A couple of things!
First, SuperSU 2.78-SR1 changed the way su.d works, pointing out a flaw in the way a lot of scripts work with su.d which holds up the boot, so I've got a couple of updates related to that, specifically I force-pushed the fix into v9.5 of gappsintegrator
edited), and uploaded a new CMSetup Fix for GApps Installer
. We've also got some nice new working static, stripped builds of adb and fastboot thanks to @Surge1223
, good to go now that I've had the chance to test them out. Amazing work as usual, Surge!
Next up, I doubt anyone's really been following along in the old Logo Me
thread, but I've just completed work on a GN Bootloader Image Replacement Hack Script
linked in the OP) to replicate the functionality of that abandoned paid app, but improves upon it by working on all Galaxy Nexus bootloaders on-the-fly, to allow replacement of the Google logo and lock images so anyone still using a GN doesn't feel so old every time it boots.
Work on logohack.sh revealed a major flaw in pretty much every implementation of the "strings" command I can find on Android. None currently worked as advertisted in my testing; for example, the toybox version in CM13 has all the offsets wrong by 1 byte, and busybox outputs all the offsets in octal despite stating they'll be decimal in the help. This is present in busybox pretty much forever as far as I can tell, and is present in Stericson (1.24.2-Stericson uClibc), and TWRP/Omni (1.22.1-jb bionic), so basically everywhere. There's also no good universal way to convert large octal numbers to decimal in both recovery and booted, so this was hampering my efforts significantly. Which leads to our last item!
Now that Busybox v1.25.0
has had its official patchset
released, that should take care of all the showstoppers and I'm considering it safe for public consumption. I'm glad I waited since gzip was among the affected broken utilities. This version officially incorporated my submitted Android build fixes, and resolves a couple of other issues I maintain patches for so I got to clean up the patch folder a bit as part of my full bring-up. I've also enabled the requested new blkdiscard command and fixed the above-mentioned strings command issue. It's not a difficult fix, but this makes my busybox build the only one I know of that has this working, so that's fun! I'll be submitting the patch for official inclusion.
I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please do hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!
- update to latest busybox (1.25.0) and official patches
- fix strings command to output decimal offsets as per the documentation
See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk
- fix su.d script to run asynchronously to not hold up boot with SuperSU v2.78-SR1 and above
- update to adb v1.0.31 and newer fastboot static arm compiles by @Surge1223
also saw updates this week, and now that BasketBuild
has returned, an updated, signed GN Synapse Injector
zip is now available (under "osmods").