M2-802L Official B003 ROM found!

Search This thread

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
I've been looking everywhere for an official Huawei ROM for the Mediapad M2-802L for the last couple of days, but had no luck until I went on the Huawei Taiwan site (I was trying all their international support sites one by one). Huawei seems to have pulled the 802L ROMs from everywhere except the Huawei Taiwan support site.

This site seems to be the only one hosting an 802L ROM as of this writing (2215hrs EDT 2016-08-24). I've just flashed this ROM on my (US English) phone and it flashed fine, rebooted and came back up with all my apps and data.

The ROM version is B003, and the full filename is: M2-802L_V100R001C209B003CUSTC209D002_Android_5.1.1_EMUI_3.1.rar (the link can be a bit slow at first, but it does eventually download).

Note that if you've got a custom recovery and/or have rooted your M2-802L, you'll need to reflash the stock RECOVERY.IMG and BOOT.IMG and remove the rooting before you can flash this ROM (you don't need to relock your bootloader). You can use the Huawei Update Extractor found in this thread to get the official RECOVERY.IMG and BOOT.IMG from this ROM, and flash them in fastboot mode before you do the actual update (the following steps are NOT NECESSARY if you did not install a custom recovery and/or root your phone):
  1. Remove the rooting from your phone using the method recommended by your root app.
  2. Enter fastboot mode by either using ADB ("adb reboot bootloader") or by first shutting down the phone and then powering it up while holding down the VOLDN key.
  3. Connect the phone by USB to your computer and then fire up ADB to issue fastboot commands.
  4. Flash the official recovery image (which you extracted from the official ROM using the Huawei Update Extractor):
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <PATH/TO/YOUR/RECOVERY.img>
  5. Flash the official Boot image (which you extracted from the official ROM using the Huawei Update Extractor):
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot <PATH/TO/YOUR/BOOT.img>
  6. Reboot your phone a couple of times to make sure that the flash of the original recovery and boot image flash have taken. You can reboot when in fastboot mode by either issuing the command "fastboot reboot" in your ADB terminal, or just holding down your power button for a few seconds until it reboots.

Now you can flash the ROM from the downloaded file, as follows:
  1. Extract the contents of the rar archive from the downloaded package. There will be a folder called "dload" inside a folder called "sd".
  2. Copy this "dload" folder to your SD card (you can copy it to either the internal or the external SD, it doesn't matter).
  3. Go to your phone's "Settings". There, navigate to "Updater"->"Menu"->"Local Update", select the displayed option, and allow it to install. Your phone will boot into the original OEM recovery and install the ROM, after which it should (hopefully) boot into the new ROM.

I just tried this ROM on my US English phone and it works fine; it even downloads and installs the 256MB B003-B005 official update.

Some background on why I was looking so hard for this ROM: I had a screwed B005 ROM because of a faulty interaction between TWRP and SuperSU, and had to recover from that by flashing the SYSTEM.img and DATA.IMG from the M2-801L ROM. Although the device worked just fine, making calls, receiving texts/MMS and everything, my device version showed "HUAWEI M2-801L" instead of "HUAWEI M2-802L" (obviously) because I hadn't saved my original build.prop and phone.prop files (I could have replaced the 801L build.prop and phone.prop with the 802L ones after I had flashed the 801L firmware). Considering that a new official OTA update for Android 6 is rumored to be arriving in September, I wanted to make sure that my phone was set up in the proper way with no inconsistencies, so that I could install the new update when it arrives. I even wrote to Huawei support but they weren't helpful. Ah well, who needs em :D

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
I'm running this ROM (after bricking my device and trying just about every recovery method possible). I had 2 oddities with it. The first one may have just been coincidence but it wouldn't keep the Play store open for more than a few seconds. I cleared cache, data and everything else but in the end had to sideload the Play store APK to get it to work. I think Play Services must have updated before the Store so then the store was incompatible and crashed.

Secondly, my smart cover no longer works. If I open the cover the screen lights for a few seconds but doesn't respond to touch. Then if Ihit the power button, it takes about 8 seconds but then still isn't responsive. Repeat and then it comes to life. Take it out of the case, no problem. Disable smart cover in settings and we're good. As far as I can tell, there is a specific smart cover available in Asia for this device but it is no good with a generic one. The original ROM worked fine with my cover.

I have contacted Huawei support asking for a link to the Aussie ROM but a week and several back and forth emails later, they haven't told me anything. Apparently they have escalated my call and a senior will call me back.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
I'm running this ROM (after bricking my device and trying just about every recovery method possible). I had 2 oddities with it. The first one may have just been coincidence but it wouldn't keep the Play store open for more than a few seconds. I cleared cache, data and everything else but in the end had to sideload the Play store APK to get it to work. I think Play Services must have updated before the Store so then the store was incompatible and crashed.

Secondly, my smart cover no longer works. If I open the cover the screen lights for a few seconds but doesn't respond to touch. Then if Ihit the power button, it takes about 8 seconds but then still isn't responsive. Repeat and then it comes to life. Take it out of the case, no problem. Disable smart cover in settings and we're good. As far as I can tell, there is a specific smart cover available in Asia for this device but it is no good with a generic one. The original ROM worked fine with my cover.

I have contacted Huawei support asking for a link to the Aussie ROM but a week and several back and forth emails later, they haven't told me anything. Apparently they have escalated my call and a senior will call me back.

