AP40 strange WIFI Problem

Search This thread

vma

Mar 19, 2005
geocities.com
Hi,

I just flashed AP40 and did the SPL35 upgrade. Everything fine.
Without inserted SIM and SD-Card, WIFI works.

If I insert SIM and SD-Card, WIFI still works, but can't connect to any Access Point (I have several).

Strange...

Any ideas?

Trying to flash avengerpenguin's WM6.5 now.

Radio is 1.57, I had MichyPrima's WM61 before and WIFI was working well.

Cheers,
vma

vma

Mar 19, 2005
geocities.com
Hi again...

After trying out WM6.5 I concluded that I did not like it. avengerpenguin did a great job, but unfortunatly I can't say the same from Microsoft.

The menu's are horrible, everything is much more scattered around and much less productive than WM6.1.

Enough said, I installed AP40 again. First thing I tried out was to insert the SIM and check WIFI. It worked, so I was happy and got everything back together (syncing, getting all the shortcuts back, etc.).

It was only when I tried to connect to my BT headset that I found out that it wasn't working. I turned on WIFI and now it is as before: sees the AP's, but doesnt connect!

Any ideas what may be causing it? Can it be the operator customisation?

This really sucks!

EDIT:

BT works now, but was still kind of strange to connect headset. In doubt I still plead in favour of the Athena.

WIFI, however is not working, neither with or without SIM inserted. My settings are pretty simple, SHARED, WEP and a single 128bit key.

And I am 100% sure the settings are correct, because it did work right after flashing. Only after some while did it stop. I just installed MS Voice Command (can't hardly be the cause).

I searched th ewhole forum, I know it's not the MAC problem and yep, I tried the turning off all security on my router.

Would be great to hear any ideas.

Thanks,
vma

Last edited:

Tikras

Apr 8, 2007
London
Similar problem with wifi.

WIFI, however is not working, neither with or without SIM inserted. My settings are pretty simple, SHARED, WEP and a single 128bit key.

And I am 100% sure the settings are correct, because it did work right after flashing. Only after some while did it stop. I just installed MS Voice Command (can't hardly be the cause).

I searched th ewhole forum, I know it's not the MAC problem and yep, I tried the turning off all security on my router.

Would be great to hear any ideas.

Thanks,
vma[/QUOTE]

-------------
yes, I've got similar problem with wifi. After managing to activate it (switch wifi on) through the pain though, it still useless, unable to connect to any access point with any settings. It can be even unsecured network. On my home router I removed all security and made it open with default compatibility settings, but no luck! All my other windows mobile PDAs (Kaiser and universal) get connected to those access points with no problems.
Seems nobody can give any good advise for this case in this forum.