How to uninstall SuperSU that was installed through TWRP?

Search This thread

a1exus

Jun 4, 2008
NYC
alexus.org
I accidentally confirmed installation of SuperSU while trying to exit TWRP (I wish TWRP had an option to disable it) ;[

How do I uninstall it? As I'm unable to boot into my phone anymore((

Last edited:

red1337

Dec 8, 2014
I by accidented confirmed to install SuperSU while trying to exit TWRP (I wish TWRP had an option to disable it) ;[

How do I uninstall it? As I'm unable to boot into my phone anymore((

hi a1exus

i've the same problem, uninstall supersu from its settings panel doesnt work at all... after the required reboot supersu is still there and installed as an system app.
im using a htc one m7. i need to remove supersu to install the OTA update.

any ideas on how to remove supersu?

kind regards

red1337

Reactions: Thor™

a1exus

Jun 4, 2008
NYC
alexus.org
hi a1exus

i've the same problem, uninstall supersu from its settings panel doesnt work at all... after the required reboot supersu is still there and installed as an system app.
im using a htc one m7. i need to remove supersu to install the OTA update.

any ideas on how to remove supersu?

kind regards

red1337
flash system.img

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

red1337

Dec 8, 2014
@a1exus
thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I didn't made any backup befor rooting. But now I made a nandroid backup after updating to the newest version and before rooting ;)
@Srandista
next time I'll definately try that script. I couldn't find that unSU script when I searched the interwebs. Thanks also for your help!

Kind regards

red1337

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
I have to thank you, I was stuck on de boot logo, because i had the same problem that he says, and that file solved it.
I have a Moto X Play 6.0

Thanks for this. I had CM13 installed on my Redmi 2 and I flashed SUperSU ZIP through TWRP leading to booting error. Through the link shared by you and downloading file provided by @osm0sis I was able to get out of booting issue.

But problem is that now am stuck with no root access. Any idea how to renable it? I have CM13 and in developer options it is on.

Pls guide.

Reactions: osm0sis

rubendob

Mar 11, 2016
same issue and worst

hi

I was doing standard procedure to root LG4. Everything went ok until I uploaded the UPDATE-SUPERSU-v2.46.zip

Now, LG G4 don't boot anymore...

Until now I was able to boot into TRWP system doing adb commands but now since LG G4 stucks in boot my windows don't recognize the phone.

Am I totally screw?

Do you have any idea?

:(

grep_i

Sep 19, 2015
hi

I was doing standard procedure to root LG4. Everything went ok until I uploaded the UPDATE-SUPERSU-v2.46.zip

Now, LG G4 don't boot anymore...

Until now I was able to boot into TRWP system doing adb commands but now since LG G4 stucks in boot my windows don't recognize the phone.

Am I totally screw?

Do you have any idea?

:(

Does your LG G4 haven't got a key press combination to go to bootloader menu ?
Oooh wait first hit on Google search.

How to Boot into Fastboot Mode on LG G4 with the help of its Hardware Buttons:

First of all, turn off the smartphone.

Then, press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys at the same time for about 6 or 7 seconds.

Plug in the USB cable for your smartphone and connect it to your PC.

Release the keys only when the download mode is being displayed.

Reactions: michaeldcoates

benjg_

Mar 19, 2016
Same problem here! Nog able to het Root acces.(su binary not installed), so says Supersu. Probally because cm and Supersu Have a conflict. So how to delete the 'System' Supersu app?

rubendob

Mar 11, 2016
i had same problem before, I upload and install super Su in LG G4, turns into soft brick. I was only able to restore all android with kdz file via LGUP.

Reactions: vibo2013

Zitendra

Aug 2, 2016
When i install super su from twrp it does not install, but super su icon see on my phone, so that i try to un install but it does not open a pop up menu showing on the screen that is super su is not install and su binary need , so how to remove super su for my mobile

Top Liked Posts