Hm. I've been using this ROM for a while now and haven't noticed any such issues (I'm using a generic smart cover I bought off the US Amazon site). How exactly did you flash this ROM? What were the exact steps you used? I ask because I think what may be happening is that you may possibly have bits and pieces left over from your original aussie ROM that is experiencing some culture shock with the Taiwanese bits of this ROM :)

At any rate, what I would recommend to try to fix your issues is to reflash the full ROM again, with the original Huawei BOOT and RECOVERY partitions of course (it'll still keep all your data and apps, don't worry, I've done this a few times now in my R&D):
  • If you're rooted, remember to unroot first
  • If you have a custom recovery like TWRP then remember to flash the stock recovery and boot partitions back first. Let me know if you need to know how to get these partitions or how to flash them.
  • Stick the "dload" directory of this ROM directory back on to your SD card, access the Updater, choose the "Local Update" option and update from there. It should reboot into the Huawei recovery and flash the full ROM, which (I think) is all partition images contained in the UPDATE.APP for the ROM).
  • Let the ROM reboot. It should now say that its "upgrading" your apps. After a bit, if you access the updater, you should see a "B003 to B005" OTA update available which is about 256 MB. Select to download and install this update.
  • See how it behaves after this update is installed.
  • As a final cleaning step, reboot into the recovery by first shutting it off and then pressing the power button with VOLDN pressed simultaneously. In the recovery menu, select the "Clear cache/Dalvik cache" (don't remember exact wording because I pretty much immediately flash the latest TWRP for this device), let it clean the cache, then reboot and see if your problems go away.

I've been running this ROM in the US on the AT&T network quite troublefree (except for AT&T outages) ever since I first flashed this ROM - all my subsequent troubles are usually caused by my messing around with it trying to learn stuff by poking around where I don't belong :cyclops:

Last edited:
Reactions: wmoore

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Hm. I've been using this ROM for a while now and haven't noticed any such issues (I'm using a generic smart cover I bought off the US Amazon site). How exactly did you flash this ROM? What were the exact steps you used? I ask because I think what may be happening is that you may possibly have bits and pieces left over from your original aussie ROM that is experiencing some culture shock with the Taiwanese bits of this ROM :)

At any rate, what I would recommend to try to fix your issues is to reflash the full ROM again, with the original Huawei BOOT and RECOVERY partitions of course (it'll still keep all your data and apps, don't worry, I've done this a few times now in my R&D):
  • If you have a custom recovery like TWRP then remember to flash the stock recovery and boot partitions back first. Let me know if you need to know how to get these partitions or how to flash them.
  • Stick the "dload" directory of this ROM directory back on to your SD card, access the Updater, choose the "Local Update" option and update from there. It should reboot into the Huawei recovery and flash the full ROM, which (I think) is all partition images contained in the UPDATE.APP for the ROM).
  • Let the ROM reboot. It should now say that its "upgrading" your apps. After a bit, if you access the updater, you should see a "B003 to B005" OTA update available which is about 256 MB. Select to download and install this update.
  • As a final cleaning step, reboot into the recovery by first shutting it off and then pressing the power button with VOLDN pressed simultaneously. In the recovery menu, select the "Clear cache/Dalvik cache" (don't remember exact wording because I pretty much immediately flash the latest TWRP for this device), let it clean the cache, then reboot and see if your problems go away.

I've been running this ROM in the US on the AT&T network quite troublefree (except for AT&T outages) ever since I first flashed this ROM - all my subsequent troubles are usually caused by my messing around with it trying to learn stuff by poking around where I don't belong :cyclops:
I suspect you're right. As for how did I flash this ..... Truth is there is no way I could recreate the steps. I wrote about it in the "help I've soft-bricked ..." thread. It was more a matter of luck that judgement that I got the tablet recovered.

I'll give this a go though and see what happens. I wasn't aware there was a newer ROM than B003. Mind you, I've been trying to get some information from Huawei for over a week and have finally given up. Huawei says speak to Vodafone, Vodafone says speak to Huawei.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I suspect you're right. As for how did I flash this ..... Truth is there is no way I could recreate the steps. I wrote about it in the "help I've soft-bricked ..." thread. It was more a matter of luck that judgement that I got the tablet recovered.

I'll give this a go though and see what happens. I wasn't aware there was a newer ROM than B003. Mind you, I've been trying to get some information from Huawei for over a week and have finally given up. Huawei says speak to Vodafone, Vodafone says speak to Huawei.
When I tried to run the update from SD card, it gets to about 75% and then tells me the update failed. I reboot and come straight back to where I was before.

In my bootloader I have "FRP Lock" which I believe is to do with password / PIN lock. However I cannot remove those as "something" is holding on to them. I removed my company Exchange account and deactivated the Google "find my phone" administrator. But I;m not sure what else is hogging it, or even if this is the actual problem.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009

I'll give this a go though and see what happens.

Fair enough. I did see your post there, but there wasn't enough detail for me to go on.

If you're feeling brave, you can try a fastboot erase and manual flash of the SYSTEM partition from the OEM Taiwanese ROM (as I had outlined in the other thread), before you try the full update again (but see below).

I also wonder: to solve what I strongly suspect are "chimera ROM" issues due to an incomplete original flash which initially resurrected your phone, whether perhaps you might need to manually flash one or more of the other partition images present in the Taiwanese ROM's UPDATE.APP (I'm just taking a SWAG here) to allow a subsequent proper update process to work:
Code:
MCUIMAGE.img
CUST.img
USERDATA.img
SENSORHUB.img
TRUSTFIRMWARE.img

Unfortunately, there is practically no information available on what any of these Huawei partition images are for, so it's pretty much "take a guess based on the image name", which may or may not be what one thinks it is, especially given that Huawei is a Chinese company, with all the attendant language issues that can exist in such a scenario.

I wasn't aware there was a newer ROM than B003.

The B003->B005 update is not a full ROM, it's just a 250MB partial update which is only available OTA, as far as I know. The only full ROM (2.5GB) currently out in the wild for the M2-802L seems to be the B003 ROM (or at least, it's the only one I've found in about 3 weeks of frantic searching).

Mind you, I've been trying to get some information from Huawei for over a week and have finally given up. Huawei says speak to Vodafone, Vodafone says speak to Huawei.

Bloody typical. I had sent Huawei more than a few emails asking for the bootloader unlock code, as well as several frantic emails begging for the 802L ROM when I had accidentally messed up my own factory ROM due to the TWRP+SuperSU interop glitch. All I got from them was the written equivalent of "P*$$ off" from Huawei's US support as well as China support, so I said "Eff these guys" and just paid the DC-Unlocker guys 4 euros for the privilege of getting the unlock code, which was fast, painless and efficient. I then figured that there had to be an 802L ROM available somewhere, and I spent about 2 weeks going through all of Huawei's international channel support sites until I found it in a single place: the Taiwan site.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

When I tried to run the update from SD card, it gets to about 75% and then tells me the update failed. I reboot and come straight back to where I was before.

In my bootloader I have "FRP Lock" which I believe is to do with password / PIN lock. However I cannot remove those as "something" is holding on to them. I removed my company Exchange account and deactivated the Google "find my phone" administrator. But I;m not sure what else is hogging it, or even if this is the actual problem.

Actually, the FRP lock is controlled by the Developer option "Allow OEM Unlock". If you have developer options enabled, it should show up in your settings, under the "System" settings menu (see attached images).

However, even if your FRP is locked it should not prevent you from flashing the official Huawei image. Could you post the recovery log of the failed update? The recovery log of the OEM Huawei recovery is located at
Code:
/splash2/recovery_log
on your internal SD's filesystem, so you can maybe use adb or a file manager on your phone to get it out of the phone to post it here. I don't know if I have a matchstick's chance in Nordic hell to find what the issue is, but I'm willing to take a look...

Attachments

• Huawei-Settings-Developer-Option.png
    Huawei-Settings-Developer-Option.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Huawei-Settings-Developer-Option-FRP_Unlock.png
    Huawei-Settings-Developer-Option-FRP_Unlock.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 410

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Fair enough. I did see your post there, but there wasn't enough detail for me to go on.

If you're feeling brave, you can try a fastboot erase and manual flash of the SYSTEM partition from the OEM Taiwanese ROM (as I had outlined in the other thread), before you try the full update again (but see below).

I also wonder: to solve what I strongly suspect are "chimera ROM" issues due to an incomplete original flash which initially resurrected your phone, whether perhaps you might need to manually flash one or more of the other partition images present in the Taiwanese ROM's UPDATE.APP (I'm just taking a SWAG here) to allow a subsequent proper update process to work:
Code:
MCUIMAGE.img
CUST.img
USERDATA.img
SENSORHUB.img
TRUSTFIRMWARE.img

Unfortunately, there is practically no information available on what any of these Huawei partition images are for, so it's pretty much "take a guess based on the image name", which may or may not be what one thinks it is, especially given that Huawei is a Chinese company, with all the attendant language issues that can exist in such a scenario.

The B003->B005 update is not a full ROM, it's just a 250MB partial update which is only available OTA, as far as I know. The only full ROM (2.5GB) currently out in the wild for the M2-802L seems to be the B003 ROM (or at least, it's the only one I've found in about 3 weeks of frantic searching).

Bloody typical. I had sent Huawei more than a few emails asking for the bootloader unlock code, as well as several frantic emails begging for the 802L ROM when I had accidentally messed up my own factory ROM due to the TWRP+SuperSU interop glitch. All I got from them was the written equivalent of "P*$$ off" from Huawei's US support as well as China support, so I said "Eff these guys" and just paid the DC-Unlocker guys 4 euros for the privilege of getting the unlock code, which was fast, painless and efficient. I then figured that there had to be an 802L ROM available somewhere, and I spent about 2 weeks going through all of Huawei's international channel support sites until I found it in a single place: the Taiwan site.

Actually, the FRP lock is controlled by the Developer option "Allow OEM Unlock". If you have developer options enabled, it should show up in your settings, under the "System" settings menu (see attached images).

However, even if your FRP is locked it should not prevent you from flashing the official Huawei image. Could you post the recovery log of the failed update? The recovery log of the OEM Huawei recovery is located at
Code:
/splash2/recovery_log
on your internal SD's filesystem, so you can maybe use adb or a file manager on your phone to get it out of the phone to post it here. I don't know if I have a matchstick's chance in Nordic hell to find what the issue is, but I'm willing to take a look...
First problem is I don't have Enable OEM Unlock in dev options.

When I try to flash TWRP, I get
wayne@MacBuntu:~/Downloads$ sudo fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-mozart.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (25330 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.590s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.590s

Bootloader says PHONE Unlocked and FRP Lock but it seems to me that my bootloader is locked, as I cannot do anything at all with it. If I try fastboot oem unlock, I get:
wayne@MacBuntu:~/Downloads$ sudo fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: Necessary to unlock FRP!)
finished. total time: 0.221s

I'm running Linux so the DC Unlocker tool won't work. I might have to find a Windows machine to try that.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009

Bootloader says PHONE Unlocked and FRP Lock but it seems to me that my bootloader is locked, as I cannot do anything at all with it. If I try fastboot oem unlock, I get:

I'm running Linux so the DC Unlocker tool won't work. I might have to find a Windows machine to try that.

Hmmm... what is the exact output of
Code:
fastboot oem get-bootinfo
for you? It is possible that your "Phone unlocked" message may be bogus like it was for the original poster of the "softbricked" thread, although I have no explanation for how that situation came to be. And not having the "Enable OEM Unlock" option in your dev options is deeply disturbing and more than a little suspicious...

SAY!!!! Hang on a bit!! I just realized something: Your reply in the softbrick thread (which the original poster created for the 803L) said that you downloaded the ROM which I had linked in this thread....but my ROM is for the 802L, which is the model I have.
Now, here are the specs from the Huawei site for the 802L and 803L:
Code:
M2-802L
    GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz
    UMTS:850(B5/B19)/900/1700/1800/1900/2100MHz
    LTE -FDD:Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/19/26/28;
    LTE -TDD:Band 41/40
    WLAN:2.4/5GHz

M2-803L
    GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz
    UMTS:850/900/1900/2100MHz;TD-SCDMA:Band 34/39;
    LTE -FDD:Band 1/3/7;LTE -TDD:Band 38/39/40/41
    WLAN:2.4/5GHz

I have a very important question for you: Is your phone an 803L or an 802L?

This is of prime importance because they have different radio hardware (for starters - see the specs above; there might be other hardware differences)!

Due to this different hardware, the contents of the important partitions that contain the low-level kernel drivers and other ancillary information related to configuring and operating them will be totally different for the two different models! That is why I left the OP in that thread to his own devices using his own ROM - because the 802L ROM would be totally unsuitable at a low-level device-driver level for his phone!

Now, if your phone is indeed the 803L, then much becomes clear!

Consider: If you've got a partial flash of the 802L ROM on your 803L, that would likely explain your strange issues with the smart case etc. In fact, I'm surprised that you aren't having more and deeper issues, but likely the "Failed" update in the Huawei recovery is what is actually saving you from catastrophe here: it's actually refusing to flash the low-level partitions that deal with the hardware at the device layer and which would seriously damage your phone and hard-brick it if the flash actually succeeded.
In addition, if your phone is an 803, that would also sort of explain your weird "Phone unlocked but FRP locked" state that no one but you and the OP in the softbrick thread are reporting - one might draw the conclusion that there is some ROM bug (which especially shows up when one is trying to unlock the phone) in the 803L which is causing this behavior.

As an aside, I'm now also wondering if the poor OP in that thread is also an aussie with a Vodaphone-flogged device...

Last edited:

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Yeah mine is definitely the m2-802l. And I think your right about the bogus unlocked notification in the bootloader. My plan at the moment is this:
1 Get rid of the FRP lock. I found an article describing how to do it. Basically remove all Google accounts, then wipe / factory reset.
2 Get an unlock code and try unlock bootloader with fastboot and / or dc unlocker on a windows PC.

I'm not at a computer at the moment but I suspect the result of the command you mentioned will be "remote: command not allowed". Most fastboot command give me that. I'll test the theory shortly.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Yeah mine is definitely the m2-802l. And I think your right about the bogus unlocked notification in the bootloader. My plan at the moment is this:
1 Get rid of the FRP lock. I found an article describing how to do it. Basically remove all Google accounts, then wipe / factory reset.
2 Get an unlock code and try unlock bootloader with fastboot and / or dc unlocker on a windows PC.

I'm not at a computer at the moment but I suspect the result of the command you mentioned will be "remote: command not allowed". Most fastboot command give me that. I'll test the theory shortly.
OK. So fastboot oem get-bootinfo tells me my bootloader is unlocked
wayne@MacBuntu:~/Downloads$ fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) unlocked
OKAY [ 0.000s]
finished. total time: 0.000s
But pretty much anything else "fastboot" tells me command not allowed. I cannot flash recovery or boot, etc.

So I removed ALL accounts from the device, then rebooted to recovery and cleared cache, the wipe / factory reset. On booting back up and not adding an account, I still don't have Enable OEM Unlock in dev options, and still have FRP Lock on the bootloader screen. I tried fastbook oem frp-unlock and it looks like I need some kind of key.
wayne@MacBuntu:~/Downloads$ fastboot oem frp-unlock
FAILED (remote: FRPKEY parse fail)
finished. total time: 0.000s
I had a look at dc-unlocker and they want 15 Euro for an FRP unlock so I'll call that plan B.
With no accounts on the device and after a factory reset, I reloaded the ROM from SD card and again it failed at about 70%. So I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009

Ah OK. Then likely your failed update is due the weird situation in which your poor bootloader finds itself. Good luck with the wipe/factory reset.

BTW, at some point if you could run another update from the Updater using the "Local Update" option and the full original UPDATE.APP in the dload dir on your SD, and then give me the recovery_log from it, that would be great. Maybe I can learn something from it...and hopefully (faint hope) there may be something in there which may give us a clue as to how/why your phone is in this poor :confused: :crying: state.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Ah OK. Then likely your failed update is due the weird situation in which your poor bootloader finds itself. Good luck with the wipe/factory reset.

BTW, at some point if you could run another update from the Updater using the "Local Update" option and the full original UPDATE.APP in the dload dir on your SD, and then give me the recovery_log from it, that would be great. Maybe I can learn something from it...and hopefully (faint hope) there may be something in there which may give us a clue as to how/why your phone is in this poor :confused: :crying: state.
I tried to get the recovery log but I'm getting permission denied using adb shell and have no access to it via any app. Not having root, or the ability to get it is a PITA to say the least. I'll keep you posted.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane

Silly me. I got the recovery log by using adb pull :)

Attachments

• recovery_log.zip
    125.3 KB · Views: 34

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Silly me. I got the recovery log by using adb pull :)
This log file is sensational!! Damn it wouldn't display properly but basically the end of the log file has FAIL in huge letters! :D

But actually I can see two things.

[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int symlink_dir(const char*, const char*),line=1649: symlink_dir source_dir:/cust/vodafone/au is not exist!
So I need a Vodafone specific ROM, and 2:
failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard: No such file or directory
Looks like the my device has a different set of partitions. As far as I can tell there is no fdisk on the device (a tried to run /sbin/fdisk in adb shell). So back to Vodafone I go.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
After having a huge rant at Vodafone (I have 3 devices with them and 2 are coming off contract ;) ) it looks like they might be trying to help now. They are trying to get me the OTA files at least. Interestingly, the latest update they released was B006 in Feb 2016 but even when on stock mine was on B003 and there was never an update available. I've laid it on thick that there must have been an issue with the device from day 1!

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
After having a huge rant at Vodafone (I have 3 devices with them and 2 are coming off contract ;) ) it looks like they might be trying to help now. They are trying to get me the OTA files at least. Interestingly, the latest update they released was B006 in Feb 2016 but even when on stock mine was on B003 and there was never an update available. I've laid it on thick that there must have been an issue with the device from day 1!

