FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HP SDIO 1.3MP Camera - Will it work?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By phideltwj, Junior Member on 8th February 2004, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Will the HP SDIO 1.3MP camera work in the XDA/XDA 2?

Are there any other high-res cameras available?


Thanks!
 
 
9th February 2004, 02:50 AM |#2  
monika69's Avatar
Senior Member
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: HP SDIO 1.3MP Camera - Will it work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideltwj

Will the HP SDIO 1.3MP camera work in the XDA/XDA 2?

Are there any other high-res cameras available?


Thanks!

in my humble view there are 100% chances it is not going to work on XDA, on XDA II ... hmm, HP has been providing drivers for its machines but as the platform seems to be the same and X-Scale used also the same ... might work, but has not tested yet

regards, monika
9th February 2004, 05:15 AM |#3  
Robson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
if i remember the xda1 doesn't have sdio; thus the hp camera wouldn't work. there's already an sd-enabled camera for the xda1, not sure what the name is.

for the xda2; not sure if the hp camera would work...maybe or maybe not. haven't really tried doing that one since the unit comes with its own camera. what's the camera resolution of the hp?

cheers
robson
9th February 2004, 10:41 AM |#4  
monika69's Avatar
Senior Member
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson

if i remember the xda1 doesn't have sdio; thus the hp camera wouldn't work. there's already an sd-enabled camera for the xda1, not sure what the name is.

for the xda2; not sure if the hp camera would work...maybe or maybe not. haven't really tried doing that one since the unit comes with its own camera. what's the camera resolution of the hp?

cheers
robson

for hp camera res pls see the thread subject where it says 1.3mpix and as far as compatibility has been concerned .... I heard from the news various and contradicting stories

regards, monika
11th February 2004, 01:45 AM |#5  
Robson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
hey monika,

would you happen to have the that thread you mentioned? i'm planning on buying the ipaq accessory which features a flashlight / flash via sdio card...or was that cf....in any case i want to check for compatibility.

cheers then
robson
13th February 2004, 10:52 PM |#6  
monika69's Avatar
Senior Member
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson

hey monika,

would you happen to have the that thread you mentioned? i'm planning on buying the ipaq accessory which features a flashlight / flash via sdio card...or was that cf....in any case i want to check for compatibility.

cheers then
robson

I did look for specific postings from the net, so far no luck .... but the thing is, as far as I remember, I've seen it on various groups ... maybe during the weekend I find some more time to do the searching

sorry for delay and regards, monika
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes