By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2010, 05:27 AM |#5381  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I've rewritten the touchscreen driver and now vogue, kaiser and polaris all share the same driver, the old driver was horrible! I also made some panel changes to vogue and polaris which save lots of power during suspend on my pola200. Audio input is still broken on kaiser and polaris. New NBHs for all devices are on my site.

Awesome, but what do you mean audio input is broken still?
16th June 2010, 07:11 AM |#5382  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,055

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myn

Hey dzo,

I just gave zImage-16-06-10 a try.

It seems as though the touch input isn't as sensitive and responsive as it was previously for me on the vogue using Warm Eclair.

It seemed as though upon rebooting into Android the first minute of use the touch input was not responding. I let it sit and it got better but it still seems a little off. I find myself tapping on things I didn't mean to touch and double tapping things that didn't activate. For example the notification bar seems harder to pull down now. I used to be able to flick it down really fast. I find myself having to click on the home screen launcher and keys on the keyboard multiple times to activate them.

I'd love to hear other peoples experiences with the new touchscreen driver.

I made some changes to improve the ts sensitivity and put new NBHs (same name, different timestamp) on the website.
16th June 2010, 12:00 PM |#5383  
Thanks Meter: 1,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I made some changes to improve the ts sensitivity and put new NBHs (same name, different timestamp) on the website.

For Kaiser users, try echo "3072" > /sys/module/tsc2003/parameters/sensitivity

At least on my Kaiser that value works great with the new touchscreen driver.
16th June 2010, 12:33 PM |#5384  
Thanks Meter: 2,993

Donate to Me
More
I know, this is Kernel Thread for Vogue...
Nevertheless the information for you, that with the actual kernel, Audio on HTC Nike seems to be broken. Ring- and Media tones sound "cracking" and are very silent. Volume can't be adjusted anymore...
16th June 2010, 02:20 PM |#5385  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I get a force close on screen calibration now running:

Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010]
voguimg-240x320-16-06-10.nbh
16th June 2010, 10:10 PM |#5386  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Audio on sleep
Anyone else having issues keeping audio playing when the screen goes off? Had to switch back to 5.29 kernel. Sent a PM to dzo about this, but wanted to check in with everyone else.
17th June 2010, 04:09 AM |#5387  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xport

I get a force close on screen calibration now running:

Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010]
voguimg-240x320-16-06-10.nbh

I've added an interface to the old calibration mechanism, calibration should work for all devices now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersonian

Anyone else having issues keeping audio playing when the screen goes off? Had to switch back to 5.29 kernel. Sent a PM to dzo about this, but wanted to check in with everyone else.

Works fine for me on Donut, perhaps it's an eclair problem.
17th June 2010, 04:17 AM |#5388  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
DZO,

I have a kaiser, I only see a panel 2 on your site for the new NBH how can I change it to 3 if I need to? Also is there any different if I am using eclair or donut for the NBH also ?

Keep up the great work!

God Bless,
Christopher
17th June 2010, 04:25 AM |#5389  
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritssight

DZO,

I have a kaiser, I only see a panel 2 on your site for the new NBH how can I change it to 3 if I need to? Also is there any different if I am using eclair or donut for the NBH also ?

Keep up the great work!

God Bless,
Christopher

Use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=689812
17th June 2010, 08:07 AM |#5390  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I am a new member and I have been using Warm Donut RLS5 and using the 06-17-10 320x480 nbh and I really like the improvements each new nbh brings but one thing I noticed compared to the old releases is that now when I turn on my phone and it hast the Linux boot screen, if I touch the screen it triggers something like a button press would. Is this intentional?

It also launched the installation menu if I touched the screen and held down on it until the installation screen launches

Yeah, sorry, not to sound like I'm complaining but is this a new feature?
17th June 2010, 01:42 PM |#5391  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I've added an interface to the old calibration mechanism, calibration should work for all devices now.

Thanks dzo, off to flash....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)