FORUMS

[Skins] HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! Updated Sep. 7th!

1,169 posts
Thanks Meter: 167

By gIMpSTa, Senior Member on 29th March 2010, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2010, 12:26 PM |#581  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsomething

or is there a better way?

Interesting some had no problems un-themed.... I would use root explorer (just a personal choice).... Anything that will give you access to /system/app just to check if theres an old version there.....
14th June 2010, 11:33 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285

Interesting some had no problems un-themed.... I would use root explorer (just a personal choice).... Anything that will give you access to /system/app just to check if theres an old version there.....

just for the heck of it, i made a nandroid backup of what i had. wiped 3 times and installed the clean froyo file i had started with. then did nothing but installed root explorer and used it to installed v27 for froyo, the unmodded one. and tried that. it still forced closed when opening the keyboard while in a text field.

i used it to look in /system/app folder but i found nothing about htc in there. oddly enough i didn't even see anything when the apk was installed either. weird. but oh well.

one or 2 force closed pre use is still worth it lol. the stock keyboard is soooo bad. i love the compact qwerty. thanks for the ideas.
15th June 2010, 03:18 AM |#583  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsomething

just for the heck of it, i made a nandroid backup of what i had. wiped 3 times and installed the clean froyo file i had started with. then did nothing but installed root explorer and used it to installed v27 for froyo, the unmodded one. and tried that. it still forced closed when opening the keyboard while in a text field.

Very odd.... Well, sadly you'll have to deal with those FC's till atleast Monday for gIMpSTa to look at.... Could def get a few logcat for him to help speed the process?? Thanks for the input!!
15th June 2010, 06:50 AM |#584  
colorado
Thanks Meter: 15

More
any plans on theming more semi transparent colors?
20th June 2010, 07:26 PM |#585  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maine

More
Back from an AMAZING vacation with 30+ miles of hiking including the 5200 foot summit of Mt Katahdin

I will be resting today and back to work tomorrow, I have a pile of requests and few features to add which I will be working on in the next couple of nights! Glad to see the number of users still climbing!
21st June 2010, 12:55 AM |#586  
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What about an Android version of Dinik's Anastasia keyboard?

21st June 2010, 06:33 AM |#587  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
???
where can i find a link to the pre-themed keyboards?
21st June 2010, 10:13 AM |#588  
Flag Khobar
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Thank you so much, you are the man
22nd June 2010, 09:29 AM |#589  

More
Hello guys, I'm new here at the board!

This site was a great find for me looking for the "legendary" HTC mod keyboard :). Props to jonasl for sharing this with us and gimpsta for coming up with great skins.

BTW, I hope the keyboard skin site will get better over time. Also hope that the transparent backgrounds would also be good on other applications in the future, not just the home screens :).

Cheers!
22nd June 2010, 02:29 PM |#590  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maine

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdlexusis

any plans on theming more semi transparent colors?

Yes, just been busy, but hopefully some big things coming in next couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikdragoon

What about an Android version of Dinik's Anastasia keyboard?

You mean a skin/theme like that or the whole keyboard? Porting the whole keyboard would likely not be possible. I can try to replicate the skin tho if that's what you meant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayer

where can i find a link to the pre-themed keyboards?

First post has links to the kitchen where you can create your own, or any of the "presets" from the second post in this thread. This is currently the only way to access my themed keyboards. It's worth it, trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo2min

Thank you so much, you are the man

And thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwoid

Hello guys, I'm new here at the board!

This site was a great find for me looking for the "legendary" HTC mod keyboard :). Props to jonasl for sharing this with us and gimpsta for coming up with great skins.

BTW, I hope the keyboard skin site will get better over time. Also hope that the transparent backgrounds would also be good on other applications in the future, not just the home screens :).

Welcome and thanks!

The site is a work in progress. I'm currently beta testing some fairly big changes to the site that I hope to roll out in next few days, but it will always be a work in progress and will be improved as I have time/ideas/suggestions!

As far as the transparency thing, not much I can do on that. Some apps will show it transparent (handcent sms comes to mind, for example). It's not just the homescreen, but rather a handful of apps that for whatever reason draw their own background (or container) behind the keyboard. Some apps make it white, some black, it's really annoying but I think would take modifying each individual app to remove that behavior.
LegionTHEFecalExcretion
26th June 2010, 08:19 AM |#591  

More
Thumbs up
AWESOME Kitchen Bro!!! Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)