• Not needed :)

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

drt0

Dec 22, 2013
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hi, I'm currently on stock but would like to try this ROM out. My concern is that the phone is still in warranty and I don't want to void it if something happens. I have heard some people say there are ways around Samsung's warranty check; is this true and how do you do it? I'd also like to save my current setup if I want to go back stock. Is there anything like windows full backups; what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help in advance :)

kostassfirakis

Dec 19, 2015
Elounda
No it doesn't work. The SeLinux permission is not addressed in RAM disk.
Ok so everyone has to flash emabertax or renix kernel to fix offline charging? (this should be posted here btw..) I thought they made an improvement at least but every thing seems pretty much the same.. anyways... they should fix that tho.

Sent from my s3 neo using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Zola III

Aug 26, 2011
Sarajevo
Ok so everyone has to flash emabertax or renix kernel to fix offline charging? (this should be posted here btw..) I thought they made an improvement at least but every thing seems pretty much the same.. anyways... they should fix that tho.

Sent from my s3 neo using XDA-Developers mobile app
Not really. I am being bugging Nicola for a long time now to get it fixed & he promised me he will soon enough. Everything else is pretty much worser, this is a clean non Franken Kernel. It's the same regarding the git (same base) as they never changed anything (that really matters) nor contributed much.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Hi, I'm currently on stock but would like to try this ROM out. My concern is that the phone is still in warranty and I don't want to void it if something happens. I have heard some people say there are ways around Samsung's warranty check; is this true and how do you do it? I'd also like to save my current setup if I want to go back stock. Is there anything like windows full backups; what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help in advance :)
No you're warranty is void as soon as you root the phone & install anything even if you use kernel exploit to do it. (Knox won't show the code) but their is a other counter... So they will in the service know for certain.
As soon as you root & install costume recovery make a full manual backup of the firmware (stock Rom)! You can skip a data partition if you like (installed apps). By all means do include EFS partition in backup!!!

Best regards.

drt0

Dec 22, 2013
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
No you're warranty is void as soon as you root the phone & install anything even if you use kernel exploit to do it. (Knox won't show the code) but their is a other counter... So they will in the service know for certain.
As soon as you root & install costume recovery make a full manual backup of the firmware (stock Rom)! You can skip a data partition if you like (installed apps). By all means do include EFS partition in backup!!!

Best regards.

Thanks, I'll consider my options and definitely backup in the way you described if I go for it :good:

milad.bmi

Sep 16, 2011
sari
anybody have any problem with instagram?? video playback lagging when play several videos. how can i solve this problem??

Stuart0610

Feb 20, 2016
be2dc4d19de6c6f1370dd7be933e6936.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo[LEGACY]

5ZlbRXW.png

NOTE: PLEASE ALSO READ ALL OF THE FAQ IN THE SECOND POST. IT COVERS MANY OF THE COMMON PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS!

CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lolipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Changelog:
    https://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/s3ve3g/

Requirements:
    • Custom recovery (either TWRP or CyanogenMod)
    • Soon other things will be added

Known Bugs/Issues: (fixed nightly date)
    • NFC
    • If camera not working flash this: LINK
    • Offline charging(02.09.2016)
    • (Please don't ask ETA for any bug fixes)

Bug reports for this ROM should be officially submitted via CyanogenMod's Jira bug tracking sytstem. Please fully read the FAQ entry on bugs and bug submission before submitting any tickets.

FAQ, other information:
    Soon

Download:
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=s3ve3g

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
    Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

Thanks to These People:
    Zola
    @rox
    Abhisek Devkota
    Samsung Devs
    CyanogenMod Devs

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Contributors
    n1kolaa, Zola III
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-22
    Beta Release Date: 2015-10-19

Created 2015-09-23
    Last Updated 2018-05-14
    Donations for s3 dual sim

Use "Send payment" option on paypal
    @Ahmad Tawfik: 1,62 USD; 1,18 USD
    @S3-Neo 5 USD
    @naik2902 6.00 USD
    @aelfinn 5.51 USD
    @St.Ungulant 5.49 USD
    Ulrich 10.99 USD!
    @Droidaner 13.49 US
    I need about 50 euros for used dual sim phone :)
    Today will be relased new relase,
    changes: LINK
    offline charging shoud be fixed thanks to @iBullRay
    add some security patches to kernel and some perfomances inprovment
    If you use xposed and rom get buggy i cant help you i dont support custom kernels and xposed...
    CM12.1 is dead. Will start soon cm13.0 biringup with that kernel that i used on cm12.1 CM13.0 is now builded weekly
    This is updated kernel with more security patches. Thanks for donation Ahmed i recived it! If cm13.0 get booted i will make new thread. After cm13.0 will try to build cm14.1 too. My eta is new year!
    http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/wiCqiIxu/file.html
    i found more optimizations for kernel and rom. Speed are now 2x more than stock, but im realy sory no time right now to mess with cm13.0 it need a lot things from cm and from us but im 1000% shure most of bug are due to problem with updateded blobs on vendor. I will relase next cm12.1 updata sometime next week. I hope you all enjoyed 09. update. :)
    I must to study hard untill june then if theres no stabile cm13 i will inprove it or make better bringup but will see what time will bring tu us :) I hope most of you you will understood me. This takes a lot time and collage too but collage is inportant and this is just hoby :)