[App] App Data Manage Tool - Create backups from current state of apps and games

Search This thread

mahdi75

Aug 15, 2015
www.ghiasi.net
i m not sure... but try this....(m also not coder) it just an idea

1 : if you can access the directory where the app installed then make zip from the app install folder
2: rename it to Appx.
3: move to backup folder..

this is worked to make an .xap from install file...so,try on appx..let me know it works or not.
i m sure its works.. but i cant make an application due to i dont code this ....;)
Appx not only zip file.
Appxmaker create some files

Yes, creating a zip and renaming it to appx won't work.

But even when I used their tools to create appx and then sign it, I was able to install it but the app crashed immediately. I'm not sure why.

A AJAY

Jun 9, 2015
surat
Yes, creating a zip and renaming it to appx won't work.

But even when I used their tools to create appx and then sign it, I was able to install it but the app crashed immediately. I'm not sure why.

yaa....i test just 10 min ago. simple app zip not work...need some modification.
trying to modify for install using makeappx.exe..but still getting error:(

A AJAY

Jun 9, 2015
surat

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.9 KB · Views: 147

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
For Windows 8.1 appx and Windows 10 Appx it is not the same Makeappx.exe.
Windows 10 Appx
C:"Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\MakeAppx.exe" pack /d F:\Unpackedappx /p F:\Appx\titi66200.appx /l
Windows 8.1 Appx
C:"Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86\MakeAppx.exe" pack /d F:\Unpackedappx /p F:\Appx\titi66200.appx /l

Rebuild Facebook Microsoft (Repack) v10.3.2.0.appxbundle and working

Last edited:

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
Windows 10 Appx
C:"Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\MakeAppx.exe" pack /d F:\Unpackedappx /p F:\Appx\titi66200.appx /l
Windows 8.1 Appx
C:"Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86\MakeAppx.exe" pack /d F:\Unpackedappx /p F:\Appx\titi66200.appx /l

Did you remove any files before packing it?

mahdi75

Aug 15, 2015
www.ghiasi.net
Windows 10 Appx
Windows 8.1 Appx

Yeah, just tried it. it works. Thanks :)

So, creating appx needs a PC, so unfortunately it's currently impossible to create a phone app for this.

dipayans24

Apr 19, 2016
App is working great with v1.5.2, it will be even better if you add a manual refresh button to load apps data and a option to delete a app (useful for deleting sys app like feedback,contact support)

Reactions: augustinionut

xabby666

Account currently disabled
Mar 21, 2012
GB
Hi, thanks for this beatifull app. ;)

With the last insider preview (10.0.14915.1000) last release of the app crash on start (1.5.2.0).

Gh0s7_Dj

Dec 13, 2008
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
(Excep_FromHResult 0x800700B7)

when trying to restore a backup.
Resetting the app didn't help.

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
Lumia 950 XL
Not working with
App:Navigon
Data Size:1.21 GB
error: Insufficient System ressources exist to complete the request service. (Exep_FromHResult 0x800705AA)
File: France.map = 0 real size 434 Mo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App Data Manage Tool is a tool for Windows 10 Mobile devices to create backups from current state of apps and games, and restore them at a later time, or to another phone, or to your phone after a factory reset.

Although Microsoft introduced some APIs to backup apps into OneDrive, many apps still don't use it :( (Hill Climb Racing, WhatsApp, are you listening? :confused:)

This tool helps you to create local backup archives from any of your apps and games; then you can copy them to your PC and then to any phone so you can restore that archive.

Additionally, you can reset the state of apps, which is almost the same as reinstalling them, but is faster :) and also it can be done on some system apps (which you can't reinstall them)

Your phone must be interop unlocked. Here's a quick how to (for Lumias except x50 series):

• Download Interop Tools by Gustave M. (ARM version) and its Dependencies from here and copy them to your phone.
    • Set your phone to Developer Mode (from Settings, Update & security, For Developers)
    • Tap on each of Dependencies from File Explorer, then tap on Interop Tools appx.
    • Open Interop Tools from app list, go to "Interop Unlock", tap on "Restore NDTKSvc" and then reboot your phone.
    • Open Interop Tools again and go to "Interop Unlock", now tap on "Interop/Cap unlock".
    (For x50 series and non-Lumia phones, the steps might be different. search for it)

After you Interop Unlocked your phone, installing App Data Manage Tool is easy.
    • Just get it from the download link below, extract the ZIP and copy its contents to your phone, and tap on the appx from File Explorer to install. (you might need to install Dependencies first)

Download App Data Manage Tool Beta

See and contribute to the source code on GitHub

The interface is easy to use, look yourself ;)
    tHiXF5R.png

cfbBHDv.png

7TsHGWq.png

Changelog
    -----------------------
    v2.2.0:
    • Uses new version of AppListManager, which now has a better way to retrieve legacy apps info.
    v2.1.0:
    • App list caching mechanism for much faster app start.
    • Added the ability to backup legacy apps on SD card.
    • You can now easily create a zip file from installation files of apps. It comes handy when you want to repack an app.
    • UI Improvements.
    v1.5.4:
    • Fixed crash at startup on some devices.
    • Fixed update checker not working correctly.
    v1.5.2:
    • Added link to Store for not currently installed apps.
    • UI Improvements.
    v1.4:
    • Fixed a bug causing some apps to crash after user resets their state.
    • Added an update checker to the app.
    v1.3:
    • Added support for legacy WP8 apps
    • App list is now grouped alphabetically
    v1.1:
    • Initial public release

* This tool is in Beta, malfunctions might happen, and I'm not responsible for any data loss or damage.

* This is the first app I created for unlocked devices, and I'm excited to hear your comments and suggestions :)
    App Data Manage Tool v2.1 released with numerous improvements.

The tool now includes a caching mechanism, so app loads much faster (after initial loading first time you open the app). I'm also releasing this as a separate open-source library, so other apps can take advantage of this method to load information about installed apps quickly.

Other improvements are:
    • Added the ability to backup legacy apps on SD card.
    • You can now easily create a zip file from installation files of apps. It comes handy when you want to repack an app.
    • UI Improvements.
    Hi guys.
    Unfortunately I'm busy these days, so I can't continue updating this tool. I published the source code to my GitHub, so other devs can help improving the app. :)
    i have on suggetion : this app able to do backup apps on phone + sd card (app data) _ you can add a new function to the app to make file from installed apps to .Appx OR .Appxbundle .. so after uninstallation of app ...we dont need to download the app from store.. and we can share the apps..

can this is done? if yes then i think its usefull...

and if done than this app is mindblowing because ...its contain everything app+data...:highfive: