FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,570

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2016, 09:02 AM |#23571  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Trying to install the latest apk from the OP, but keeps failing "unable to parse".

When I tried installing through terminal emulator (as su) I get:

[INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]

31st August 2016, 10:32 AM |#23572  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olibe

Audiophile with surround sound level 1, perfekt

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Thanks I've tried it and its quite good !!
31st August 2016, 10:53 AM |#23573  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Calling all Viper enthusiasts.... a fellow fan needs help..

V4A is one of the best mods to enter the android world, and its great to see so many new devices entering the Android platform (Car Audio units, Home Media Devices etc..) will we start to see increased compatibility in V4A in other hardware platforms other than just phones?

V4A has revolutionized audio quality, and it seem a shame that its market is narrowly targeted. Im not a developer or anything but would anyone have a any idea how difficult it would be to re-map V4A's say.. "headset" output to SPDIF or HDMI for devices that support such outputs for instance? Does anyone have Viper installed on a non-tablet or phone and managed to get it working? The driver appears to install fine, and is supported but i just cant seem to get the audio redirection to work via required hardware outputs.

Anyone overcome a similar challenge with V4A?

Thanks for any help if any..
LastStandingDroid
31st August 2016, 03:27 PM |#23574  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport2k

Calling all Viper enthusiasts.... a fellow fan needs help..

V4A is one of the best mods to enter the android world, and its great to see so many new devices entering the Android platform (Car Audio units, Home Media Devices etc..) will we start to see increased compatibility in V4A in other hardware platforms other than just phones?

V4A has revolutionized audio quality, and it seem a shame that its market is narrowly targeted. Im not a developer or anything but would anyone have a any idea how difficult it would be to re-map V4A's say.. "headset" output to SPDIF or HDMI for devices that support such outputs for instance? Does anyone have Viper installed on a non-tablet or phone and managed to get it working? The driver appears to install fine, and is supported but i just cant seem to get the audio redirection to work via required hardware outputs.

Anyone overcome a similar challenge with V4A?

Thanks for any help if any..

Hmm I don't think it'll work with chrome cast or hdmi since there's no such option to enable it. It's if you plug in audio cable it'll work

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
31st August 2016, 05:31 PM |#23575  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

Hmm I don't think it'll work with chrome cast or hdmi since there's no such option to enable it. It's if you plug in audio cable it'll work

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Hey LSD, thanks for the reply!

Yes its likely that if i plugged a stereo jack inplace of the SPDIF the source would be pre-processed via V4A. However this introduces a few challenges mainly around my "A/V receiver" 1. My amplifier only supports 2.1 over digital not analog obviously - essentially making my sub inactive when listening to music. 2. Using SPDIF adds scope for DTS 5.1 which analog doesn't.

To be clear, this is not a chrome cast device, its more of an android TV Media Box, abit like these Minix & Beelink devices that are crowding the market of late... Essentially when i bought my Plasma TV 7 years back - smart TVs weren't around. So to make it smarter, i bought one of these devices so i could watch BBC IPlayer, You Tube, Internet etc.. Its great and works well.. Just wished i could get Viper to work with it
31st August 2016, 06:13 PM |#23576  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 556

More
does it require any updates or it will work as is on nougat 7.0 ? because i am thinking about trying it out
31st August 2016, 08:30 PM |#23577  
Thanks Meter: 1,354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport2k

Hey LSD, thanks for the reply!

Yes its likely that if i plugged a stereo jack inplace of the SPDIF the source would be pre-processed via V4A. However this introduces a few challenges mainly around my "A/V receiver" 1. My amplifier only supports 2.1 over digital not analog obviously - essentially making my sub inactive when listening to music. 2. Using SPDIF adds scope for DTS 5.1 which analog doesn't.

