Other device, comarisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Search This thread

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
Wow! I wonder if the battery will be user removable and if there will be a SDcard slot. If not, I want a 128gb version. Battery I can live with if it gets life on par with note 3, or better.
And it better have an ir blaster.

5.9 is not much bigger than our 5.7 note 3's and especially if they have a thinner bezel.
And TWO 'blacked out' front facing speakers!? Fekk yes!

aren't you glad you didn't pull the trigger on the I phone 6 plus now bataga? I'm sure it's a good phone but cmon, android L!

Ah jeez... I'm gonna miss my S-Pen and Samsung's WatchOn for sure

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Bataga

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
VERY happy I didn't get the iPhone lol.
I can live with the non-removable battery since I've never needed it to be on any phone I've owned except for the GS2. Expandable storage isn't necessary and 32 gigs is good enough for me since I don't use much on my actual phone other than storing ROMs and stuff.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
Galaxy Note 4 SPen features. Will they be ported to the Spen for the Galaxy Note 3?

wiseguywood

Dec 31, 2010
I am a far better lurker than poster, but those of you still on the T-Mo Note 3. I have a question, it's getting a bit harder for me to see my phone screen. I am using 2 different phones. A Windows Based Lumia 925 and yes and old SGS2 (recently picked one up for next to nothing and yes, I rooted it, so I am not completely ignorant, lol). Anyway I've been looking around jealously at some of my friends' phones and I think it's time to go up a notch to a 5+ inch screen. Cost is always a consideration as well since I've got 3 people on my plan, and yes, I've been known to be a bit on the cheap side sometimes -- SGS2, I mean, can you see??

Several options I'm looking at would include, SG Note 3 (even the SG Note 2), and the LG G2, G3 and the LG Flex 1. I'd prefer to stick with the T-Mobile versions, because, well, they are just easier to deal with on a day to day basis. The SGS2 with stock rom can even use wifi calling. What about the SG Notes? Or the G2/3?

I would love to hear anyone chime in on any of the above , I'd greatly appreciate it, even if it is just about the good old SG Note 3. It's at the top of my list anyway.

Much appreciated

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT

Attachments

• 1425492037142.jpg
    1425492037142.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

411y0ur8453

Mar 22, 2015
Anybody here looking to get the Note 5 this year? Or are you looking at an S6? Why either or?

Kind of excited for the UFS 2.0, but not looking forward to paying a premium for upgraded storage capacity.

It is kind of irritating to watch Samsung and Google morph into Apple. Taking away options, then charging us for them.

spriteboost

Dec 4, 2012
Romeo Michigan
Waiting on the specs of the new note 5 but doubtfull i'll get it, note 3 has been more than enough for me lately, and the updates to the phones are almost of no real value 4k display waste imho waste of battery life. Also if they get rid of removable battery and sd card no way in hell lol those are features I use and love and don't want to pay premium for storage that I really could care less for that much faster transfer speeds sd cards for me have been plenty enough. Not saying its nice for the onboard storage to be that high but not for the price they're charging for it, if it where comparable to sd cards hell yea i'd do it but it's not ah well. There's my rant of boredum hope they make the new note 5 great if they do I may be tempted to upgrade .

sgamer395

Aug 16, 2014
Feedback on Note 3

I am a far better lurker than poster, but those of you still on the T-Mo Note 3. I have a question, it's getting a bit harder for me to see my phone screen. I am using 2 different phones. A Windows Based Lumia 925 and yes and old SGS2 (recently picked one up for next to nothing and yes, I rooted it, so I am not completely ignorant, lol). Anyway I've been looking around jealously at some of my friends' phones and I think it's time to go up a notch to a 5+ inch screen. Cost is always a consideration as well since I've got 3 people on my plan, and yes, I've been known to be a bit on the cheap side sometimes -- SGS2, I mean, can you see??

Several options I'm looking at would include, SG Note 3 (even the SG Note 2), and the LG G2, G3 and the LG Flex 1. I'd prefer to stick with the T-Mobile versions, because, well, they are just easier to deal with on a day to day basis. The SGS2 with stock rom can even use wifi calling. What about the SG Notes? Or the G2/3?

I would love to hear anyone chime in on any of the above , I'd greatly appreciate it, even if it is just about the good old SG Note 3. It's at the top of my list anyway.

