FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Easy way to silence your XDA?

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By danielalvers, Member on 3rd February 2004, 03:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am looking for an easy way to set my XDA to silent using one hand, like when heading into a meeting.

I have searched through these forums and found My|Profile & Ultra Profiler but really was looking for something even easier (freeware?).

Anyone want to do a little programming?

Here is how it would work.

1. Today screen plug-in
2. One icon or button labeled as "Silent"
3. Using a 'Today Options' button you could select a check box to Vibrate when Silent.
4. When "Silent" is pressed it would set the Volume Settings to 'Off'

That's it. Nothing else, no changable tones, no schedules. Just quickly silence the device. You can then use the Volume Slider to restore your previous settings.

On a related matter I don't understand why I can use the Volume Slider to recover from a "Volume Off" setting. It restores my previous Phone & PDA settings but I can't go to "Volume Off" using the slider. Weird.

3rd February 2004, 09:32 AM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If you can cope with two screen taps, the easiest way is simply to tap the speaker symbol at the top of the screen then tap "Off" (then tap the speaker symbol again if you want to close the pop-up). After the meeting there are two quick ways to restore the volume settings to their previous levels:

1) tap the speaker symbol and then "On" (then tap the speaker symbol again to close the pop-up)
2) slide the volume button on the side of the XDAII up twice

Regards -- Rafil.
3rd February 2004, 06:15 PM |#3  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 13

More
just press the colum button about 2 times it will go from max sound to off then to vibrate then to low then keep pressing it to make it go up and up till it reaches max then the cycle starts again very simple
4th February 2004, 10:52 PM |#4  
OP Member
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the ideas.

RafilK, maybe I have fat figures but trying to hit the Speaker Icon, with a finger, nestled between the time and the signal icon is a hit and miss affair.

gazzaman2k, please excuse my ignorance but what's a "Colum Button"? Is it one of the hardware buttons?
4th February 2004, 10:56 PM |#5  
Flag Leicester

More
sorry typos meant to say volume
4th February 2004, 10:59 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Fair enough. What I believe gazzaman2k was referring to was the hardware sliding button on the side of the XDAII that is used to increase and decrease volume. He is right, two downward movements of the volume button do silence the XDAII - I forgot about that! Hope this helps. Regards -- Rafil.
5th February 2004, 12:40 AM |#7  
Flag Leicester

More
no i was on about the ahrdware button on the xda 1 actually
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)