To be clear, this is not a chrome cast device, its more of an android TV Media Box, abit like these Minix & Beelink devices that are crowding the market of late... Essentially when i bought my Plasma TV 7 years back - smart TVs weren't around. So to make it smarter, i bought one of these devices so i could watch BBC IPlayer, You Tube, Internet etc.. Its great and works well.. Just wished i could get Viper to work with it

Try setting "Lock Effect Mode" to Headphones--this will treat any output V4A can reach as requesting the processing specified under the Headphones tab.
1st September 2016, 08:33 AM |#23578  
Thanks Meter: 539

More
New version out
2.5.0.5?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1st September 2016, 08:34 AM |#23579  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does this work with Android 7.0 nexus 6p?
1st September 2016, 08:49 AM |#23580  
Thanks Meter: 1,354

More
V4A 2.5.0.5 is out! Get it here!
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEhmrZhNqfWxoyBOG6 Download link

ViperFX 2.5.0.5 has been released!

Attaching it here for you guys to enjoy. Edit: any previous version of V4A needs to be uninstalled first because this new version is signed differently (otherwise it won't be detected as an update and you'd have two V4As clashing with each other on your smartphone

Changelog
1. New UI
2. Added cross-channel ("quad channel") convolver support. This allows faithful reproduction of sound-field effects requiring such cross-channel convolution, such as simulation of speaker soundfield on headphones, or crosstalk cancellation (stereo widening) on stereo speakers.
3. Added FET compressor (new compressor / limiter simulating operation of FET circuits)
4. Support for custom settings storage path (no more looking everywhere in the phone for the settings directory!)
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

To let everybody make use of the cross-channel convolver functionality immediately, I'm linking to my newly created set of cross-channel impulses:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/la2p5ns8ns...201.2.zip?dl=0
edit 2017-02-17: added readme to zip

The 6 IRSes explained:
"Widefield" / "Vivid": widefield impulses offer a wider stereo field while vivid impulses offer more solid out-of-head center imaging.
44100/48000/192000Hz: choose the right IRS based on the sample rate shown in V4A's driver status while headphones are plugged into your Android and playing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cross channel mapping.png
Views:	6508
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	3861336

See attached picture for channel mapping of new cross channel IRSes.
"x" indicates convolution operation here, while "->" indicates a feed rather than equality (since each output channel would be composed of two feeds)
Left channel of audio input x IRS channel 1 -> Left channel of audio output
Left channel of audio input x IRS channel 2 -> Right channel of audio output
Right channel of audio input x IRS channel 3 -> Left channel of audio output

Right channel of audio input x IRS channel 4 -> Right channel of audio output
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.audlabs.viperfx-2.5.0.5-2505-78314.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.61 MB, 10106 views)
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
1st September 2016, 09:30 AM |#23581  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

Attachment 3861326

ViperFX 2.5.0.5 has been released!

Attaching it here for you guys to enjoy.

Changelog
1. New UI
2. Added cross-channel ("quad channel") convolver support. This allows faithful reproduction of sound-field effects requiring such cross-channel convolution, such as simulation of speaker soundfield on headphones, or crosstalk cancellation (stereo widening) on stereo speakers.
3. Added FET compressor (new compressor / limiter simulating operation of FET circuits)
4. Support for custom settings storage path (no more looking everywhere in the phone for the settings directory!)
5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

To let everybody make use of the cross-channel convolver functionality immediately, I'm linking to my newly created set of cross-channel impulses:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4yzaefc4r...201.0.zip?dl=0

The 6 IRSes explained:
"Widefield" / "Vivid": widefield impulses offer a wider stereo field while vivid impulses offer more solid out-of-head center imaging.
44100/48000/192000Hz: choose the right IRS based on the sample rate shown in V4A's driver status while headphones are plugged into your Android and playing.

Attachment 3861336

See attached picture for channel mapping of new cross channel IRSes.
"x" indicates convolution operation here, while "->" indicates a feed rather than equality (since each output channel would be composed of two feeds)
Left channel of audio input x IRS channel 1 -> Left channel of audio output
Left channel of audio input x IRS channel 2 -> Right channel of audio output
Right channel of audio input x IRS channel 3 -> Left channel of audio output

Right channel of audio input x IRS channel 4 -> Right channel of audio output

Sir, do this thread has a telegram group? So, we can discuss real-time there on top of that we get better communication.

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to febry_valdy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift febry_valdy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)