Much appreciated

Hi wiseguywood,
I've been using my T-Mobile Note 3 since December 2013, and it's held up pretty well. One thing I like specifically about the T-Mobile variant is the unlocked bootloader and software support from the international community. As for the phone itself, the screen is great, battery life is above average, and the Snapdragon 800 SoC handles most everything you can throw at it. The camera, which uses a 12.8MP Sony IMX135 sensor, does stumble in low light compared to newer devices, but is fine in good light and includes features like 4K30, 1080p60, and 720p120 video, HDR, panorama, the usual. The S pen is one of the differentiating features and can be useful for productivity or just doodling in S Note. A bonus is USB 3.0, which can speed up file transfers. Just remember that you can still use regular 5-pin micro-USB 2.0 cables, just plug them in on the right side. Overall, I would recommend this phone to others. If you have any further questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer them
sgamer395

Reactions: wiseguywood

krise1985

Sep 1, 2015
jus came from lg g3 to note 3

i like thwe note 3 the size the spen but i feel like my g3 was snappier andfaster ..... but so far i love the note 3 can anyone reccomend a good holster case combo that is good for me as i work in construction but dont wanna pay otterbox prices . other than that im a new member and this is first post

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
i like thwe note 3 the size the spen but i feel like my g3 was snappier andfaster ..... but so far i love the note 3 can anyone reccomend a good holster case combo that is good for me as i work in construction but dont wanna pay otterbox prices . other than that im a new member and this is first post

Don't know if you found a case yet or not, but I use the D30 case also known as Tech21. I use these case's for all my phones. Not too bulky, but protect's it very well.

Chris

krise1985

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks

Don't know if you found a case yet or not, but I use the D30 case also known as Tech21. I use these case's for all my phones. Not too bulky, but protect's it very well.

Chris

I ended up with a spigen slim case and a leather belt holster because that's all they had at my local best buy I'm in the process of finding a new case that protects my phone more so I'm probably jus spend the 70$ on the otterbox defender with the holster AL already latest down the glass screen protector .I bought the phone used so it's not in perfect shape but I think the charging port is messed up because my mhl adapter won't work but works my girlfriends note 4 and when u use the USB 3.0 the port on the right side were u plug in regular micro USB will go in further and and the USB 3.0 cable is crooked wen it's plugged in

im thinking abt buying either the LG Optimus G Pro or the note 3. which do u think is better and why?
The G pro is a good device and charges fast with good battery life. Note 3 I think is thinner and very comfortable without a case and slightly is a better device but this is coming from a year from owning between the two. Id dare to say a note 2 is probably a better comparison.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the Note III in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
    Just upgraded to a T-Mo Note 3 from an AT&T branded HTC One X (unlocked and on T-Mo). Looking forward to joining this community. Cheers! :cheers:
    I just switched from the HTC One to a Note 3. We all know the features etc etc, and all I will say is I like the Note 3 much better even though I was in love with my One. I was afraid of the size of a note trying to carry in my pocket and I will say that its not a big deal at all (I'm 6-2 225 so I have big pockets) :D The S-pen is a huge pleasant surprise. I never used one before and it just makes things much easier for the things I need my phone for. There is a cure for one-handed operation where you can shrink the screen and move it to a side where you hand is. I can go on and on but I'm still learning about it and after 2 days my mind is blown away with what this thing will do. Oh.............and don't forget an SD card slot inside...HUGE. Just my 2c ;)

Another handy trick is you can set up app couples for multi window so you tap one icon to launch to apps at the same time. Very handy if you use two apps for multi window a lot.

Sent from my Jedi powered Note 3
    Not going to wait out for the max version ? Howard forums reviewed the M8 ( mate?) And said the One had better Boom Sound. I must confess that I do like the premium fit and finish of the M8 however I know in my heart a smaller screen that what I'm currently using might bug me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ive loved HTC since the Ipaq. And as you all know (specially from my sig) i've modded roms for almost all the HTC phones. The DNA was a let down because Verizon discontinued it 3 months after release. So i jumped on the Note bandwagon for resale reasons. I wanted the OG One, but Verizon took so long to release it, it was pointless buying it almost a year after it's outing. Now that the M8 has everything I want, i'm going back to HTC. I love the big screen on the Note 3, but the bugs, even at my level of development can't be fixed. So time to go back to Sense and the easily fixable bugs of High Tech Computers. OH, and i frickin hate the help menu that Sammy has on the phones. I'm tired of getting asked, "ARE YOU SURE" everytime i do anything on this phone. And I really don't appreciate Sammy's , Microsoft approach to it's phones. If i want to use Sammy Search and SVoice, then let me decide, don't make it so that i "HAVE" to use it. I actually like Google Now. So i should be able to make that a short cut. S-Finder is pointless piece of crap.
    Got the phone on Friday, it was delivered in the box with thermal shrink wrap, everything was included except for the T-mobile SIM and the quick start guide. I don't know if it has already been SIM unlocked, I haven't gotten my Straight Talk SIM yet. I checked KNOX, it wasn't tripped. I update when I get my SIM.

That's great news. The wait finally paid off for you!