Thanks Meter: 816

By BIGSimon, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 04:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2016, 06:18 AM |#1601  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark

The first post needs a bit of updating as those gapps are very old now.. jcsullins recommended Deltadroid's gapps which I have tested on the touchpad and they install fine. You want the kitkat one. http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...107-1-t2997368
There is also opengapps, which I can't remember if I tested, but it is what CM13 links to. You could give the ARM Android 4.4 Micro package a try, http://opengapps.org/

I wish that gapps page were better explained. They do not make it very clear as to which files you need if you want to simply match the functionality on the old gapps that was listed.

24th July 2016, 12:11 AM |#1602  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,093

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor512

I wish that gapps page were better explained. They do not make it very clear as to which files you need if you want to simply match the functionality on the old gapps that was listed.

No one I know of that creates Gapps zips explains exactly what or why they build them the way they do. It's like they create different zips with either a minimal approach or a maximal approach. Delta Gapps does a fairly decent job, have a look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...107-1-t2997368

NT
11th August 2016, 05:05 AM |#1603  

More
I wonder, are there any groups still updating Android 4.4.4? I gave android 6.0.1 a try for a while, and it is just too sluggish.

With android 4.4.4, aside from a few stability issues which causes android 4.4.4 to randomly reboot sometimes when using chrome and BS player in windowed mode), but with it, I can have multiple tabs running while watching a 720p video, and not have it constantly complain, about not being able to complete a task due to low memory, or hanging for a while if I need to use the file browser to attach a file on a web page or forum.

While I like to see the latest android, I feel that the touchpad has hit a brick wall after android 4.4.4, newer versions are just sluggish, often for no reason.
e.g., using a CPU monitor and navigating around the different menus and things are sluggish all while there is 400MB of free RAM, and only around 30%CPU usage.
12th August 2016, 02:16 AM |#1604  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor512

I wonder, are there any groups still updating Android 4.4.4? I gave android 6.0.1 a try for a while, and it is just too sluggish.

With android 4.4.4, aside from a few stability issues which causes android 4.4.4 to randomly reboot sometimes when using chrome and BS player in windowed mode), but with it, I can have multiple tabs running while watching a 720p video, and not have it constantly complain, about not being able to complete a task due to low memory, or hanging for a while if I need to use the file browser to attach a file on a web page or forum.

While I like to see the latest android, I feel that the touchpad has hit a brick wall after android 4.4.4, newer versions are just sluggish, often for no reason.
e.g., using a CPU monitor and navigating around the different menus and things are sluggish all while there is 400MB of free RAM, and only around 30%CPU usage.

Android 4.0 and it's variants are updated by the release of Android 5.0 and now 6.0. Once a newer version of Android comes out, updates for the older versions rarely if ever are released. If you are not happy with the latest, stick with the version that suits you. Which Rom based on Android 4.4.4 are you using? Are you aware of the Evervolv Android 6.0 Rom? From what the folks that have installed it have said, they have high praise for it. Of course, anytime you install the newer builds, you are always treading in uncertain territory. There are going to be stability and reliability issues that may or may not get worked out. I have tried all the newer builds and personally prefer Sullin's KitKat, 4.4.4 builds. I find his latest date build, Nov. 16, 2015 as about as good as it gets.

NT
14th August 2016, 06:20 AM |#1605  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Android 4.0 and it's variants are updated by the release of Android 5.0 and now 6.0. Once a newer version of Android comes out, updates for the older versions rarely if ever are released. If you are not happy with the latest, stick with the version that suits you. Which Rom based on Android 4.4.4 are you using? Are you aware of the Evervolv Android 6.0 Rom? From what the folks that have installed it have said, they have high praise for it. Of course, anytime you install the newer builds, you are always treading in uncertain territory. There are going to be stability and reliability issues that may or may not get worked out. I have tried all the newer builds and personally prefer Sullin's KitKat, 4.4.4 builds. I find his latest date build, Nov. 16, 2015 as about as good as it gets.

NT

For me, In terms of responsiveness, and modern features, I have not found anything better than android 4.4.4 by Jcsullins, though I occasionally try newer builds since there is a weird issue with the android 4.4.4 builds, and dice player. Other than that, this build is one of the most responsive I have used, though with nothing changing besides streaming different videos with BS player (second best video player, though it randomly crashes on these builds), while using chrome to view ans post on some forums, after a while the 4.4.4 builds will become increasingly unstable until you restore a backup made after fully setting it up just the way I like it. (clearing cache doesn't help when the stability issues kick in).

That 1 app (Dice player) is what keeps me trying newer builds, as I have not found a better video player when it comes to format support, ability to stream directly from samba shares, and have a seek bar with playback controls in the popup mode (hover window), along with also allowing subtitles to be displayed in the hover window. though on android 6, you cannot run chrome and dice player for very long at the same time before chrome starts complaining about low memory, same with BS player + chrome.

It overall does not take much for me to even start fresh as literally all I do is first install 3C toolbox, and use it to set the dpi to 120, as well as apply the 1.78GHz overclock (tested stable by benchmarking the tablet for a few hours (max stable for me is 1.83GHz and no crashes after 4 hours of heavy CPU and GPU load).

After 3C toolbox, I make sure chrome is up to date, and install BS player, and Diceplayer

I guess I will have to stick with this 4.4.4 build.
15th August 2016, 04:52 AM |#1606  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have this rom installed on my son's touchpad but I notice that the wireless keeps dropping, and the only way for it to reconnect is to perform a reboot. Anyone else have this problem?
16th August 2016, 12:29 AM |#1607  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Explosion

I have this rom installed on my son's touchpad but I notice that the wireless keeps dropping, and the only way for it to reconnect is to perform a reboot. Anyone else have this problem?

Not with J.C. Sullin's CM11. Which date do you have installed?

NT
17th August 2016, 04:25 AM |#1608  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Not with J.C. Sullin's CM11. Which date do you have installed?

NT

cm-11-20150612-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin
19th August 2016, 03:17 AM |#1609  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Explosion

cm-11-20150612-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin

The latest is cm-11-20151116-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip

NT
8th September 2016, 10:46 AM |#1610  

More
Is it possible to "unroot" HP Touchpad
Hi,

I'm running 11-20151116-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin which is going fine with no problems at all.

I do have an issue when I try to run a couple of apps (Sky Go & Sky Sports) which give me an error saying they are not supported on rooted Android devices.

I've tried using the SuperSU app but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone please advise if it's possible to "unroot" my Touchpad or maybe recommend an app which can make it appear unrooted?

Thanks!
9th September 2016, 02:45 AM |#1611  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlernihan

Hi,

I'm running 11-20151116-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin which is going fine with no problems at all.

I do have an issue when I try to run a couple of apps (Sky Go & Sky Sports) which give me an error saying they are not supported on rooted Android devices.

I've tried using the SuperSU app but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone please advise if it's possible to "unroot" my Touchpad or maybe recommend an app which can make it appear unrooted?

Thanks!

Google is your friend. All you have to do is ask it for help.

You're welcome!

NT
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, hp touchpad, kitkat 4.4, tenderloin

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)