FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,109 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,470
 
By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2016, 03:42 PM |#23591  
Akilesh Akil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Great😍😍
 
 
1st September 2016, 06:21 PM |#23592  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Still doesn't work with DACs on s7 edge unfortunately, I had gotten excited to see an update, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to secone00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift secone00 Ad-Free
1st September 2016, 11:18 PM |#23593  
Senior Member
Flag Nijverdal
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
I've recieved an update of the Samsung stock music player today, and V4A stopped working ever since. Other apps work fine, but V4A stops when I use the music player.

If I reboot, the problem goes away temporarily, but V4A stops again after a minute. I don't get an error message, but I can hear the sound changing.

I've tried compatibility mode, reinstalling the drivers, installing other versions, and moving the app to the system partition.

I'm using android 5.1.1 on a Note 3.

Does anyone know a fix or should I wait for an update?
2nd September 2016, 12:51 AM |#23594  
HIS YB's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JairPaalman

I've recieved an update of the Samsung stock music player today, and V4A stopped working ever since. Other apps work fine, but V4A stops when I use the music player.

If I reboot, the problem goes away temporarily, but V4A stops again after a minute. I don't get an error message, but I can hear the sound changing.

I've tried compatibility mode, reinstalling the drivers, installing other versions, and moving the app to the system partition.

I'm using android 5.1.1 on a Note 3.

Does anyone know a fix or should I wait for an update?

I also started experiencing same problem after the update today, but in my case anytime i tried playing music i have to open v4A before it start picking it up and it goes on and off randomly especially when the screen is off.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd September 2016, 02:14 AM |#23595  
zigbye82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjb

Hi The dropbox link doesnt work unfortunately, but how would you amend the audio_policy.conf? Is that file on the phone? If so do you know the default location as I am unable to find it? I having the problem where it doesnt work on Soundcloud but is fine when using Deezer.

Thanks

That dropbox link is not mine i just shared it because i couldn't find the original post. But that was for getting v4a to work with selinux in enforcing mode anyway.
audio_policy.conf is located in system/etc
You could copy it to sdcard and then to pc and use program like notepad++ to edit the file. (I personally prefer this way as you could view the file format properly as opposed viewing on phone. Also you could edit it on phone using app like root explorer. Just long press and select "open in text editor"
Btw just make a copy of your original audio_policy.conf.
The Following User Says Thank You to zigbye82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zigbye82 Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 03:08 AM |#23596  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbye82

That dropbox link is not mine i just shared it because i couldn't find the original post. But that was for getting v4a to work with selinux in enforcing mode anyway.
audio_policy.conf is located in system/etc
You could copy it to sdcard and then to pc and use program like notepad++ to edit the file. (I personally prefer this way as you could view the file format properly as opposed viewing on phone. Also you could edit it on phone using app like root explorer. Just long press and select "open in text editor"
Btw just make a copy of your original audio_policy.conf.

Oh woah thanks for this. I've been trying to figure out why soundcloud wouldn't work for a couple weeks now.

If you have magisk installed you can easily just drop an edited copy of audio_policy.conf in /magisk/(somemod here)/system/etc and then reboot your phone and it'll work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sivat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sivat Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 03:20 AM |#23597  
guitardedhero's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,773
 
Donate to Me
More
Here's a stock installation of 2.5.0.5 with automatic preinstallation of libraries and driver for either ARM or x86 as determined by the installation script for all devices and OS's compatible with the ViPER4Android apk. This apk seems to use /sdcard/ViPER4Android as the only working ViPER4Android directory which is great news.

Enforcing Selinux functionality is possible with SuperSU as the root management app on the device. Functionality without root requires TWRP and KitKat or lower, and requires TWRP and a custom kernel setting Selinux to Permissive for Lollipop - Nougat. Manipulation of audio_policy configs for maximum processing.

This is a test build requiring a clean /system to test properly. Dirty flashing your current rom zip is sufficient before flashing this test build.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5 guitardedhero.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.28 MB, 6278 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 03:27 AM |#23598  
RSDamasceno's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 315
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Here's a stock installation of 2.5.0.5 with automatic preinstallation of libraries and driver for either ARM or x86 as determined by the installation script for all devices and OS's compatible with the ViPER4Android apk. Enforcing Selinux functionality is possible with SuperSU as the root management app on the device. This apk seems to use /sdcard/ViPER4Android as the only working ViPER4Android directory which is great news.

This is a test build requiring a clean /system to test properly. Dirty flashing your current rom zip is sufficient before flashing this test build.

Thanks, man!

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Someone could make a light material version?
2nd September 2016, 05:01 AM |#23599  
GiRaFa-SAMA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDamasceno

Thanks, man!

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Someone could make a light material version?

Just asking, why do you want a eye-raping version?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
2nd September 2016, 07:43 AM |#23600  
M Huzaifah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Official ViPER4Android FX v2.5.0.5 app download link, http://www.audlabs.com/dists/ViPERFX_v2.5.0.5.apk
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M Huzaifah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M Huzaifah Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 08:15 AM |#23601  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Noob question (sorry):
One of the headphone settings is "Viper-DDC". What does DDC stand for? I understand what it does, but what is "DDC" an acronym for?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes