Tapping problem XDA II, screen doesn't respond to stylus

Search This thread

tryirish

Jan 6, 2004
I have had my XDA II for two months and since my last synch I find I am now tapping with the stylus in vain on my screen to enter the system. The screen is in perfect condiition but now does not respond. When I pressed the record or camera buttons on the side the programs load but I can't select anything because the screen does not respond to any stylus taps.

I did a hard reset and now I can't get past the first screen that says please tap here to continue.

Has anybody experienced this problem and can they suggest a way forward for me to get it resolved ASAP as a I am going to Spain tomorrow with an XDA II which is not responding to stylus taps. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tryirish

Jan 6, 2004
no response

I now know what the problem was.

I put on a new screen protector. And for some reason the XDA cannot sense any taps on the screen from the stylus.

I removed the screen protector and it works fine.

However the XDA did work with the last screen protector that I put on, so I do not know why it doesn´t with the new ones.

monika69

Dec 23, 2003
Warsaw, Poland
Re: no response

tryirish said:
I now know what the problem was.

I put on a new screen protector. And for some reason the XDA cannot sense any taps on the screen from the stylus.

I removed the screen protector and it works fine.

However the XDA did work with the last screen protector that I put on, so I do not know why it doesn´t with the new ones.

I have been using screen protectors from various manufaturers, each time I had to re-calibrate the screen (for that reason) but has never come across situation as described above

regards, monika

fonesolution

Jan 31, 2004
London
Tapping problem

hello mate

The reason for your stylus not to work with the screen protector is because you have the edge of the protector toching the sides od the xda.....make sure you have a very small gap between them.
:lol:

cruisin-thru

Jul 20, 2003
Gloucestershire England.
You didnt mention the screen protector in your first post, I had the same with a protector on an ipaq that was slightly oversize and touched the very edges, no taps worked either until I removed the protector.