Happy to hear that you've managed to narrow down the issue. Apologies for being offline for the last couple of days; I was ill.

Regarding your log file, the messages related to mmcblk failures are harmless; it looks like the update script is just guessing at where /sdcard may be. Since it then proceeds with the update, it is not actually an issue.

The bigger problem (as you noticed) is this:

Code:
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1865: the vendor country in this phone is: vodafone/au
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1866: input status = 1
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1867: =================Cust Process================
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1975: Huawei cust,please wait...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int judge_custombin(),line=1661: data/custom.bin not exsit!
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int custing_by_vendorcountry(),line=1731: linking by vendorcountry ...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int symlink_dir(const char*, const char*),line=1649: symlink_dir source_dir:/cust/vodafone/au is not exist!
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int link_source(),line=1686: linking data/cust to cust/vendor/country is fail...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int custing_by_vendorcountry(),line=1736: linking source is fail...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int main_cust(int),line=1983: [FAC:Radar_focus_on_fac:CUST]custing_by_vendorcountry fail!
Huawei cust fail.
I:finish_recovery and unmount sdcard ret = 0

Are you able to fastboot flash partitions successfully? I was thinking that if you are able to do that, then while you're waiting for a reply from Vodafone, we can try a couple of things:
  • First thing, you can try to individually flash the CUST.img, CACHE.img and USERDATA.img partitions from the OEM 802L UPDATE.APP in this thread:
    Code:
    fastboot flash cust /path/to/CUST.img
    fastboot flash userdata /path/to/USERDATA.img
    fastboot flash cache /path/to/CACHE.img
    and then retry the full update
  • If the above doesn't work, flash an updated CUST.img and DATA.img partition which I'll give you (the ones in the OEM UPDATE.APP are actually just blank partitions), which will set your custom vendor country and /data/custom.bin files to a default international setting instead of locking you to Vodafone. Let me know if the above doesn't work, so I can prepare the new partitions for you.

Another interesting line I saw in the log was:
Code:
modem_has_6085: 6085 not exit,-1
huawei_nv_bin: no 6085 modem!
I wonder if my updates have the same message; if not, then maybe the Vodafone ROM may have been potentially monkeyed with by the Vodafone guys.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Happy to hear that you've managed to narrow down the issue. Apologies for being offline for the last couple of days; I was ill.

Regarding your log file, the messages related to mmcblk failures are harmless; it looks like the update script is just guessing at where /sdcard may be. Since it then proceeds with the update, it is not actually an issue.

The bigger problem (as you noticed) is this:

Code:
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1865: the vendor country in this phone is: vodafone/au
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1866: input status = 1
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1867: =================Cust Process================
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int main_cust(int),line=1975: Huawei cust,please wait...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int judge_custombin(),line=1661: data/custom.bin not exsit!
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 657] int custing_by_vendorcountry(),line=1731: linking by vendorcountry ...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int link_source(),line=1686: linking data/cust to cust/vendor/country is fail...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int custing_by_vendorcountry(),line=1736: linking source is fail...
[2016-09-11 21:22:46 658] int main_cust(int),line=1983: [FAC:Radar_focus_on_fac:CUST]custing_by_vendorcountry fail!
Huawei cust fail.
I:finish_recovery and unmount sdcard ret = 0

Are you able to fastboot flash partitions successfully? I was thinking that if you are able to do that, then while you're waiting for a reply from Vodafone, we can try a couple of things:
  • First thing, you can try to individually flash the CUST.img, CACHE.img and USERDATA.img partitions from the OEM 802L UPDATE.APP in this thread:
    Code:
    fastboot flash cust /path/to/CUST.img
    fastboot flash userdata /path/to/USERDATA.img
    fastboot flash cache /path/to/CACHE.img
    and then retry the full update
  • If the above doesn't work, flash an updated CUST.img and DATA.img partition which I'll give you (the ones in the OEM UPDATE.APP are actually just blank partitions), which will set your custom vendor country and /data/custom.bin files to a default international setting instead of locking you to Vodafone. Let me know if the above doesn't work, so I can prepare the new partitions for you.

Another interesting line I saw in the log was:
Code:
modem_has_6085: 6085 not exit,-1
huawei_nv_bin: no 6085 modem!
I wonder if my updates have the same message; if not, then maybe the Vodafone ROM may have been potentially monkeyed with by the Vodafone guys.
No worries. Hope you're feeling better :)

The latest from Voda is that they won't give me a ROM but if I take it back in store, they will ONLY charge me $120 for repair (instead of $250). The reason being the "unauthorised" software I installed - even though it is correct for the device and from the manufacturer - has voided the warranty. Of course I've told them to stick it where the sun don't shine ;)

In terms of flashing, I still can't flash anything. Most fastboot commands come back with "remote: command not allowed". Even though the bootloader says it is unlocked. I'm suspicious of 2 things: FRP being locked and Enable OEM Unlock missing from the menu.

DC-Unlocker claims to unlock FRP for 15Euro so I might give that a shot. The cust.img and data.img files you're talking about - would I be able to repack those back into the update.app and flash them that way? Right now that seems to be the only way I can flash anything.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
No worries. Hope you're feeling better :)

The latest from Voda is that they won't give me a ROM but if I take it back in store, they will ONLY charge me $120 for repair (instead of $250). The reason being the "unauthorised" software I installed - even though it is correct for the device and from the manufacturer - has voided the warranty. Of course I've told them to stick it where the sun don't shine ;)

Those blackguards! (wish I could use something stronger, but the XDA forums have a TOS item about strong language)

I would venture to guess that their "repair" is pretty much flash the ROM - I'm sure they have it and are just not handing it out.

The following lines in your log, which are the first ones to have a build number of M2-802LV100R001C113B006 (the other 2011 timestamped log entries with the M2-80XYV100R001C500B021 build number were likely the factory test flashes in China, because the locale is CN) say:

Code:
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "recovery" "UPDATE:DATAIMG"[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Wed Jan 20 12:01:33 CST 2016
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1453262493
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C113B006
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20160120.113848 test-keys
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei01201148:user/test-keys
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_SYSTEM
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_RECOVERY
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.name = MOZART
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.board = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.brand = Huawei
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.model = HUAWEI
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.device = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.locale.region = US
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.locale.language = en
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.CustCVersion = C113
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.CustDVersion = D001
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.runmode = normal
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1647: 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 666] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=173: Enter huawei_engine_enter()...
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 666] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=174: Recovery boot ->cmd: boot-recovery, ->status: , ->recov: recovery
UPDATE:DATAIMG

[2011-01-03 09:26:58 772] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=190: 
Mount external sd card to /sdcard success!
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 773] int huawei_sd_usb_update(bootloader_message*),line=404: enter huawei_sd_usb_update()... 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 773] int huawei_sd_usb_update(bootloader_message*),line=477: update_type = 3, is_factory_update=1. 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 774] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=135: push SD_BEGIN_L0
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 774] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=137: push SD_PRE_L1

[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=141: current battery level = 59.
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=167: pop SD_PRE_L1
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_dataimg_update_func(),line=192: push SD_PROCESS_L1
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1292: Enter recovery_sd_update()...
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 780] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1297: Mount Ext SD card success...
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 794] dload_app_path_name_get,line=1100: the dload_name is /sdcard/dload/vodafone/au/update_data_vodafone_au.app
.[2011-01-03 09:26:59 805] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1306: package_percent:0.950000, package_seconds:9.

And what's interesting about that is that it says that your ROM build is B006; I haven't seen a B006 out in the wild for the 802L - not on OTA, not on any third-party sites, not on any of the Huawei support sites. What's even more interesting is the line which refers to /sdcard/dload/vodafone/au/update_data_vodafone_au.app. Both these together now make me even more certain that your phone ROM was probably a special Vodafone customization.

Of course, the "B006" may be the ROM version which denotes a carrier-customized ROM and as such it may be that other carrier-sold 802L's may also have this ROM version number... that's just a guess, though.

In terms of flashing, I still can't flash anything. Most fastboot commands come back with "remote: command not allowed". Even though the bootloader says it is unlocked. I'm suspicious of 2 things: FRP being locked and Enable OEM Unlock missing from the menu.

DC-Unlocker claims to unlock FRP for 15Euro so I might give that a shot.

Yes, that may be your only hope at this point (see below). In one of your previous posts you said that your oem-info command said that the phone was unlocked, but I noticed that the time taken by the command was 0 - which is very suspicious indeed, and leads me to believe that this is a bogus response.

BTW, did you try the dc-unlocker Unbrick guide which I had linked to a few posts back?

The cust.img and data.img files you're talking about - would I be able to repack those back into the update.app and flash them that way? Right now that seems to be the only way I can flash anything.

Well...the trouble is, flashing an UPDATE.APP on a phone which already has some settings will first check the existing data partition for the /data/custom.bin file (it's a text file, despite the name) to find out which is the customer vendor being used by the phone. So without being able to rewrite this file to reset the vendor back to a generic vendor (instead of your very specific "vodafone" vendor), even the repacked UPDATE.APP will fail because it will again fail the cust check.

That's why I wanted to know if fastboot flashing worked, because I wanted to create new partition images which would set your data partition to contain this custom.bin set to a generic vendor, and your cust partition to contain this generic vendor settings like on my phone (just in case the vodafone tossers had removed it).

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Those blackguards! (wish I could use something stronger, but the XDA forums have a TOS item about strong language)

I would venture to guess that their "repair" is pretty much flash the ROM - I'm sure they have it and are just not handing it out.

The following lines in your log, which are the first ones to have a build number of M2-802LV100R001C113B006 (the other 2011 timestamped log entries with the M2-80XYV100R001C500B021 build number were likely the factory test flashes in China, because the locale is CN) say:

Code:
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "recovery" "UPDATE:DATAIMG"[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Wed Jan 20 12:01:33 CST 2016
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 663] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1453262493
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C113B006
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20160120.113848 test-keys
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei01201148:user/test-keys
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_SYSTEM
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_RECOVERY
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.name = MOZART
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.board = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.brand = Huawei
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.model = HUAWEI
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.device = hi3635
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.locale.region = US
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.locale.language = en
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.CustCVersion = C113
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.product.CustDVersion = D001
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.runmode = normal
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 664] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1647: 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 666] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=173: Enter huawei_engine_enter()...
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 666] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=174: Recovery boot ->cmd: boot-recovery, ->status: , ->recov: recovery
UPDATE:DATAIMG

[2011-01-03 09:26:58 772] int huawei_engine_enter(),line=190: 
Mount external sd card to /sdcard success!
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 773] int huawei_sd_usb_update(bootloader_message*),line=404: enter huawei_sd_usb_update()... 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 773] int huawei_sd_usb_update(bootloader_message*),line=477: update_type = 3, is_factory_update=1. 
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 774] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=135: push SD_BEGIN_L0
[2011-01-03 09:26:58 774] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=137: push SD_PRE_L1

[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=141: current battery level = 59.
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_update_prefunc(),line=167: pop SD_PRE_L1
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] int sd_dataimg_update_func(),line=192: push SD_PROCESS_L1
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 779] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1292: Enter recovery_sd_update()...
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 780] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1297: Mount Ext SD card success...
[2011-01-03 09:26:59 794] dload_app_path_name_get,line=1100: the dload_name is /sdcard/dload/vodafone/au/update_data_vodafone_au.app
.[2011-01-03 09:26:59 805] recovery_sd_dataimg_update,line=1306: package_percent:0.950000, package_seconds:9.

And what's interesting about that is that it says that your ROM build is B006; I haven't seen a B006 out in the wild for the 802L - not on OTA, not on any third-party sites, not on any of the Huawei support sites. What's even more interesting is the line which refers to /sdcard/dload/vodafone/au/update_data_vodafone_au.app. Both these together now make me even more certain that your phone ROM was probably a special Vodafone customization.

