FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,105

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2016, 11:58 AM |#851  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadroidabc

sir need help.
I have Note 5 Marshmallow stock with root access and cwm recovery installed.
I have flashed cwm-odex.Script.Installer.zip from page 1.
I have deodexed service jar with modification and I want to re-odex same. Put deodexed on sdcard and ran command with adb shell

Code:
[email protected]:/sdcard # odex services.jar
odex services.jar
Returns with error
Code:
odex: odexing supplied files...
services.jar is a core framework file, skipping
[email protected]:/sdcard #
Thanks in advance.

Why are you trying to use it on Marshmallow? It very clearly says Dalvik runtime only, and Marshmallow uses ART (Android RunTime) only. Even on Dalvik (KitKat and below) the instructions state core framework files needed to be done at the same time.

19th September 2016, 09:47 AM |#852  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,576

Donate to Me
More
See my Script some Posts back for Marshmallow Sample on how to do it. Only Problem is it doesnt seem to work correctly. I mean all files get odexed right but system dont boot after it. Didnt had Time to fully fix it, also having some Problems with framework.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfbreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfbreak Ad-Free
20th September 2016, 06:50 AM |#853  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

• gappsintegrator init.d script (many devices) - link
    ROM GApps Auto-Integration of /data/app GApps into /system, complete with libs (unlike Titanium Backup), for Jelly Bean through Marshmallow. It should process things early enough in the boot that afterwards Dalvik will immediately do the cleanup ("Android is upgrading..."), much like following an OTA. An initial GApps installation is one requirement and there are some important notes for support of Lollipop and above. Intended for ROMs with a busybox installation. Can also remove libs from and zipalign the integrated APKs if those binaries are present in the ROM.

Am I understanding the intention of your script correctly w.r.t. the fact that it is meant to move all google apps to system, including eventual future updates at boot time? Does this also include chrome, gmail etc. or only stuff like play store and play services?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
20th September 2016, 10:31 AM |#854  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicVI

Am I understanding the intention of your script correctly w.r.t. the fact that it is meant to move all google apps to system, including eventual future updates at boot time? Does this also include chrome, gmail etc. or only stuff like play store and play services?

Everything that has a counterpart in system.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2016, 01:06 PM |#855  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 624

More
Quote:

Everything that has a counterpart in system.

Thanks. Will give it a try

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
23rd September 2016, 01:37 AM |#856  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
A couple of things!

First, SuperSU 2.78-SR1 changed the way su.d works, pointing out a flaw in the way a lot of scripts work with su.d which holds up the boot, so I've got a couple of updates related to that, specifically I force-pushed the fix into v9.5 of gappsintegrator (release post edited), and uploaded a new CMSetup Fix for GApps Installer. We've also got some nice new working static, stripped builds of adb and fastboot thanks to @Surge1223, good to go now that I've had the chance to test them out. Amazing work as usual, Surge!

Next up, I doubt anyone's really been following along in the old Logo Me thread, but I've just completed work on a GN Bootloader Image Replacement Hack Script (logohack.sh linked in the OP) to replicate the functionality of that abandoned paid app, but improves upon it by working on all Galaxy Nexus bootloaders on-the-fly, to allow replacement of the Google logo and lock images so anyone still using a GN doesn't feel so old every time it boots.

Work on logohack.sh revealed a major flaw in pretty much every implementation of the "strings" command I can find on Android. None currently worked as advertisted in my testing; for example, the toybox version in CM13 has all the offsets wrong by 1 byte, and busybox outputs all the offsets in octal despite stating they'll be decimal in the help. This is present in busybox pretty much forever as far as I can tell, and is present in Stericson (1.24.2-Stericson uClibc), and TWRP/Omni (1.22.1-jb bionic), so basically everywhere. There's also no good universal way to convert large octal numbers to decimal in both recovery and booted, so this was hampering my efforts significantly. Which leads to our last item!

Now that Busybox v1.25.0 has had its official patchset released, that should take care of all the showstoppers and I'm considering it safe for public consumption. I'm glad I waited since gzip was among the affected broken utilities. This version officially incorporated my submitted Android build fixes, and resolves a couple of other issues I maintain patches for so I got to clean up the patch folder a bit as part of my full bring-up. I've also enabled the requested new blkdiscard command and fixed the above-mentioned strings command issue. It's not a difficult fix, but this makes my busybox build the only one I know of that has this working, so that's fun! I'll be submitting the patch for official inclusion.

I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please do hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!

UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.25.0-ALL-signed.zip:
- update to latest busybox (1.25.0) and official patches
- fix strings command to output decimal offsets as per the documentation

See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

UPDATE-CMSetup.Fix.For.GApps.Installer-signed.zip:
- fix su.d script to run asynchronously to not hold up boot with SuperSU v2.78-SR1 and above

UPDATE-adb.Installer.v1.0.31-signed.zip:
- update to adb v1.0.31 and newer fastboot static arm compiles by @Surge1223

AnyKernel2 and APK-Patcher also saw updates this week, and now that BasketBuild has returned, an updated, signed GN Synapse Injector zip is now available (under "osmods").
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2016, 09:51 AM |#857  
Thanks Meter: 810

More
hi,

ADBsync sdcard Backup is absolutely what I was looking for...gonna switch to the S7 this weekend and wanted to backup my sdcard

unfortunately the script stops with

Code:
A                2016-08-06 11:38  obb
A             0  2014-01-01 00:10  obb/.nomedia
A                2015-12-05 17:26  obb/com.antutu.ABenchMark
A                2015-11-27 12:52  obb/com.ea.game.simcitymobile_row

<-            0  2013-03-14 12:43  0/.DataStorage - 0.003
<-            0  2013-03-14 12:43  0/.DataStorage\ - Path already exists, but not as directory C
Could not create directory "C:\ADBsync sdcard Backup\sdcard\0\.DataStorage"
I have added .DataStorage to longfilenames-ignore-list.ini
Code:
# Enter Android sdcard directory paths to ignore, then zip (due to long filenames); no wildcards allowed, one per line.
# Note: This will also push a .noadbsync file to each of these directories.
# eg. /data/media/0/Android/data/com.alphonso.pulse/files/catalogImageCache
/data/media/0/.DataStorage

EDIT: Found the problem....somehow there was an .DataStorage file on my sdcard. Don't know if it was there before or if it was created by this script because there have been other files starting with and dot which have an corresponding directory too.

Another question, can this be used to push the files to the sdcard if the card is empty?

Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to DirkStorck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DirkStorck Ad-Free
23rd September 2016, 09:58 AM |#858  
Recognized Contributor
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Quote:

A couple of things!

First, SuperSU 2.78-SR1 changed the way su.d works, pointing out a flaw in the way a lot of scripts work with su.d which holds up the boot, so I've got a couple of updates related to that, specifically I force-pushed the fix into v9.5 of gappsintegrator (release post edited), and uploaded a new CMSetup Fix for GApps Installer. We've also got some nice new working static, stripped builds of adb and fastboot thanks to @Surge1223 now that I've had the chance to test them out. Amazing work as usual, Surge!

Next up, I doubt anyone's really been following along in the old Logo Me thread, but I've just completed work on a GN Bootloader Image Replacement Hack Script (logohack.sh linked in the OP) to replicate the functionality of that abandoned paid app, but improves upon it by working on all Galaxy Nexus bootloaders on-the-fly, to allow replacement of the Google logo and lock images so anyone still using a GN doesn't feel so old every time it boots.

Work on logohack.sh revealed a major flaw in pretty much every implementation of the "strings" command I can find on Android. None currently worked as advertisted in my testing; for example, the toybox version in CM13 has all the offsets wrong by 1 byte, and busybox outputs all the offsets in octal despite stating they'll be decimal in the help. This is present in busybox pretty much forever as far as I can tell, and is present in Stericson (1.24.2-Stericson uClibc), and TWRP/Omni (1.22.1-jb bionic), so basically everywhere. There's also no good universal way to convert large octal numbers to decimal in both recovery and booted, so this was hampering my efforts significantly. Which leads to our last item!

Now that Busybox v1.25.0 has had its official patchset released, that should take care of all the showstoppers and I'm considering it safe for public consumption. I'm glad I waited since gzip was among the affected broken utilities. This version officially incorporated my submitted Android build fixes, and resolves a couple of other issues I maintain patches for so I got to clean up the patch folder a bit as part of my full bring-up. I've also enabled the requested new blkdiscard command and fixed the above-mentioned strings command issue. It's not a difficult fix, but this makes my busybox build the only one I know of that has this working, so that's fun! I'll be submitting the patch for official inclusion.

I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please do hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!

UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.25.0-ALL-signed.zip:
- update to latest busybox (1.25.0) and official patches
- fix strings command to output decimal offsets as per the documentation

See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

UPDATE-CMSetup.Fix.For.GApps.Installer-signed.zip:
- fix su.d script to run asynchronously to not hold up boot with SuperSU v2.78-SR1 and above

UPDATE-adb.Installer.v1.0.31-signed.zip:
- update to adb v1.0.31 and newer fastboot static arm compiles by @Surge1223

AnyKernel2 and APK-Patcher also saw updates this week, and now that BasketBuild has returned, an updated, signed GN Synapse Injector zip is now available (under "osmods").

Hi great work your doing here mate truly awesome stuff, I have sent you a pm, I'm really hoping you might be able to help me with something, I've explained in the message, I look forward to hearing from you, thanks for you time.

Sent from my brain to my finger to my phone to xda
23rd September 2016, 09:00 PM |#859  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

hi,

ADBsync sdcard Backup is absolutely what I was looking for...gonna switch to the S7 this weekend and wanted to backup my sdcard

unfortunately the script stops with

Code:
A                2016-08-06 11:38  obb
A             0  2014-01-01 00:10  obb/.nomedia
A                2015-12-05 17:26  obb/com.antutu.ABenchMark
A                2015-11-27 12:52  obb/com.ea.game.simcitymobile_row

<-            0  2013-03-14 12:43  0/.DataStorage - 0.003
<-            0  2013-03-14 12:43  0/.DataStorage\ - Path already exists, but not as directory C
Could not create directory "C:\ADBsync sdcard Backup\sdcard\0\.DataStorage"
I have added .DataStorage to longfilenames-ignore-list.ini
Code:
# Enter Android sdcard directory paths to ignore, then zip (due to long filenames); no wildcards allowed, one per line.
# Note: This will also push a .noadbsync file to each of these directories.
# eg. /data/media/0/Android/data/com.alphonso.pulse/files/catalogImageCache
/data/media/0/.DataStorage

EDIT: Found the problem....somehow there was an .DataStorage file on my sdcard. Don't know if it was there before or if it was created by this script because there have been other files starting with and dot which have an corresponding directory too.

Another question, can this be used to push the files to the sdcard if the card is empty?

Thank you!

Nothing in the script would create random .files... and it's only for the backup, but I think somewhere in the documentation (links.. so many links.. ) I mention how to push things back to the sdcard from a local backup. My sdcard fix permissions script zip should be used to correct things once pushed back since adb doesn't really know where it's pushing to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Hi great work your doing here mate truly awesome stuff, I have sent you a pm, I'm really hoping you might be able to help me with something, I've explained in the message, I look forward to hearing from you, thanks for you time.

Sorry, can you repost the issue here? Per my signature I only respond when things are posted in an appropriate thread. Thanks for understanding.
23rd September 2016, 09:09 PM |#860  
Recognized Contributor
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 4,131

More
Quote:

It's only for the backup, but I think somewhere in the documentation (links.. so many links.. ) I mention how to push things back to the sdcard from a local backup. My sdcard fix permissions script zip should be used to correct things once pushed back since adb doesn't really know where it's pushing to.

Sorry, can you repost the issue here? Per my signature I only respond when things are posted in an appropriate thread. Thanks for understanding.

No problem, basically I make a booster MOD but in this I use a setprop to tweak dex2oat lines contained within getprop, by changing the values boot time is faster as well as installing apps take a fraction of the time,
My problem is I currently have to set a wait 50 command for them to take effect.
I saw your minfree script that changes the values during the boot sequence rather than after and I was wondering if something similar could be done with build prop lines,
This would be really helpful as the tweak really makes a difference.
Thank you again for your time and I really hope you can help.

Sent from my brain to my finger to my phone to xda
The Following User Says Thank You to smeejaytee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smeejaytee Ad-Free
23rd September 2016, 09:14 PM |#861  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

No problem, basically I make a booster MOD but in this I use a setprop to tweak dex2oat lines contained within getprop, by changing the values boot time is faster as well as installing apps take a fraction of the time,
My problem is I currently have to set a wait 50 command for them to take effect.
I saw your minfree script that changes the values during the boot sequence rather than after and I was wondering if something similar could be done with build prop lines,
This would be really helpful as the tweak really makes a difference.
Thank you again for your time and I really hope you can help.

Sure! If I recall correctly, the lmk script basically just applies the tweak repeatedly until it actually sticks, so something similar could definitely be worked out for dex2oat.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)