New feature: XDA-developer encyclopedia

Search This thread

Peter Poelman

Retired Administrator
Jan 19, 2003
Amsterdam
I've built a system where certain words get underlined, and if you let the cursor linger there, a small explanation of that term appears.

This is controlled from the XDA-developer encyclopedia forum, where each topic is a term, and everyone can add explanations.

For instance: the word Wallaby has been underlined with a thin green dotted line. If you linger there, you should get the encyclopedia entry for it.

I'm starting to create some entries, but please all feel free to add entries for difficult terms.

Kaputter

Jan 20, 2003
Bayreuth
Hi there,

cool feature. But it works only with the InternetExplorer.
No helping popup with Netscape 7.1. :cry:

Greetings, Kaputter :shock:

cshields1

Oct 23, 2003
Austin, TX
Popup Killers

I use Panicware's popup killer, internet advertising's gotten way outta hand, which cancels out your forum's popups. There are ways to set the XDA forum as a url not to kill popups. As more and more people try to get rid of these popups, you may suffer with your new feature.

You'd thing these advertisers would learn from the home phone soliciting ... I disconnected my home phone service cuz it got so bad (50+ unsolicited calls a day!).

Maybe if we all disconnect the web, these advertisers will get the message ... yeah, right!

Kill all pop-up advertising, pay what-ever it takes but kill these advertisers!

There, I'm better now .. back to XDA'ing ..:)

Peter Poelman

Retired Administrator
Jan 19, 2003
Amsterdam
macgyver33 said:
great feature! I am also a forums admin could you tell me where you got that little gem?
Just like the donations feature here, I wrote it myself... :)

and if you want any help with PHPBB 206 let me know I have messed around with tons of mods etc. at www.scotts-web.com/phpbb2/ its still very new but giving me great ideas for the use of furms like my game clan uses.
I guess I'll manage... :)

But if you know of good MODs to use here, or have good ideas for new features yet unwritten, by all means please let me know...