[Q] I need help unlocking my Spring Galaxy S4 mini SPH-L520

Search This thread

Kittypoop2

May 12, 2014
So, I'm a total beginner with regards to understanding how to mod your cell phone, but I am tech savvy. I've spent the last week of my life attempting to understand how to Sim unlock my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Sph-L520 so that I would be able to use a prepaid Straight Talk wireless card with it. At first, I thought the process was going to be rather simple. I thought I could just buy a code online. Turns out that this phone isn't a GSM phone, so this type of unlocking isn't possible. I next heard as tip about getting my phone flashed, but apparently flashing is just installing another operating system on your phone. Though I could see how that might be able get around the Sim Unlock, if possible I would like to keep this stock OS. Also, I'm not certain if flashing my phone would automatically enable me to use another carrier. I then learned what rooting was. Though I now understand that I could simply use Kingo to root my phone, I don't know how that would allow me to use another carrier. So i've spent my last week or so understanding all this new terminology, but I still don't have a definitive answer. I really want to thank this board for existing because I've learned a tremendous amount just reading these threads. So if anyone could help me out here that would be great! :laugh:

Last edited:

Kittypoop2

May 12, 2014
So, I'm a total beginner with regards to understanding how to mod your cell phone, but I am tech savvy. I've spent the last week of my life attempting to understand how to Sim unlock my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Sph-L520 so that I would be able to use a prepaid Straight Talk wireless card with it. At first, I thought the process was going to be rather simple. I thought I could just buy a code online. Turns out that this phone isn't a GSM phone, so this type of unlocking isn't possible. I next heard as tip about getting my phone flashed, but apparently flashing is just installing another operating system on your phone. Though I could see how that might be able get around the Sim Unlock, if possible I would like to keep this stock OS. Also, I'm not certain if flashing my phone would automatically enable me to use another carrier. I then learned what rooting was. Though I now understand that I could simply use Kingo to root my phone, I don't know how that would allow me to use another carrier. So i've spent my last week or so understanding all this new terminology, but I still don't have a definitive answer. I really want to thank this board for existing because I've learned a tremendous amount just reading these threads. So if anyone could help me out here that would be great! :laugh:

Can anyone give me anykind of answer, please?

Kittypoop2

May 12, 2014
Are you in the USA, try to contact sprint for the unlock code ... 1-888-226-7212

I did contact sprint, they said that the phone wasn't stolen and that everything was okay. They then transferred me, but told me that they could only give me the msl code. Is that what I need? Would that carrier unlock my phone?

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Last edited:

Kittypoop2

May 12, 2014
I attempted this method, and it didn't work. The phone would not let me flash that rom with odin. It failed every time.

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
I attempted this method, and it didn't work. The phone would not let me flash that rom with odin. It failed every time.

All you have to flash is the modem but that will probably fail also since its not for the mini. You have to find a way to get into the service menu for the mini and then it would more than likely work.

hrvojej

May 26, 2011
Nothing works :(

That's not working either. I have installed Cyanogenmod following:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2669991
but no signal trying to cannot on GSM network.

I have also tried:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530610
but of course that didn't work too, and since Sprint unlock codes doesn't work either it looks like we are stuck :(

My baseband is L520VPUAMK1.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Cheers!

dr.faramroze

Oct 28, 2009
Valsad/Mumbai
Sprint L520 S4 mini is completely unlocked for use of any CDMA 1x/evdo/4G LTE services in the world. Carriers like Smartfren, Intertelekom, Reliance, Tata and MTS will work flawlessly on this phone. Only read its SPC code, make it RUIM only from DFS and insert any CDMA carrier's SIM

helen2

May 19, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A71
I olso bin interested next week I will get a Samsung s4 mini locked Drei (from Autria) I dont still know witch will be the firmware installed but I found a few links+ video (and I think they got something reading this forum ;) I dont know rules if is ageinst then sorry and remove it,I will post a video from youtube I think taht is very clear (also written another way to get in service menu) this is link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8y8D6ECCA I ripit not sure if that works but if u reade somebody posted another way to entr service not evan sure if that work olso with the mini version (i hope so olso for me :victory: ) but if the handy are similar maybe yes the only problem can be the firmare version (and taht is olso my problem i cant fine any downgrade firmware for Drei brand s 4 mini,olso if I unlock it sure I will louse warrenty.
Let me know if the link was usefull for u
Take care
Helen

:cool:

scoopion

Oct 13, 2014
galaxy s4 mini sph-L520

hello
How to convert galaxy s4 mini sph-L520 in gsm for France?
kind regards

Dollallama

Oct 5, 2013
Kyrat
International/domestic sim unlock

The GSM portion of the s4 mini can be unlocked .I'm more than sure of it because I have a friend who has his own method .Look up randy unlocks on ebay.He can do it remotely and will call you on the phone and it only takes thirty minutes. I've unlocked plenty of regular Sprint s4's myself ,that process is very easy.The s4 mini would be too if you could find the modems anywhere.He has never told me how he does it but get ahold of him.

artnau

Sep 8, 2009

Did you try this solution? Give it a try a let me know if it works.

http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/general/sprint-samsung-unlocker-unlock-sprint-t2928250

hcom01

Jun 3, 2016
sph-l520 CDMA-LTE ONLY

Dear friends this phone is only CDMA/LTE you can easily unlock the phone using ssu.apk or z3x box, but it will only work with lte sim card from a different provider.
you can verify this at phonescoop.com.
administrator please close this thread.