FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Questions about Unlocking or Recovering from a Soft Brick? LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING!!

6,459 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,615
 
By droidstyle, Recognized Contributor on 19th March 2013, 12:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2014, 01:05 PM |#181  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 7,015
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman33

HELP! I'm not sure what went wrong but I had rooted my phone when I first bought it 2 years ago, but was running stock rom this whole time. Phone was running slow so I decided to erase and flash a new rom. I went to follow the Ditto Note 3 instructions which start by flashing MJ5 via Odin, and now the phone just flashes the Samsung logo over and over. I can enter download mode but I'm not sure thats even working as it won't let me flash a stock rom. I do have TWRP and made a nandroid prior to this, but now I cant even get into Recovery mode. Do I have any options or is this unfixable? Please let me know what else you need to know, I have flashed roms in the past but I am stuck on this one. Thank you in advance.

If you read the directions.. You would have noticed that it is for N7100 NOT I605.. And then the BIG BOLD letters telling you NEVER to flash another bootloader!
You guys seriously need to read and also think about what you are doing before you pull the trigger. It would save A LOT of you the headache. If you are not sure what you are doing maybe you need to research more and do a little reading before flashing something you have NO IDEA what it is on a $400 phone.
 
 
8th August 2014, 05:54 PM |#182  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman33

HELP! I'm not sure what went wrong but I had rooted my phone when I first bought it 2 years ago, but was running stock rom this whole time. Phone was running slow so I decided to erase and flash a new rom. I went to follow the Ditto Note 3 instructions which start by flashing MJ5 via Odin, and now the phone just flashes the Samsung logo over and over. I can enter download mode but I'm not sure thats even working as it won't let me flash a stock rom. I do have TWRP and made a nandroid prior to this, but now I cant even get into Recovery mode. Do I have any options or is this unfixable? Please let me know what else you need to know, I have flashed roms in the past but I am stuck on this one. Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you did what I did. I ended up buying a used motherboard off ebay for about $70 and replacing the bad one. Phone works fine now.
There is a thread somewhere on here that shows how to fix the motherboard but it looked to complicated for me.
14th August 2014, 02:29 AM |#183  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Been using a Note ll on Beans ROM for about 18 months. Phone died on Monday and I have been trying without any success to root the replacement. Odin fails to write to the phone. Phone was delivered with stock 4.4.2.
I did not use Odin originally. Don't know how I rooted it
I am completely lost as to where to start..
Reinstalled drivers a number of times. Odin sees the phone, but that's it..
Help please!
14th August 2014, 02:57 AM |#184  
mattnmag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee_titan

Been using a Note ll on Beans ROM for about 18 months. Phone died on Monday and I have been trying without any success to root the replacement. Odin fails to write to the phone. Phone was delivered with stock 4.4.2.
I did not use Odin originally. Don't know how I rooted it
I am completely lost as to where to start..
Reinstalled drivers a number of times. Odin sees the phone, but that's it..
Help please!


Sorry to say, but there's no current root method and no current bootloader unlock method that you can use for our Verizon Note 2's running Kit Kat 4.4.2. For now, you are stuck with stock. The last Android build for our phones that you can root and unlock the bootloader on is 4.1.2. Android version 4.3 is rootable, but no bootloader unlock.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattnmag Ad-Free
14th August 2014, 03:21 AM |#185  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

Sorry to say, but there's no current root method and no current bootloader unlock method that you can use for our Verizon Note 2's running Kit Kat 4.4.2. For now, you are stuck with stock. The last Android build for our phones that you can root and unlock the bootloader on is 4.1.2. Android version 4.3 is rootable, but no bootloader unlock.

Thanks, but a shame none of the root experts see fit to say that in big letters...
26th February 2015, 07:03 AM |#186  
SicMe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Stock 4.4.2 VRUFND7
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am looking for the Stock 4.4.2 KitKat VRUFND7 image. Every link I find is broken or a missing file (tried both Samsung sites). I just need to flash via ODIN, stuck at Verizon Red Screen... Thanks!
13th September 2015, 06:31 AM |#187  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Need help fast.
Hey guys...im not sure if its talked about before but i tried to flash TWRP onto my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and its been stuck in a boot loop since...no i didnt unlock the bootloader and im wondering if there is anyone who can help please!!
2nd October 2015, 02:58 AM |#188  
Junior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Any way to restore just recovery?
I made the mistake of trying to push TWRM because I thought I was on my unlocked phone. I think it can be fixed by flashing the default recovery back, but I don't want to do a back to factory and lose the data on the phone. Does anyone have a pre-made just the recovery package for odin so I don't have to make one?
6th January 2016, 08:24 AM |#189  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hi, I tried to restore to stock but still is stuck on boot logo but I can very well go to recovery and download mode,but going to recovery throws errors,one of my friend says that emmc is gone, but I still have hopes, please help me out,I m attaching pics








Please help me out asap.
Thanks in advance
13th September 2016, 09:46 PM |#190  
Jaws4God's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

Android version 4.3 is rootable, but no bootloader unlock.

so if I have 4.3 what are the options for custom ROMs or major customization?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes