FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can I migrate my calendar from HP jordana 545 to XDA?

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By CharlesJS, Junior Member on 29th January 2004, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Currently I use a HP 540 for all my data with a 520 to hold backup copies, just in case.

I want to buy a 2nd hand xda to merge my pda / phone and run on my vodafone contract but I'm concerned as to whether I can copy or backup/restore the databases for my calendar etc to the xda ppc2002 or will this be a problem.

I ask because I owned for a while a hp 680 with win ce and because of my PC software limitation I could not do this.

My PC runs win 95 with outlook 97 as the diary ( which I only ever use to hold a further backup on, rather than for day-to-day work.) I've AS 3.1 installed right now and when I looked into the HP680 win CE issue it appeared that I needed to use AS 3.7, which wasn't supposed to run on 95, only 98 ->.

If a straight copy or backup/restore option doesn't exist, is there a workaround, retyping would be just too time consuming.

Thanks all

Regards

Charles

29th January 2004, 09:50 AM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 49

More
well if you sunc with an outlook
and export the outlook to a pst file
and import the pst file to the other outlook and sync with the
other pda would that not work ?
29th January 2004, 09:56 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sounds promising, hadn't thought of that. Guess I'll need to get an XDA and give it a go.

BTW as I'm currently running W95 and therefore w/o a USB option, am I right in thinking I can link the XDA by serial also? ( Seems to be so, referred to with the special s/ware refered to on this site )

Thanks

Charles
29th January 2004, 09:59 AM |#4  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 49

More
yes you can buy a seriel sync cable
which is just like the usb sync cable but with subD rs232 seriel connected insted of usb (suppose that kinda goes without saying though :P)
31st January 2004, 05:25 PM |#5  
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudegar

well if you sunc with an outlook
and export the outlook to a pst file
and import the pst file to the other outlook and sync with the
other pda would that not work ?

just out of curiosity ... why you export to PST file format ??? assuming you have both jornada and XDA I do not think you need that part at all ... :wink:

well, but I might be mistaken ... on sync you just put jornada contacts on desktop pc, then connect XDA and sync back, you can also use different profiles in outlook to my best knowledge to avoid mixing with contact database on desktop pc

there was some minor issue with ActiveSync 3.7.1 not supporting older PPC but you can just do a re-install

regards,
monika
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)