[Q] Changing default path for installation apps

Search This thread

hendymenn

Oct 23, 2012
Hello guys,

I'm sorry if this was a repeated question.
But i was wondering how we can change our default installation path on galaxy note?

Because the problem is everytime i download something from google play, its installed in the phone memory which is only around 1,5Gb

What's the use of 11Gb that we had on usb storage then? Can we somehow change the default path to usb storage?

And i don't want to use external SD card. I think that's all, thanks guys! Waiting for your respons! :):)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

shivg86

Jul 21, 2012
delhi
There is a thread regarding this.in that thread d dev will tell you how to move to phone memory data to sd card and vice versa.
Thanks button is here,please hit

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

hendymenn

Oct 23, 2012
I know it can moved to sd card.. But i dont have any and i want to used that 11Gb internal storage.. Please someone tell me how...

hendymenn

Oct 23, 2012
11gb internal storage is called sd card. App2sd is what you need.

I've tried that and it refers to the original function of move to sd card from the application settings. And it didn't work it says couldn't move not enough storage space and its because i dont have any sd card insert.

Therefore 11Gb usb storage only useful for extended game data and photo or music?

Shyam

Jan 19, 2012
India
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've tried that and it refers to the original function of move to sd card from the application settings. And it didn't work it says couldn't move not enough storage space and its because i dont have any sd card insert.

Therefore 11Gb usb storage only useful for extended game data and photo or music?

Using App2SD you can only move some part of an app to the 11GB (called as SD card or internal SD) memory..also, you cant move each & every app, since some apps needs to be on the Phone memory (memory which shows ~2GB)..I am using App2SD to reduce the load on Phone memory..it wl b useful for apps/games, especially which r bigger in size..what I believe is the more you keep the Phone memory free, the more faster your phone will be..

Reactions: hendymenn

hendymenn

Oct 23, 2012
Using App2SD you can only move some part of an app to the 11GB (called as SD card or internal SD) memory..also, you cant move each & every app, since some apps needs to be on the Phone memory (memory which shows ~2GB)..I am using App2SD to reduce the load on Phone memory..it wl b useful for apps/games, especially which r bigger in size..what I believe is the more you keep the Phone memory free, the more faster your phone will be..

That's an explanation i need.. Well i guess i just go buy an external sd card then move my apps in there. The 11Gb will only used for pictures and music then *sigh* thanks anyway mate!

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
its better cuz it seems like moving huge files to-from the internal storage sometimes* results in a brick

Shyam

Jan 19, 2012
India
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That's an explanation i need.. Well i guess i just go buy an external sd card then move my apps in there. The 11Gb will only used for pictures and music then *sigh* thanks anyway mate!

Thats a better option..buy a 32GB memory card & move all the stuffs like movies, music, photos, docs etc etc etc to it..use 2GB+11GB (in built memory) only for apps, games & their data..

Even 64GB card works on our Note, as per the below thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330784

AnasR.

Jul 22, 2016
I know this is a very late reply :p sorry
but i wonder you were talking about moving apps 2 sd
However, i moved all apps that are movable, i have no pics, videos, music or whatsoever . Yet, the internal storage gets full very fast to extend that i can't update apps anymore :(
I hope during the last 4 years someone figured out a solution :( :(
my phone has a custom lollipop rom and its rooted

Reactions: EduBaixo

hksaaa

Jul 4, 2016
However, i moved all apps that are movable, i have no pics, videos, music or whatsoever . Yet, the internal storage gets full very fast to extend that i can't update apps anymore :(

You can repartition your device, and you will have plenty of space for everything you need

Reactions: AnasR.

AnasR.

Jul 22, 2016
You can repartition your device, and you will have plenty of space for everything you need
Thank you for replying... The next question will be how :) I will be grateful if you helped me... I have a cwm or whatever u guys call it... I'm not an expert but I really like to learn these stuff and I'm a fast learner I got my phone almost brick while installing the custom ROM ? but I have succeeded... One more thing, my phone keep closing apps by itself, how I can prevent that?

hksaaa

Jul 4, 2016
Thank you for replying... The next question will be how :) I will be grateful if you helped me... I have a cwm or whatever u guys call it... I'm not an expert but I really like to learn these stuff and I'm a fast learner I got my phone almost brick while installing the custom ROM but I have succeeded... One more thing, my phone keep closing apps by itself, how I can prevent that?

Its really simple ,1st you flash this recovery http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=18061 , then you https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762635999029 install this trought this new installed recovery , and you now have 6gb memory for installing apps,and 7gb on sdcard0
data=6gb (means +4gb for apps)
sdcard0=~7gb (means -4gb from the stock size)

AnasR.

Jul 22, 2016
Its really simple ,1st you flash this recovery http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=18061 , then you https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762635999029 install this trought this new installed recovery , and you now have 6gb memory for installing apps,and 7gb on sdcard0
Thank u again
First this is a twrp recovery I already have cwm does it have to be twrp?
Second still the second question about how to prevent auto closing for apps
Just now I opened the browser three times to be able to write the reply

hksaaa

Jul 4, 2016
Thank u again

Yes it needs to be TWRP for that,after you flash file for storage you need to install from /tmp again and it should work
i dont know why,try to flash again rom,for me everything works without problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for replying... The next question will be how :) I will be grateful if you helped me... I have a cwm or whatever u guys call it... I'm not an expert but I really like to learn these stuff and I'm a fast learner I got my phone almost brick while installing the custom ROM but I have succeeded... One more thing, my phone keep closing apps by itself, how I can prevent that?

Thank u again

Yes it needs to be TWRP for that,after you flash file for storage you need to install from /tmp again and it should work
    i dont know why,try to flash again rom,for me everything works without problem