Of course, the "B006" may be the ROM version which denotes a carrier-customized ROM and as such it may be that other carrier-sold 802L's may also have this ROM version number... that's just a guess, though.

Yes, that may be your only hope at this point (see below). In one of your previous posts you said that your oem-info command said that the phone was unlocked, but I noticed that the time taken by the command was 0 - which is very suspicious indeed, and leads me to believe that this is a bogus response.

BTW, did you try the dc-unlocker Unbrick guide which I had linked to a few posts back?

Well...the trouble is, flashing an UPDATE.APP on a phone which already has some settings will first check the existing data partition for the /data/custom.bin file (it's a text file, despite the name) to find out which is the customer vendor being used by the phone. So without being able to rewrite this file to reset the vendor back to a generic vendor (instead of your very specific "vodafone" vendor), even the repacked UPDATE.APP will fail because it will again fail the cust check.

That's why I wanted to know if fastboot flashing worked, because I wanted to create new partition images which would set your data partition to contain this custom.bin set to a generic vendor, and your cust partition to contain this generic vendor settings like on my phone (just in case the vodafone tossers had removed it).
It's making more sense as we go. When first having the convo woth Voda, they sent me this link and asked if this was what I wanted - http://vodafone.intelliresponse.com...n=Huawei+MediaPad+M2+8.0+4G+-+Software+update

It is for B006 though I'm 99% certain my device was showing B003 when I got it and it never told me an update was available. But on the evidence, I guess it must have somehow been B006 but still reporting as B003? I don't know.

I've tried so many things .... I don't think I did try to DC-Unlocker Phoenix thing. Looks scary but I'll give it a look at the weekend. Thanks for sticking with this.

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
It's making more sense as we go. When first having the convo woth Voda, they sent me this link and asked if this was what I wanted - http://vodafone.intelliresponse.com...n=Huawei+MediaPad+M2+8.0+4G+-+Software+update

It is for B006 though I'm 99% certain my device was showing B003 when I got it and it never told me an update was available. But on the evidence, I guess it must have somehow been B006 but still reporting as B003? I don't know.

If you can get Vodafone to give you the file for that update, GRAB IT AND DON'T LET GO! I saw that page when I was searching for Vodafone Au Huawei updates, but wasn't able to find a download link for it.

The first reference I find to B003 in your log is here (see last line):
Code:
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "recovery" "UPDATE:SD"[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Fri Aug 28 17:16:28 CST 2015
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1440753388
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C113B006
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20150828.170621 test-keys
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei08281715:user/test-keys
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_SYSTEM
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_RECOVERY

Going by the date and the version number of ro.confg.hw_systemversion which is still M2-802LV100R001C113B006 I'm assuming that somewhere before this, you actually had a fastboot flash recovery command succeed, using the recovery from the B003 ROM linked in my first post here. However, prior to this flash attempt your version number should have read B006 (subject to certain caveats regarding the contents of the CURVER partition, and what was contained in your original build.prop and a couple of other system files).

Following this series of log entries, the very next series of log entries then contains this:
Code:
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "/sbin/recovery" "--wipe_data_factory_reset" "--locale=en_AU"[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Fri Aug 28 17:16:28 CST 2015
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1440753388
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C209B003
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20150828.170621 test-keys
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei08281715:user/test-keys
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_SYSTEM
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 280] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
[2016-09-07 07:53:33 280] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_RECOVERY

As you see, now the version number of ro.confg.hw_systemversion has become M2-802LV100R001C209B003 which is the version number of my ROM. So the previous flash succeeded in replacing all your system partitions, but failed in updating the cust info. As did this flash attempt and all subsequent ones.

I've tried so many things .... I don't think I did try to DC-Unlocker Phoenix thing. Looks scary but I'll give it a look at the weekend.
Yeah, I understand. However, the dc-unlocker guys are really helpful, as I can attest since I used their online chat support for an issue I was having. Their help/guides are usually quite thorough, as well. You should try it, and if you run into issues give their support line a holler.

Thanks for sticking with this.
You're most welcome. It irks me when a problem goes unsolved - in fact, I even looked up shipping rates to/from Oz-USA, but for what it would cost for a round trip for the phone, you might as well just get a new device :rolleyes::eek:
However, let's keep plugging away at this until we're absolutely out of ideas - hopefully it'll be solved before we reach that point :cyclops:

Last edited:
Reactions: wmoore

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Well Voda us really trying to keep me happy but they absolutely refusing to release the software. They've now said I can have a brand new device (not a refurb) for $120. I am tempted but I won't go for it. Now that Huawei has released the kernel source I'm hoping that somebody will cook up a custom ROM for us.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Actually I am considering the replacement. If nothing else it means I have some resale value in future. It will cost me ~$30-35 for FRP and bootloader unlock codes from dc-unlocker anyway and even then I have no guarantees. Hmm.......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking everywhere for an official Huawei ROM for the Mediapad M2-802L for the last couple of days, but had no luck until I went on the Huawei Taiwan site (I was trying all their international support sites one by one). Huawei seems to have pulled the 802L ROMs from everywhere except the Huawei Taiwan support site.

This site seems to be the only one hosting an 802L ROM as of this writing (2215hrs EDT 2016-08-24). I've just flashed this ROM on my (US English) phone and it flashed fine, rebooted and came back up with all my apps and data.

The ROM version is B003, and the full filename is: M2-802L_V100R001C209B003CUSTC209D002_Android_5.1.1_EMUI_3.1.rar (the link can be a bit slow at first, but it does eventually download).

