12th July 2016, 01:52 AM |#101  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,280

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidex46x

Hi @daniel_hk, I would like to install TRWP on my galaxy p6800.
Do I need to do anything to prepare the device before flashing twrp? Like unlocking boot-loader and things like that? I am a newcomer, therefore I got limited knowledge as you can probably tell already.

Also I have a few doubts in regards to the flashing process. Do I just have to download the zip file and flash it from stock recovery to get twrp on my tablet?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time.

PS I read somewhere you developed a 6.0.1 ROM for our device but can't seem to find the post anywhere on the forum. If you could provide a link to it that would be great. Thanks a lot once again.

As you can see, this is the development forum. There are many guides for flashing. May be in the Q and A forum.
Anyway,
1. You don't need to unlock
2. Stock recovery can't flash the zip.
3. In post#1
Quote:

Tar format: flash with Odin or Mobile Odin
zip format: flash in CWM or earlier TWRP
** Recommend using Moblle Odin to flash **

Search for Mobile Odin for detail.

If you have ever browse the forum, I see no reason why you can't find the thread.
It is just a few threads below.
I don't think its suitable for you yet. You might brick your device. If you are interested, search and read some basic guides first.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free

12th July 2016, 06:17 AM |#102  
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

As you can see, this is the development forum. There are many guides for flashing. May be in the Q and A forum.
Anyway,
1. You don't need to unlock
2. Stock recovery can't flash the zip.
3. In post#1

Search for Mobile Odin for detail.

If you have ever browse the forum, I see no reason why you can't find the thread.
It is just a few threads below.
I don't think its suitable for you yet. You might brick your device. If you are interested, search and read some basic guides first.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. My apology for not browsing the forum properly, from now on I'll try and have a better look myself before posting.

Cheers.
9th September 2016, 02:56 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
so sad for Tab 7.7 and plus!
Hope @daniel_hk return
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harrison Le For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harrison Le Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 07:25 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I am also sad about the closing of P6800 thread.
I planned to post my experience with latest DU10.4 when I discovered the fact.
Indeed, I spend the whole summer period with DU10.4 with great pleasure and certainly far more smooth than any stock rom.
My P6800 was used as a navigator (SYGIC) during 3000km without any issue + browsing/streaming, video watching, etc... When used with care, the is no reboot/freeze at all.
Installation was a bit hard though. Installed with latest open gapps pico. Need to reboot several time to have art cache for all apps and need to install SOD Killer app to suppress sleep of death problem.
Now it seems to be the latest rom for my precious P6800.
Thank you very much to Daniel and all contributors for all the years spent together !
Dominique
The Following User Says Thank You to greinedo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greinedo Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 09:12 PM |#105  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,280

Donate to Me
More
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Le

so sad for Tab 7.7 and plus!
Hope @daniel_hk return

Quote:
Originally Posted by greinedo

I am also sad about the closing of P6800 thread.
I planned to post my experience with latest DU10.4 when I discovered the fact.
Indeed, I spend the whole summer period with DU10.4 with great pleasure and certainly far more smooth than any stock rom.
My P6800 was used as a navigator (SYGIC) during 3000km without any issue + browsing/streaming, video watching, etc... When used with care, the is no reboot/freeze at all.
Installation was a bit hard though. Installed with latest open gapps pico. Need to reboot several time to have art cache for all apps and need to install SOD Killer app to suppress sleep of death problem.
Now it seems to be the latest rom for my precious P6800.
Thank you very much to Daniel and all contributors for all the years spent together !
Dominique

Harrison, Dominique and the others,

First of all, I have no plan to stop. MM's development is almost done so I close the thread.
I have clearly mentioned in the Tab Plus threads that I can't support it no more. I seldom quit anything so I continued to build their ROM until MM close. I don't mind they post here but I just unable to support them.

Frankly, it is not my responsibility to teach people how to make me understand their questions and yet I have repeatedly mentioned that. I cherish and admire those sharing which help me a lot. I want to share to those find it useful too. If anyone want to punish me for that. It's okay. I would keep silence but enough is enough. I rather spend my time doing what I'm better.MM is going to end soon so I close the thread to avoid further unreasonable arguments.

People come and go. It is sadly a normal practice that only few would really read before act. I get it. In an object and efficiency orientated world, most of us want quick results, me too! However, when things went south, is it about time we read? No one want to be ignored. We post here for others to read. BUT, if you don't want to spend time to read my post (not just a few keywords), why would I read yours. Sometimes, people won't really read my answers to their posts too. I review my posts from time to time. I have been trying to improve my presentation. I try to explain as detail as possible even if someone might not give a shxx. By the end of the day, I'm really only one and there are too many of "them"...

Again, I don't have a Tab Plus. I'm not qualify to support it. If you think sending me a device is a gift, I can clearly state here that it's not. It's just a burden. Some local manufacturers would send me testing devices from time to time so I don't need extra devices to play with.

Anyway, I'm still playing with my beloved 7.7 from time to time. It helps me learning a lot during the pass few years. If I can make a better presentable ROM for 7.7, I would share it. I just don't want things use to be fun went the other way.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 10:28 AM |#106  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 93

More
As a person following and observing you and your roms for 7.7 Since your first day here, before we loose to contact with you I want to thank you deeply and sincerelly for the efforts you made by now...
Thanks to you I kept and used effectively my beloved P6800 till 4-5 months ago. Even I have had my new T700 I have followed your Roms with the same welcoming..
I want to tell that my favorite rom among all the MM roms is Omni 0621 due to battery life and saticifactory performance. After I test the 0813 Omni and others I return to this 0621 Omni. It consumes nothing during standby in airplane mode.
It was very exciting and lovely feeling to follow your ongoing efforts since the beginning.
I wish we all could test Nougat with you here.
God bless and makes happy you in your all life...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sas_sas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas_sas Ad-Free
30th September 2016, 10:00 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harrison Le For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harrison Le Ad-Free
15th December 2016, 08:17 PM |#108  
my i815 doesnt moiunt /data partition in TWRP 3.0.2.0. mount: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
It's been so long but i believe I had data corruption brickbug on this device once. Anyone know if that's my problem? or is it simply filesystem format? ExtSD is read properly but not data partition. also my time zone setting does not persist
10th February 2017, 10:25 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
i flash on p6200 latest daniel's cm13 of 29/7/2016, it is a bit laggy, but major bug are screen mirroring not working and swipe on aosp keyboard not working...
Can i resolve those?
10th February 2017, 10:44 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 439

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giogts

i flash on p6200 latest daniel's cm13 of 29/7/2016, it is a bit laggy, but major bug are screen mirroring not working and swipe on aosp keyboard not working...
Can i resolve those?

Omnirom on the p6810 was the fastest of the Marshmallow builds. You might want to give it a try, along with screen casting. Casting did work, but because it was software encoding on the p6810, it was a bit slow and would sometimes crash out.

If a Nougat Rom ever gets made, it should be a bit smoother on our old devices. At this point i think development has stopped on our old devices. I have contemplated trying to make a Nougat build, but i have a Nvidia Shield tablet now, and Nvidia do a good job of maintaining the device as compared with Samsung, so i mainly use my old Samsung as a book reader these days
10th February 2017, 10:54 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Omnirom on the p6810 was the fastest of the Marshmallow builds. You might want to give it a try, along with screen casting. Casting did work, but because it was software encoding on the p6810, it was a bit slow and would sometimes crash out.

If a Nougat Rom ever gets made, it should be a bit smoother on our old devices. At this point i think development has stopped on our old devices. I have contemplated trying to make a Nougat build, but i have a Nvidia Shield tablet now, and Nvidia do a good job of maintaining the device as compared with Samsung, so i mainly use my old Samsung as a book reader these days

thanks
so i will try omnirom marshmallow
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)