[OFFICIAL] [6.0] AOKP Marshmallow feature suggestions and feedback

What features you wanna see added in AOKP ?

• Total voters
Search This thread
G

GuestD0701

I have flashed many versions of latest nightlies in the last week or so and none of them will boot past the boot animation.

On Nexus 6p - Angler - with latest vendor, radio, recovery, and bootloader flashed before flashing aokp. I will send logs, but need to know where I will find them....

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

How long did you have to wait for the rom to boot? I can't get any of them to boot and I have left the phone for 10-20 minutes.
Doesn't ever take more than 3-4 mins max. You on latest vendor.img, if not I'd grab factory image qmd extract vendor and flash it via twrp 3001 and see if it will boot.. If that doesn't work try another kernel and see if that works. I know one of the guys working on aokp for us is super busy and has a new child and also maintains Screw'd.. Idk the other person who works on it but there's 2 guys from what I've read on Aokp G+ community.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

matesurano

Oct 11, 2014
If possible, kindly try to include these features:
1. Floating windows (integrated into App circle bar/ App side bar) with single tap.
2. Open Heads Up notifications in floating windows(single tap).
3. PA HALO.
These would be enough for the time being.

str8str

Apr 1, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Awesome just noticed this. Really good to see aokp back in action. Can't wait for all the cool features to be added especially some from the past that were great. Is there a feature list as of yet? Tia

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

flexyp

Jul 28, 2016
I can't flash a ROM with my techno H5, is it that no ROM has been design for my phone model ??

Sent from my TECNO H5 using XDA Free mobile app

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Anyone knows what is the best place/forum to report bugs? The bugtracker on the AOKP website seems ancient and specific to Xperia devices

str8str

Apr 1, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Says in op to post here and they will look periodically but haven't seen much or many replies in a while. I know building is still active nightliies are still being built so don't know why no replies here???

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Says in op to post here and they will look periodically but haven't seen much or many replies in a while. I know building is still active nightliies are still being built so don't know why no replies here???

I noticed, maybe I'll try through github. They are very active building tne rom, but not much interaction with people ...

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Free mobile app

JMarvelous

Apr 21, 2016
Orlando, FL
Aww man. Do you think you'd be able to support the LG G4 Stylo? Metro/TMO. I personally would be so damn appreciative if you guys did that. Im happy to offer anything I can to help. System files etc...

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Aww man. Do you think you'd be able to support the LG G4 Stylo? Metro/TMO. I personally would be so damn appreciative if you guys did that. Im happy to offer anything I can to help. System files etc...

Your best chance is if you ask someone who is already building cm or another cm based rom for this phone.

JMarvelous

Apr 21, 2016
Orlando, FL
Meh, the people trying to port CM are having issues with just that so I won't bug them for new ports. I believe I will just keep investing time learning android coding enough to do my own port. Thank you for your time. :D

Reactions: SHABBYLEA

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Meh, the people trying to port CM are having issues with just that so I won't bug them for new ports. I believe I will just keep investing time learning android coding enough to do my own port. Thank you for your time. :D

Team up with them and help because until CM doesn't happen this will not happen for you either. AOKP is CM based and it uses the same device tree. Once the kernel and device tree is sorted out, all CM based ROMs will become available or easy to build. At that point I can guide you too.

JMarvelous

Apr 21, 2016
Orlando, FL
Well they recently finkshed the 12.1 build of CM for this crappy phone...I have to clean my pc off and reinstall all my android dev tools (i.e. AndroidStudio and so on) and some other things. Hopefully won't take too long. When I'm finished I WILL be contacting you since you said you could guide me. One question, (I'm pretty new to all this) if I do manage to make this rom, instead of tge CM Theme Engine, could you guide me how to make this AOKP an OMS/ (Substratum) or Layers/RRO based ROM? Hopefully I cant start clean the PC up today sonetime. Thank you very much sir for instilling hope in me for this phone again.

Reactions: PippoX3

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Well they recently finkshed the 12.1 build of CM for this crappy phone...I have to clean my pc off and reinstall all my android dev tools (i.e. AndroidStudio and so on) and some other things. Hopefully won't take too long. When I'm finished I WILL be contacting you since you said you could guide me. One question, (I'm pretty new to all this) if I do manage to make this rom, instead of tge CM Theme Engine, could you guide me how to make this AOKP an OMS/ (Substratum) or Layers/RRO based ROM? Hopefully I cant start clean the PC up today sonetime. Thank you very much sir for instilling hope in me for this phone again.
Sorry man, I never noticed your question. Hope you managed to make your build. AOKP nougat has OMS support now, works well with Substratum

Reactions: JMarvelous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,

AOKP builds for marshmallow are being available slowly for many devices here
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/aokp

This is like pre-alpha level. We are porting and developing a lot of features. Our review at gerrit.aokp.co is very active.

Anyone wants to directly communicate to AOKP team about features - any suggestions and feedback is welcome - please use this thread.
    We will try to keep an eye on this thread and respond as much as it is possible for us.

Thanks.
    I have added a poll, but this ain't no US elections. We will take into consideration the votes - but we'll add features as per our ability and willingness :p

But still I'll keep new features submitted to gerrit in the poll, so we know which ones to merge, which ones to abandon
    Do you guys have any available server for compiling UNOFFICIAL builds? It would help a lot since my device has many variants, every single one takes about two hours to build in my PC. I'm updating LG G2 (the international variant) in this moment to test it out, I have a great experience in coding but a limited time to contribute, although I'll figure out how to help in something. I also build for Motorola Moto E 2014 for personal usage.
    How about AOKP logo in statusbar?that would be so DOPE.
    Hello, please add support for xperia zl