Note that if you've got a custom recovery and/or have rooted your M2-802L, you'll need to reflash the stock RECOVERY.IMG and BOOT.IMG and remove the rooting before you can flash this ROM (you don't need to relock your bootloader). You can use the Huawei Update Extractor found in this thread to get the official RECOVERY.IMG and BOOT.IMG from this ROM, and flash them in fastboot mode before you do the actual update (the following steps are NOT NECESSARY if you did not install a custom recovery and/or root your phone):
    1. Remove the rooting from your phone using the method recommended by your root app.
    2. Enter fastboot mode by either using ADB ("adb reboot bootloader") or by first shutting down the phone and then powering it up while holding down the VOLDN key.
    3. Connect the phone by USB to your computer and then fire up ADB to issue fastboot commands.
    4. Flash the official recovery image (which you extracted from the official ROM using the Huawei Update Extractor):
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery <PATH/TO/YOUR/RECOVERY.img>
    5. Flash the official Boot image (which you extracted from the official ROM using the Huawei Update Extractor):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot <PATH/TO/YOUR/BOOT.img>
    6. Reboot your phone a couple of times to make sure that the flash of the original recovery and boot image flash have taken. You can reboot when in fastboot mode by either issuing the command "fastboot reboot" in your ADB terminal, or just holding down your power button for a few seconds until it reboots.

Now you can flash the ROM from the downloaded file, as follows:
    1. Extract the contents of the rar archive from the downloaded package. There will be a folder called "dload" inside a folder called "sd".
    2. Copy this "dload" folder to your SD card (you can copy it to either the internal or the external SD, it doesn't matter).
    3. Go to your phone's "Settings". There, navigate to "Updater"->"Menu"->"Local Update", select the displayed option, and allow it to install. Your phone will boot into the original OEM recovery and install the ROM, after which it should (hopefully) boot into the new ROM.

I just tried this ROM on my US English phone and it works fine; it even downloads and installs the 256MB B003-B005 official update.

Some background on why I was looking so hard for this ROM: I had a screwed B005 ROM because of a faulty interaction between TWRP and SuperSU, and had to recover from that by flashing the SYSTEM.img and DATA.IMG from the M2-801L ROM. Although the device worked just fine, making calls, receiving texts/MMS and everything, my device version showed "HUAWEI M2-801L" instead of "HUAWEI M2-802L" (obviously) because I hadn't saved my original build.prop and phone.prop files (I could have replaced the 801L build.prop and phone.prop with the 802L ones after I had flashed the 801L firmware). Considering that a new official OTA update for Android 6 is rumored to be arriving in September, I wanted to make sure that my phone was set up in the proper way with no inconsistencies, so that I could install the new update when it arrives. I even wrote to Huawei support but they weren't helpful. Ah well, who needs em :D

If you can get Vodafone to give you the file for that update, GRAB IT AND DON'T LET GO! I saw that page when I was searching for Vodafone Au Huawei updates, but wasn't able to find a download link for it.

The first reference I find to B003 in your log is here (see last line):
    Code:
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "recovery" "UPDATE:SD"[2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Fri Aug 28 17:16:28 CST 2015
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1440753388
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C113B006
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20150828.170621 test-keys
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei08281715:user/test-keys
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C113B006_SYSTEM
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
    [2016-09-04 06:05:36 331] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_RECOVERY

Going by the date and the version number of ro.confg.hw_systemversion which is still M2-802LV100R001C113B006 I'm assuming that somewhere before this, you actually had a fastboot flash recovery command succeed, using the recovery from the B003 ROM linked in my first post here. However, prior to this flash attempt your version number should have read B006 (subject to certain caveats regarding the contents of the CURVER partition, and what was contained in your original build.prop and a couple of other system files).

Following this series of log entries, the very next series of log entries then contains this:
    Code:
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1637: Command: "/sbin/recovery" "--wipe_data_factory_reset" "--locale=en_AU"[2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] int huawei_recovery_main(int, char**),line=1642: 
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.board.platform = hi3635
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date = Fri Aug 28 17:16:28 CST 2015
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.date.utc = 1440753388
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.display.id = M2-802LV100R001C209B003
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.product = hi3635
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.description = MOZART-user 5.1.1 LMY47X eng.huawei.20150828.170621 test-keys
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.build.fingerprint = Huawei/MOZART/hi3635:5.1.1/LMY47X/huawei08281715:user/test-keys
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 279] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_systemversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_SYSTEM
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 280] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion = V100R001C00B000_FASTBOOT
    [2016-09-07 07:53:33 280] void print_special_property(),line=1472: ro.confg.hw_recoveryversion = M2-802LV100R001C209B003_RECOVERY

As you see, now the version number of ro.confg.hw_systemversion has become M2-802LV100R001C209B003 which is the version number of my ROM. So the previous flash succeeded in replacing all your system partitions, but failed in updating the cust info. As did this flash attempt and all subsequent ones.

I've tried so many things .... I don't think I did try to DC-Unlocker Phoenix thing. Looks scary but I'll give it a look at the weekend.
    Yeah, I understand. However, the dc-unlocker guys are really helpful, as I can attest since I used their online chat support for an issue I was having. Their help/guides are usually quite thorough, as well. You should try it, and if you run into issues give their support line a holler.

Thanks for sticking with this.
    You're most welcome. It irks me when a problem goes unsolved - in fact, I even looked up shipping rates to/from Oz-USA, but for what it would cost for a round trip for the phone, you might as well just get a new device :rolleyes::eek:
    However, let's keep plugging away at this until we're absolutely out of ideas - hopefully it'll be solved before we reach that point :cyclops:
    Thanks for the B007 but my M2-801L is still on M2-801LV100R001C100B003. And I need the original recovery.img and boot.img.

Regards,
    DerUnbekannte

I found an official Huawei B003 for the M2-801L! :cyclops:

The build number differs from yours in the 'C' part (which I assume is the Customer Channel version), which is C170. Maybe the difference is because this is the Russian version of the ROM. The full build number on this one is V100R001C170B003CUSTC170D002.

Here is the direct download link from the Huawei Russia support site.