you drill make sure the orientation of everything is proper. This is the easiest way to mark the reset hole. I did it this way and mine turned out like such.

It looks very professional and you can barely tell that it is there.

EDIT: I do want to add this. If anyone gives out dimensions I would not go and attempt to punch a hole without removing the back case. The clearance between that back of the case and the mainboard is much too close and any small slip of the hand will send you drilling into the board.

With the back cover facing up and the bottom edge towards you, I used 6 1/4 in from left and 3 13/16 from top. (Should have used 6 3/16 from left.) 1/8 in reset hole. Used a small piece of rubber to plug the hole. (Last 2 DRH releases, I made me rethink the wisdom of drilling. But I already had the cover off to resolder the power connection.)

But as fosser2 said, do this with the cover off. There is less than 1/8 in clearance. I was using a dremel and didn't have a drill press at the time.

All measurements in inches here... my apologies.
29th April 2012, 09:56 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Thumbs up
Thanks.
19th May 2012, 05:11 PM |#14  
Flag Smyrna
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what now
I'm stuck at the birds screen and tried opening and pushing reset, but it didn't change anything, still stuck at birds boot up screen.
19th May 2012, 05:23 PM |#15  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 407

More
If you have an older version of CWM-5504, say, version 5.5.0.4-Beta10 or older, then see this post.
30th June 2016, 11:52 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzintz

Attachment 986115

Here is a shot of the reset button location on my GTAB. Seemed a little different from some pictures - although not hard to find lol. Thought might as well take a shot and upload it while I was in there. Opened it because I got a SOD from PLUGGING IN THE USB to COMPUTER while tab was asleep - I CAN say moron Used the instructions on another thread (one about installing a GPS) One press and it rebooted ...

I was running ICS FYI

Haha June 2016, still found this useful. Thanks, my daughter refuses to give up her g tab, that she paid for with her own money at age 13. Flashing dirty bean, runs not bad at all.
3rd July 2016, 06:43 PM |#17  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Glad someone looked at it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhilway

Haha June 2016, still found this useful. Thanks, my daughter refuses to give up her g tab, that she paid for with her own money at age 13. Flashing dirty bean, runs not bad at all.

Kzintz
20th July 2016, 06:48 PM |#18  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhilway

I still have mine around ...

What versiรณn do you recommend to update it with ... I'm very rusty
๐Ÿ˜…

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
reset button location

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)