They found a fix for Nougat bricked phones in N6 thread!

Search This thread
As title says, but we need a working backup. Mine is broken, can someone upload a working one, plz?

This is the howto:
1. Flash a stock image (I used the August stock image MTC20F)
2. Fastboot flash TWRP 3.0.2-0
3. Boot into TWRP
4. Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select and repair each partition individually (some won't be able to, and that's fine, just move on to the next one)
5. Restore a full nandroid backup (make sure everything is selected) and reboot
6. You should now be free of the never ending boots, and if your device is bootlooped at this point (stuck at the boot animation), you can just flash stock again.

Reactions: Danielf85

Danielf85

Mar 9, 2013
Poland
Thanks for this solution. But I have a problem because after installing the rom file .tot have a locked bootloader, and at this moment I can not do flash twrp.
In order to unlock the bootloader command "fastboot oem unlock" I get the answer that it is not possible. NTR it can not unlock it.
Goes some way to upload twrp with a locked bootloader or a way to unlock?

Reactions: Huskehn

Huskehn

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for this solution. But I have a problem because after installing the rom file .tot have a locked bootloader, and at this moment I can not do flash twrp.
In order to unlock the bootloader command "fastboot oem unlock" I get the answer that it is not possible. NTR it can not unlock it.

My bootloader is locked, too. The only way to write to the phone seems to be via download mode, but flashing LGH790AT-00-V10f-NXS-XXX-OCT-03-2015-32G-MDA89E-US.tot doesn't work...

Danielf85

Mar 9, 2013
Poland
To install twrp we need to unlock the bootloader.
However, when the command "fastboot oem unlock" system gives the answer
FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)
Then how to unlock?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Then how to unlock?

There's really nothing you can do to force an unlock. If you can adb sideload a full OTA zip (say for 7.0) from Google and get that to boot up, that's pretty much your best bet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ndhusn

Feb 6, 2014
I followed all the steps except I can't boot to recovery...when I try (manually via ADB or automatically using Wug's tool) it just goes back into the bootloop. I can't even boot temporarily to recovery (without flashing). I'm getting close to throwing in the towel...

SlimFatso

Jan 22, 2013
Sofia
Did not work for me, sadly

Edit: Here's how I managed to fix the problem

1. Moved Nandroid backup to PC.
2. Download factory image MTC20F from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.
3. Install factory image (This will erase all data on your phone so move your files to your PC).
4. Install TWRP 3.0.2-0 from https://dl.twrp.me/bullhead/twrp-3.0...lhead.img.html via fastboot.
5. Go in TWRP>Wipe>Advanced Wipe and repair all partitions that can be repaired (System, Data, Cache).
6. Restore Nandroid backup.
7. Success.

Hope it works for other people too, cheers :)

Last edited:

Portlander97205

Sep 7, 2016
Anyone in Portland Oregon and want to take a crack at unbricking my 5x? LG gave me an RMA, but given it's not a hardware issue, I'm thinking it will be a waste of time to send it in -- I'm worried they'll just say "all your hardware is fine". Happy to buy drinks or pay a bit if someone can get me up and running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As title says, but we need a working backup. Mine is broken, can someone upload a working one, plz?

This is the howto:
    1. Flash a stock image (I used the August stock image MTC20F)
    2. Fastboot flash TWRP 3.0.2-0
    3. Boot into TWRP
    4. Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select and repair each partition individually (some won't be able to, and that's fine, just move on to the next one)
    5. Restore a full nandroid backup (make sure everything is selected) and reboot
    6. You should now be free of the never ending boots, and if your device is bootlooped at this point (stuck at the boot animation), you can just flash stock again.

My bootloader is locked, too. The only way to write to the phone seems to be via download mode, but flashing LGH790AT-00-V10f-NXS-XXX-OCT-03-2015-32G-MDA89E-US.tot doesn't work...
    Then how to unlock?

There's really nothing you can do to force an unlock. If you can adb sideload a full OTA zip (say for 7.0) from Google and get that to boot up, that's pretty much your best bet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk