[ROM][MM 6.0.1] [ KatKiss - KatshMallow #034 ] [MultiWindow]

Search This thread

sthauge

Dec 27, 2011
Oslo
Sorry but I don't quite understand the OP part. I've read the post about the "Now On Tap" and about expanding system partition but I don't have Linux system to do it. I did wipe data, system , cache and delvik but it's still have the same problem. Could you please give just a bit instruction to get Playstore working? Thanks

You got the answer two times already I guess. You even quote the answer: "format data". Wipe isn't enough. Follow the instructions in OP, format data and reflash. Hope you get it working. :)

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Reactions: citifone

doucettom

Apr 14, 2011
@timduru is it planned to solve the standard Google Chrome installation problem ?

It is the only problem I got so far, the rom is more responsive than 5.x on that old trusty device !

Thanks

Reactions: Oevi

tetis

Jul 1, 2007
I have this Rom and before this i have test katkis5 . this Rom is very better but i need using vpn and this two Rom have problems . does anybody who used rom 4.4 can tell me that Rom supported vpn?
If it support vpn i prefer switch to it because it seems that most of users were happy with using that Rom.

Awak3r

Jul 14, 2016
I have been using this ROM for some days now and so far I am pleased with it :)

Now for the hard part. Does anyone know how to use USB network adapters on TF101?

I have tried rebuild kernel but no luck, it's not really something I am used to do.

Any help/information you can give me about this will be helpful :)

BADCOPYINC

Aug 21, 2014
direction on installing from rooted tf101 4.0.3

dont remember how i rooted but i know i have voodoo OTA rootkeeper v2.0.3 installed?

not sure of how to proceed with anything at this point when i boot recover and hit vol up i get android with red symbol?

and direction would be greatly apreciated!

*UPDATE*
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2622804
followed directions from thread above. could not boot recovery red icon.
flashed twrp again with SBK1 this time and it loaded perfectly fine. updated twrp with twrp file on first post and then flashed rom, gapps, and SU rebooted and everything is working

just in case anyone else is a little hesitant like i was going into this

Last edited:

Spigaw

Dec 1, 2010
Lyon
Moto G Power
V029

Hello guys!

I just went through the changelog, and it seems that the V029 is ready.

Can you tell us when the download link will be available?

Thanks in advance and keep up with the good work, this ROM is the best I've seen for this old trustworthy tablet!

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Realme 8
Hello guys!

I just went through the changelog, and it seems that the V029 is ready.

Can you tell us when the download link will be available?

Thanks in advance and keep up with the good work, this ROM is the best I've seen for this old trustworthy tablet!

As basic rule in XDA is better don't ask for ETA as it might appear as way to make unnecessary pressure to the developer.

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
New Version #029

attachment.php
New rom version available: KatKiss-6.0_029.zip

Note that since the SuperSU app is updating, if it's missing you need to install it back from the playstore (even after flashing the supersu zip with the rom).

ChangeLog:
- Update to August Marshmallow release
- add more optimization flags
- Launcher3: use better icon ratio based on native icon size to avoid fuzzyness.
- Launcher3: use higher res for app drawer icon on mdpi
- Launcher3: materialize icon
- av/audiopolicy: squashed support for pre-kitkat audio blobs
- native/egl: bring back EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG_10194508
- local_manifest: misc cleanups & reorg
- EmojiAltPhysicalKeyDetector: kill logspam
- art/dalvik: misc fixes & optimizations
- webview: add google webview support
- add back org.apache.http.legacy.jar for compat with apps not updated to API23
- update BookmarkSync
- TF700T: dedicated build with new aapt res
- TF201/TF700T: fix default bluetooth device name
- TF201/TF300T/TF700T: misc obsolete flags cleanups & fixes

AccroccMan

Jun 24, 2014
attachment.php

Note that since the SuperSU app is updating, if it's missing you need to install it back from the playstore (even after flashing the supersu zip with the rom).

ChangeLog:
- Launcher3: use better icon ratio based on native icon size to avoid fuzzyness.
- update BookmarkSync
I can't reach the file, anyone else has the same problem with the download?

akhalaj75

Apr 11, 2015
Tehran
Hi.
I have a trouble with Hotspot and wifi.
Hotspot is turned on but no device can detect it.
And not connecting to any device to use zapya or ShareIt

Awak3r

Jul 14, 2016
Hey timduru, thanks for the new version :)

I couldn't find any GUI way to change device name and even the code
Code:
su
setprop net.hostname <newname>
changes the name but it resets to android-xxxxxx on boot.

Is there a way to change the device name? if there is not it would be a cool feature if you could add it in future versions :)

doppelhelix

Jan 29, 2012
Hamburg
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Moto G
Reactions: Awak3r and timduru

k4xda

Dec 26, 2015
CPU settings, including setting on boot

Hi
Updated successfully, and had been playing around with the tablet for a few days, then decided to experiment with performance setting ....Yeah, so changed the governor to "performance" , max clock to 1704 MHz, and now I am experiencing never ending boot cycle, where the 4 color circles, and KatKiss mascot are showing, constantly. I am wondering if there is a way to reset max clock or governor setting. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Update 1:
Looking at /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu[0 and 1]/cpufreq/[cpuinfo_max_freq and scaling_governor], I see 1Ghz and conservative! (Wonder, why it is not booting up.)

Note, I'm on my tablet right now - for some reason I can't use the bbcode buttons to format. I'll try to fix this (or maybe someone can edit)

I straced the settings app, following the writes when I selected "set clock values on boot":

root@localhost: grep performance /data/user/0/com.android.settings/shared_prefs/com.android.settings_preferences.xml
<string name="kk_performance_cpu_max">1600 MHz</string>
<string name="kk_performance_cpu_governor">interactive</string>
<boolean name="kk_performance_zram" value="false" />
<string name="kk_performance_iosched">row</string>
<boolean name="kk_performance_iosched_on_boot" value="false" />
<boolean name="kk_performance_cpu_set_on_boot" value="true" />
<string name="kk_performance_cpu_min">216 MHz</string>

Also, this file appears to be touched:

root@localhost:/data/user/0/com.android.settings/shared_prefs # ls -laF ../app_kk/clocks_on_boot
-rw------- 1 1000 1000 0 Aug 11 03:22 ../app_kk/clocks_on_boot

If I uncheck the box, the empty file above disappears.

One other thing: My TF101 was rebooting anytime I clocked over 1400 MHz. It turned out that the aluminum plate (with the heatsink goop on it) had separated from the chips. Pushed back down: I can now run at 1600 MHz all the time. If you're comfortable following a teardown you could check this. CAUTION: The snaps are easy to break, and the frame metal bends easily; just be careful. Also, the snaps can shatter the glass, if you catch the edge (I did this about the 100th time I snapped the frame back on; it still works - a testament to ASUS - but sometimes it's fiddly).

rustguard

Aug 6, 2016
Every time I try to install it fails to open the google apps zip I flash the 3 files together, first the rom then superuser su, but it will not open the google zip? have tryed re-downloading it?
no idea what to do?
regards

DROITURK182

Oct 11, 2010
Gainesville
Had to roll back to version #028 was getting to many app force closing on me. Usually I just wipe dalvik and cache and dirty flash a update but #029 didn't do so well. Anybody have the same outcome?

Reactions: Sparkysparkler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    KatKiss ROM
    attachment.php

MarshMallow 6.0.1 Release​
    Asus TF101​

Please note that this version is made for and tested on the TF101 model.

This rom is an aosp based rom with my own additions on top of it.

The main motto of the rom being Kiss. Even though the Meerkat could give you a kiss, it stands for Keeps it Sweet and Simple too
    Which means that just like the other K.A.T stuff, the rom's main goal is efficiency, speed/res ponsiveness,
    while not adding bloated features that will slow things down :)

DOWNLOADS:

Install Instructions:
    These builds are designed to be installed with a recent recovery.
    TWRP 2.8.1 is recommended: available here
    Older versions of TWRP like 2.3.x won't work.

• Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery

[*]The first time you install: Format /data (full wipe doesn't format)
      (you can skip this step if you're already on the same main version of KatKiss, if ever you encounter a problem redo a full clean install and format /data and try again before reporting )

Then *EVERYTIME* flash (all together):
    • rom zip
    • SuperSU zip
      [*]gapps zip

• Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot

Rom Main Features:
    MultiWindow Support with 2, 3 or 4 panes setup
    High speed and responsive oriented
    High performance and overclocked KatKernel included
    Dock keyboard Support with full special/function keys support
    Global Keyboard Shortcuts / KeyOverride Macro association (See post #2 for more info)
    HDMI Support
    Battery Level Indicator & Dock Battery support + Mods (icon/Text/%)
    CIFS, ext4, NTFS, ExFat support
    RRO Theme Engine - Themes & more info
    Native Android FSTRIM + Manual scripts for Database optimization and fstrim (see post #2)
    Media Scanner Filters
    Navbar with left, balanced (PixelC like) or middle aligned buttons.
    All Wifi channels support
    Integrated cpu & io performance settings panel
    Custom Navbars buttons long press actions
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    User Immersive mode and actions with automode when docked setting
    Advanced per application permission management (AppOps)
    Ethernet-auto support
    Misc utils Busybox, rsync...
    Custom Quick Settings tiles

ChangeLog: http://public.timduru.org/Android/KatKiss/6.0/ChangeLog.html
    Rom Source: https://github.com/timduru (branch katkiss-6.0)
    Credits:
    Original banner concept by i9apps, Bootanimation by mgeniusm, original drawing by BBF
    Chainfire for SuperSU

WebPage
    How to report
    What to include in the report

Disclaimer: The usual ;)
    Use at your own risk, I won't be responsible for any damages caused to your Transformer or to yourself.
    In most cases if something breaks, flashing a rom on top should fix it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    KatKiss-MarshMallow, ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Contributors
    timduru
    Source Code: https://github.com/timduru

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-02-19
    Last Updated 2018-10-19
    Tips

First Install
    Make sure you do a format /data the first time you install the rom
    (backup your internal storage first if you want to keep something)

The first boot after a rom flash can take a few minutes as ART is slower than dalvik to optimize the applications, but is faster after the 1st time.
    (First boot takes ~4-5 minutes without gapps and 10+ minutes with gapps)
    Also keep in mind that after a fresh install, it might take a bit of time to get up to full speed as media scanner & google are checking/scanning and restoring stuff.

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth might require to be turned on twice before it scans and displays the available devices.

Wallpaper Modes
    Different Wallpaper modes have been added in Settings => Display
    ** Normal (regular android mode)
    ** Disable System Wallpaper rendering (set as default)
    ** Disable Wallpaper service

2nd setting will prevent the wallpaper being rendered by the system making things faster and also freeing resources
    That's the recommended setting you want to use if you are using a launcher that has internal wallpaper rendering
    The Default included Launcher3 has internal rendering
    For Nova: Go to its Settings => Desktop => Wallpaper Scrolling => Force, then set a wallpaper.
    (You will see a black wallpaper if you're not using a launcher that can do internal rendering, If wallpaper is important and that you want to keep your current launcher, then switch back to the 1st setting)

Youtube
    Depending on your network and tablet load, 720p videos might not play or take longer to buffer.
    Switch to 480p in that case.
    Some videos are also 720p60fps so you might need to switch back to 480p for these too.
    You can also try an older youtube version and disable auto updates: youtube-v5.0.21

Google Play Movies
    Our current Widevine DRM libs are not compatible in MM.
    So you can't play a movie on the tablet with Google Play Movies as it requires that.
    Starting a movie to play on chromecast should be fine as the drm will be the chromecast one in that case.

Now On Tap
    Now On Tap requires the nano opengapps version, however our default /system partition is too small to accommodate them.
    So if you want to install the nano or bigger opengapps version, you'll need to repartition the storage space first using Bigwheelie for extended partitions
    Then activate Now on Tap from google now settings

Hardware keyboard layouts
    More languages have been added in the default asusec keyboard
    Set the keyboard layout through Settings => Language & Input => asusec => setup keyboard layouts
    These also allow live switching without reboot with ctrl + space

Global Key Override/Shorcut Mecanism
    Available in Settings => Dock => Add Key Override Actions

This will allow you not only to redefine function keys assignment, and other special keys actions,
    but you'll also be able to assign global macro actions / app launch to any key + Meta key combination (shift Left or Right , ctrl..)

You can also add multiple actions to one key combination, simply click again on the "+" button for the same key combination.
    For example if you want to assign to one key combination a list of action to run before going to bed for example, like: turn wifi off, Bluetooth off, mute sound, and turn screen off, you can do that :)
    Note that starting multiple applications with one key is kinda a miss and hit for the moment due to some mecanism in android that seems to prevent applications to start too close to each others.

Storage (fstrim) and Database optimization:
    Fstrim is native since 4.3 and will happen in the background if your tablet is idle / sleeping and that your battery is > 70%
    There is also a script to run it manually in the rom: /etc/kat/optimizestorage

To optimize the Database: /etc/kat/optimizedb

To run both, open a terminal and run:
    su
    /etc/kat/optimize
    New Version #026

attachment.php
    New rom version available: KatKiss-6.0_026.zip

ChangeLog:

- Upgrade to Marshmallow-MR2-release
    - Update to May Marshmallow release
    - Update to June Marshmallow release
    - Soft Keyboard: disable physical ALT Key mapping by default
    New Version #029

attachment.php

ChangeLog:
    - update BookmarkSync
    MultiWindow

Multiwindow allows you to split the screen in 2, 3 or 4 panes
    you can switch an app back and forth between multiwindow mode and regular mode while it's running

attachment.php

NavBar:
    - To switch between full screen and split View you can use the
    attachment.php
    NavBar Buttons
    The app that currently has the focus (or the latest used app if you're on the Desktop) will be used for the main pane (left and/or top depending on the mode and rotation)
    And it will lay the remaining most recently used apps in the rest of the available 1-2-3 panes depending on the icon you click

- If you press a multiwindow icon again when in splitview mode, it'll bring the focused app back to fullscreen mode.

- To swap the 2 latest focused apps location / pane , long press on the
    attachment.php
    NavBar Button

- To change focus simply Tap on the app or use the
    attachment.php
    NavBar Button
    That button can also be used in non multiwindow mode to switch quickly between the 2 most recent apps.

Global Actions:
    Actions to switch the app between fullscreen / splitview 2-3-4 panes, swap, or switch between the 2 most recent apps have been added
    so you can bind them to a key / key combination with the Global KeyOverride or long press on navbar button too.

Note: Most apps works ok in splitview mode, but some of them might crash or not refresh correctly sometime.

To manually position an app in one of the pane:
    For the moment either reorder your apps before clicking on an auto mode icon,
    or you can also activate the default Marshmallow Multiwindow mode to get extra icons to positions an app in a specific pane (activate it in developer options )
    Then position the apps with the icons from the Recents screen. (default MM recents icons are for 2 or 4 panes)