FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Urgent Help With SD Card (I'm in tears over this one)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fattybear, Junior Member on 31st January 2004, 08:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I LOVE MY XDA2

Let's not kid ourselves this is one fine piece of kit.

I have had it for about 4 weeks now and played with it, soft resetting, hard resetting, installing, uninstalling etc

I have all the best software ready to go and want to compress some comedy dvd's onto my gadget to watch on the move.

So - off I go to the local computer store and purchased a 128mb SD memory card ('kingmax" is the brand - rubbish I know but this isn't my problem)

Put it in - it doesnt' recognise it

Took the card back - tried another - put it in - no sign it's in there..

Went to Dixons - bought an 'Impact' 256mb card in - put it in and again - no sign it's there..

Am I doing something REALLY stupid here ?

Does the card need formatting before it's seen in 'storage' ?

There's absolutely no sign that there's a card in my XDA2

Any ideas or is the SD slot babbered ?!?

31st January 2004, 10:22 PM |#2  
Gloucestershire England.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Do you have a card reader? The xda should offer to format it for you when you insert it. You could try storage tools which is a free download but if your xda isnt seeing the card it may not help. You can format it in a card reader through windows.
31st January 2004, 10:28 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks.

I'll try that.

I'll purchase a card reader/writer and try formatting them that way - but I don't hold out much hope as I seem to be the only one with this problem that I can see on here !??
31st January 2004, 10:47 PM |#4  

More
Mine did the same and I tried formating. It sounds weird but after months of playing with it I realized that it only likes certain cards. So far it takes every sancard, but hates pny.
31st January 2004, 11:20 PM |#5  
Sydney

More
SD Cards on iMate and XDA II
Hi All,

We sell the iMates and XDAIIs and have found similar issues with "generic" cards and many of the slower Sandisk card etc.

We always recommend using the better Lexar SD cards or other "Ultra" card types and format them in a reader to Fat32 BEFORE shipping.....

In short - Don't get a slower card (read CHEAP) or a Generic unless you can test it BEFORE you buy it as most will cause problems.

Good luck
Andy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)