[HELP THREAD] HTC ONE M8S - Q&A about Stock Setup | Root ...

Search This thread

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
SlGVko.png

Hi all XDA Member!
I start here a Help Thread for our M8s and I hope this is helpful for you?
You can all questions here write and I`ll also give Support when I have free time.
No inhibitions because I'm a good member here. ;)
Kind regards,
leather.face ... :angel:

I appreciate a lot your understand and Respect!

Last edited:

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
Have not a XDA Member a question about our M8s?
I think this Forum have 24h Support, LOL! :laugh:
I am happy when you write here.
Greetz
leather.face :cool:

Sent from my htc_m8qlul using XDA Labs

Reactions: jonke11

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
Yes, because apk didn't worked,but Iam afraid to flash zip because I can get a bootloop and I don't have firmware to refresh and don't know where to get it

Ah okay I understand!
This is correctly when you flashed my GoldenDroid Zip on the M8s, this can not work for the Moment.
I wrote yesterday or a other day, sure my Zip for the M8 work but jonke11, a lot of Sorry for my mistake!
I have a solution now but for a proper post here or PM to you, I need Free time.
The next question by me now, what for a ROM have you on your device and have you a S-OFF M8s?
I can a little bit help with my Smartphone but I need more information.
Thanks! :angel:

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
The M8s is also a good phone by HTC!
In the Future come for example also a HowTo from me for,
[HELP THREAD][HowTo] GoldenDroid with Stock Settings but with init.d Support for the M8s
XDA members, this is all my goal but all in a good time!
I hope this is helpfully for you?
Kind regards
leather.

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
@leather.face iam using stock marshmallow mate, because there's no good rom for htc m8s. It's s-on now

OK!
I use this also and my M8s is flying high. :good:
In the (M8s) General section is a good, I think, CM12.1 Thread by @voidzero and I look into this thread now.
S-ON is good but recommended is the TWRP recovery!
You can when you will this Unofficial Zip for the M8s test but you need for this a European device.
You must read before you download+Flash!
I have for the moment bad time to write here a proper HowTo and on the other Side, this is only a Q&A Thread by me.
Sure, I help you but read alone+learn!
This is the correctly way for the XDA.
I wish you good Luck and I will stay tuned for you here! ;)
leather.face :highfive:

jonke11

Jul 27, 2011
Kaunas
@leather.face
Iam from Europe mate, I was developer too for xperia neo, after it I've bought z1 and now m8s. So htc have a bit different system, so Iam trying to learn something new. Do you have flashable marshmallow firmware for m8s?

P.s. Iam using twrp

Sent from my HTC One M8s using XDA-Developers mobile app

jonke11

Jul 27, 2011
Kaunas
Hi friend!
Congratulation by me and I`m happy for you, honest. :good:
On what ROM you are now and which path you have to activate the init.d on your phone?
Kind regards
leather.face :fingers-crossed:
PS: A nice Sunday for you mate!
I've just flashed init.d flashable zip mate. Iam on stock Marshmallow

You too mate, have a great day !

Reactions: leather.face

leather.face

Dec 9, 2012
>>> Gera <<<
Hello, on my HTC one m8s i have a problem with my headphone jack. Every headphone i use works for only 1-2 months. It works on other devices. Any idea?

Hi.
Welcome in my Thread here! ;)
I listen to my music through headset etc. M8s, no.
For this reason, I can not judge it! :(
Have you, for example, the support of HTC ever contacted regarding your question?
I find this important!
Best regards,
leather.face :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thankslist:

@jonke11, @smeejaytee, @HermanBurgers, @Chiko-HH !

And all devs in the XDA!
    Hi, I will help when I have free time. Ok?
    Kind regards ...

Sent from my endeavoru using XDA Labs

Edit: @Gerry2scopes! I've taken care of it, I'm waiting for an answer. I write again as soon as I know more! I wish you a nice Sunday!
    Regards ...

Hi LF, thats great, any help you could give me to get my phone back in action will be great. Thought I signed up for instant notifications from this thread, must check again, so apologies for the delay getting back to you.
    @smeejaytee I hate htc, It shows error because system is read only. Iam using twrp.
    Tried go to mount section and mount it, but still, same problem

Do you guys not have flar2's disable write protection module?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Okay first of all don't hate me, i really did try finding the most relevant place to ask this question, If i have still failed then either i'm just retarded or XDA needs a special category for noobs like me, I recently got my HTC M8s VZW model and well i'm stuck on on sense 6 Android L , I was thinking of unlocking bootloader and flash a nice sense 7 stock rooted rom, I downloaded the HTC One toolkit from here, but i am not entirely certain if its for M8s, Even on HTCDev M8s is not listed , So can anyone help a noob out? Point me in the right direction? Its not my first time flashing or modding, What i require is pretty basic, A link on how to S-Off for M8s specifically, TWRP recovery for again M8s specifically, a tutorial would be nice just to make sure i don't fudge up anything and a link to M8s roms? sorry if i sound too demanding i don't really have much of a choice cause of some "recent events" , Thankyou soo much. :good:

Firstly you should know that not much development goes down for m8s. There is currently only 1 custom ROM available for the phone that being voidzero's cm12.1. For s-off you actually dont need it. Just go to htcdev.com to unlock your bootloader. Select m8 from category because no m8s. Just follow the steps along and you'll be done. for recovery you can see here:
    https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/one-m8s-general/make-custom-recovery-htc-one-m8s-t3114245
    @leather.face how to revert to stock my build.prop?
    I've flashed Smeejaytee's booster. I've tried to delete all these lines by my self, but after reboot they are still here -_-

Just dirty flash your rom mate

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk