FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

!Hard-brick (qhsusb_dload) after OTA2014 reduced flash? back alive via RIFF-Box JTAG!

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By kimba99, Senior Member on 19th January 2014, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2014, 05:53 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

impressive!!!

great info!

i wonder how many brave souls will ever try this. a new phone for $200 might be the easier route for most people.

well, there were still a few un-backup'ed photos and 1 week of sms on it i wanted to recover! likewise, as the Dinc4g is _not_ available in Europe at all ... i had to _import_ another one (so now i have temporarily 2 ) ... costing me S&H + import taxes in addition ... plus the JTAG fee. still it was/is worthwhile for me. ... as i love the design and power of the fireball!!

maybe i'll try to resize the partitions of system/cache a bit to enlarge the always too full userdata-partition. ((just dunno HOW to do it yet))

10th April 2014, 04:05 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How would you suggest updating the radio and not bricking? I'm soff with the 0919 baseband. I'd like to flash the new radio but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
7th August 2014, 09:15 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same problem here.
I have a Incredible 4G board with the same problem. I think it's the same case of this post.

But at least I can boot the board in the bootloader mode, even I tried to reflash the RUU.zip (hboot 1.02 ) via microsd without luck

The HBOOT version says 1.15. ¿ideas?

The bootloader is in S-ON.
10th October 2014, 05:27 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
if anyone has trouble rooting like i did using the given methods, just go to rumrunner directly and try their method after all drivers, should get you going
10th December 2014, 04:49 PM |#25  
Flag Morristown, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Has anyone figured out how to recovery qhsusb_dload mode? Is there instructions on using RIFF-Box jtag? Where would I get started? Is there any other way now?
19th January 2015, 11:18 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Lg optmius f7 brick...
I have lg optimus f7 with the qsusb_dload brick how do I fix it
22nd January 2016, 09:57 PM |#27  
Flag Antananarivo

More
The only solution I've found is jtagg with riffbox
29th June 2016, 07:35 AM |#28  

More
hard bricked my htc droid increadible 4g Please help
Please Help
15th July 2016, 08:38 AM |#29  

More
please help me
i am keshav

skeshav628@gmail.com
23rd August 2016, 02:44 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba99

further hunting the web and lots of reading here on XDA (for similarly bricked mobiles ... from almost every manufacturer!) ... the easiest (albeit not always working) idea comes down to the following:

getting a direct dump from the eMMC memory of a running/working system in a known good state:

Is anyone willing to dump the partition table/bootloader part from their working Dinc4G with FW 2.17.605.2 (the regular ICS4.0.4 without the most current 2014 OTA) for me?... best would be from an S-OFF device like mine i assume, just to make sure it matches my situation, but S-ON should also work, as it's just for recovery-boot via microSD (if it work's on a Dinc4G)

in a busybox or other terminal as root (aka: su mode)

this will dump the first 128MB of your own eMMC (internal memory) including your current and working partition table and some of the boot partitions

then just zip that "backup.bin" (which should greatly reduce its size!) ... uploaded it somewhere and forward me the link ...

thanks for your help!!!

Please tell me how you do this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dinc4g, fireball, firmware, qhsusb_dload, qpst

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)